Getting Closer By The Day

This is a link from my blog about my trip to India in 2014

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Getting Closer By The Day

Post by david63 »

It is now less than four weeks until we set off on our "Great Adventure" (well it seems like a great adventure for us)

We got all our "paperwork" today from the tour operator - something that will be compulsive reading for the next few days.

Having watched the Hotel India programmes over the last few weeks, preceded by Rick Stein's India, we feel as if we know a lot of the places that we will be visiting - and yes we are staying at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel when we are in Mumbai (although not in the £9k per night Presidential suite)

If anyone has an unsatable desire to be bored then you will be able to follow our progress here

davej593
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Getting Closer By The Day

Post by davej593 »

Cost of visa is bad enough

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

My daughter is off there for a month tomorrow - via Tokyo of all places!
Meg
x

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hope you have a wonderful time David. Our short 8 hour tour of Mumbai earlier this year was very memorable. I would love to go back there some day soon. We saw the Taj Mahal Hotel which overlooks the Gateway of India.
We had a wonderful guide called Pravav who is a local who set up his tour guide business. He is so knowledgeable and showed us the difference between the lifestyles if the super rich and extreme poverty which exist side by side in Mumbai.

He has a web site called Grand Mumbai tours and can also be found on trip advisor.

Sue

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

I an sure you are getting very excited now. Our daughter travelled extensively around India about 2-3 years ago and she absolutely loved it there - we were somewhat less keen on our only trip to Mumbai - but she still says that after Israel it is her very favourite country. And she has travelled all over the world.

I have forgotten how long you are going for? However long,, I am sure you'll have a very interesting time and I'll look forward to reading all about it.
Gill

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Hi Gill - we will be in India for almost five weeks

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Well that's a great time for exploring. Have a fab time :thumbup:
Gill

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

I'm looking forward to following your travels :thumbup:
Jo

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

So am I :lol:

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Dancing Queen wrote:- I'm looking forward to following your travels.
If it comes any thing like Onelife's epic, we will still be reading it into the new year.
Less than two weeks David, have a fantastic trip.

Ray
Don't worry, be happy

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

david63 wrote:
It is now less than four weeks until we set off on our "Great Adventure" (well it seems like a great adventure for us)

We got all our "paperwork" today from the tour operator - something that will be compulsive reading for the next few days.

Having watched the Hotel India programmes over the last few weeks, preceded by Rick Stein's India, we feel as if we know a lot of the places that we will be visiting - and yes we are staying at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel when we are in Mumbai (although not in the £9k per night Presidential suite)

If anyone has an unsatable desire to be bored then you will be able to follow our progress here
David - that is most certainly a great adventure as far as I am concerned and not one I am brave enough to do but I really am looking forward to reading about it. Have a wonderful time.

Maureen

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

We are not sure that we are brave enough do this but after 18 months of planning we do not have much choice now. IWe have been assured that we will be having our "hands held" throughout this trip and through comments that have been made there will be a few surprises along the way to make it special.

Return to “David's Trip to India”