Java cafe now included in price on Britannia?

Discussions about anything related to Britannia

Topic author
towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Java cafe now included in price on Britannia?

Post by towny44 »

I have just followed a P&O e-mail to their website for updates on Britannia's refit, and noticed among all their blurb that they now say that Java cafe, with a photo of a Costa coffee, is now included in the price. I imagine this same data will be shown for all the other ships as well. However I very much doubt it's true, probably just another example of P&O's lax attitude to their advertising information.
I also note that on CC the current launch information concerning the 5% discount for everyone and the 10% discount for past passengers is being picked over because the 5% discount is automatically applied to all price searches, but not made clear enough for everyone. Apparently people would prefer to see the base price so they feel confident they have received the correct discount. :?:
Last edited by towny44 on 27 Oct 2019, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Java cafe now included in price on Britannia?

Post by Kenmo1 »

towny44 wrote: 27 Oct 2019, 11:06
I also note that on CC the current launch information concerning the 5% discount for everyone and the 10% discount for past passengers is being picked over because the 5% discount is automatically applied to all price searches, but not made clear enough for everyone. Apparently people would prefer to see the base price so they feel confident they have received the correct discount.
I think that was the same as last year and caused a lot of confusion and bad feeling. You would think that PO would have learned a lesson from it. Last year they paid out extra OBC to some of those who queried their bookings with PO (us included) because of the confusing advertising. I wonder what they will do this year.

Maureen.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

towny44 wrote: 27 Oct 2019, 11:06
Java cafe, with a photo of a Costa coffee, is now included in the price.
I suppose, technically, it is in the same way that all other venues are included in the price - just not the actual coffee is included in the price.

As for the 5%/10% fiasco I think that P&O are just making a rod for their own back. If they showed the "full" price then applied the appropriate discount everyone would be happy and there would be no confusion. This is the problem these days that there are far too many creating advertising material who do not have an understanding of the nuances of the English language and what seems obvious to them is read in a totally different way by others.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

It does say you can purchase Costa coffee here.
Last edited by GillD46 on 27 Oct 2019, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
Gill

Topic author
towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

GillD46 wrote: 27 Oct 2019, 11:47
Yes but only if you delve deeper, the Blue Bar clearly states on the first page that for a little extra you can buy a drink, so why not the same for Java cafe, you can equally sit there without needing to buy a drink as you can in Java cafe.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

towny44 wrote: 27 Oct 2019, 12:31
GillD46 wrote: 27 Oct 2019, 11:47
Yes but only if you delve deeper, the Blue Bar clearly states on the first page that for a little extra you can buy a drink, so why not the same for Java cafe, you can equally sit there without needing to buy a drink as you can in Java cafe.
Ah yes, all the inside cabin people! "We only sleep there so we don't need to pay for a window. So we'll sit in the bar/café and not buy a drink instead." Dons tin hat and retires quickly.... :crazy:

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 27 Oct 2019, 15:45
Ah yes, all the inside cabin people! "We only sleep there so we don't need to pay for a window. So we'll sit in the bar/café and not buy a drink instead." Dons tin hat and retires quickly....
BANG !!! :lol:

Maureen

Return to “About Britannia”