Dilemma

This is a link from my blog about my trip to India in 2014

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dilemma

Post by david63 »

We have now realised that we have a dilemma - what to take?
We are not prone to travelling light and being on the move for the best part of five weeks does not bode well. There is an added complication in that we will only have a 15kg luggage allowance on the internal flights - so the hunt is now on for lightweight clothing that can be washed, and more importantly dried quickly.
 We have managed to find some lightweight luggage so that has saved us a few kilos already - just have to hope that the cases will withstand the amount of handling that they will get, although they do get good write-ups and have a 10 year guarantee.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Dilemma

Post by Manoverboard »

Dont worry about it, just buy some cheapo extra stuff when you get there ... then bin it.

Problem solved :thumbup:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

We are used to 15kg allowances and find it more than adequate for a 2 week holiday .. and have managed with it on a 4 week holiday.

However can you not purchase an extra 5kg each ?
I fnot then I agree with MOB, buy daytime clothing when out there .. tee-shirts etc. are cheap.

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Getting out there with luggage is not the problem we have 30kg EACH. :thumbup:

Buying when out there would be a problem because we would still be limited with the 15kg each on the internal flights - unless we were to spend every day buing stuff for the next day :thumbdown:

sumdumbloke
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by sumdumbloke »

david63 wrote:
Getting out there with luggage is not the problem we have 30kg EACH. :thumbup:

Buying when out there would be a problem because we would still be limited with the 15kg each on the internal flights - unless we were to spend every day buing stuff for the next day :thumbdown:

It's 3 years since I travelled in India, but when I did additional baggage on internal flights was very cheap. Around 200 Rupees/kg. It can't be too different today.

Even at those cheap rates it may still be cheaper to buy new clothes each week.

Return to “David's Trip to India”