Krakow - Poland

Post your non cruising holiday ideas/plans/questions/reviews here

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Krakow - Poland

Post by Jan Rosser »

I'm off end of next week to Krakow - organised trip with Riviera Travel - just a long weekend - Friday to Monday flying from Bristol airport. Very early morning flight and late return flight so full 4 days which include visit to Auschwitz, the Salt Mines and a walking tour of the city. Anyone been to Krakow - any idea of temperatures early May and what about the currency - zloty ?? - do they take the Euro?
Janis

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Krakow - Poland

Post by Whynd1 »

Sorry Jan not been myself but have a friend who went and she had a nice trip. She was glad she went to Auschwitz even though she found it very emotional.

I'm sure she took euros.

Lindsey

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Krakow - Poland

Post by Manoverboard »

Beautiful location ... the City Centre, Salt Mines and Auschwitz are all absolutely amazing. The Pope's Residence was for us overly religious and was packed with devout groups who wished to examine everything in the greatest detail.

We spent 3 days in Krakow in 2016, credit cards were not always taken nor were Euros. Best to get some snotties from an ATM.

Forget fine dining but enjoy their local specialities, hearty and inexpensive. Soups or Vienel Shnitzel-ish n chips are suburb.

Temperatures vary alarmingly, highest recorded in the 30s and lowest below zero. I would expect it to be springlike but take layers ... this week ranges from 15 to 29 by the way :lol:

Climate averages for KrakowClimate averages for Krakow

:wave:
Last edited by Manoverboard on 26 Apr 2018, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Return to “Non Cruise Holidays”