Dining Question from Newbie

Discussions about anything related to Britannia

Topic author
Miss Moneypenny
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Dining Question from Newbie

Post by Miss Moneypenny »

Hello everyone. :D I am new to this forum, and I have really enjoyed reading all the posts.

We are on a Britannia cruise departing on 18th July. I wondered if anyone could help me please?

I have only previously cruised with Royal Caribbean on Independence of the Seas. My husband has been poorly and is still recovering, so this cruise is a treat for us. I know that this may sound very strange to you all, but we really don't like the formal dining and dressing up, we like to eat casually and on Independence we always dined in the Windjammer cafe. Could anyone please tell me if there is a version of this "buffet style" dining on Britannia please? It really is our preferred way of relaxing, so I really hope there is this option.

Also, the price of the cruise means I would like to avoid too many extra costs. Is it clear where you can eat and drink free of charge, and the places where an additional charge is incurred please?

Thank you in advance, and thanks to everyone who takes the time to post such useful information. :D

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Dining Question from Newbie

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Yes, there is a buffet restaurant called Horizon on Britannia which is included in the price and where you can dress casually even on formal nights. On Britannia there are only 2 formal nights each week so on the other 5 you can still eat in the main dining room in smart casual gear if you want to. Don't worry. There are some venues where you can eat something different for a supplement but you can eat very well without paying a penny extra.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Just to add, alcoholic drinks and fancy coffees are extra costs, but ordinary tea and coffee are free.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi Miss Moneypenny,

I always take a box each of Cappuccino and Latte coffee with me as it makes a nice change from the in-cabin coffee and at 15p a cup it won't break the bank.

Welcome to the forum.

Regards

Onelife

Topic author
Miss Moneypenny
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Thank you both for the warm welcome and putting my mind at rest.

I have googled the Horizon restaurant, and it is exactly what I hoped for.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.

Jacknian
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Jacknian »

The horizon buffet also has theme nights some of the time, when they have food from a particular country . Ie - Indian night , - the currys are lovely ! great British night when they have fish and chips, sausage and mash, etc, American night with burgers , hot dogs, etc. the glasshouse is really nice too and there is only a small supplement to eat there, about £10 per person but well worth it. We are on Britannia the cruise after you so look after her for us !

Ian Perth
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Ian Perth »

From the sounds of it you want a casual cruise. If that's what you like you can do this on the Britannia. The Horizon buffet area is great and it's open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night snack which are more than just snacks, you can have a meal if you want. Anywhere where there's a surcharge is well advertised. Have a great holiday.

Topic author
Miss Moneypenny
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Thank you again to everyone, and for being so welcoming. This has really put my mind at rest, so I can look forward to it properly now!

This forum is so useful, thanks to everyone that posts. :D

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Don't praise them too much Miss Moneypenny. They'll be wanting paying next!!! :lol:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Welcome to the forum Miss Moneypenny :clap:

A word of advice that will stand you in good stead......don't get too friendly with that Onelife chappie, I'll say no more ;) :thumbup:

Return to “About Britannia”