Three Sleeps To Go

This is a link from my blog about my trip to India in 2014

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Three Sleeps To Go

Post by david63 »

This trip is rapidly becoming a reality with only three sleeps to go and we are at the stage of wondering whether this is a good idea - well it seemed to be at the time of planning!

I cannot really say that there are clothes and other packing things everywhere because, due to internal flights, we are not taking that much - sorry but the kitchen sink is not coming!!

We are now at the stage of all the last minute  jobs - not helped by the fact that there is a [remote] possibility that the estate agents may have one or more viewings for the house while we are away. Also found out yesterday that there is a high possibility that we will come back to a flat car battery - just as well that we have AA Home Start

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Three Sleeps To Go

Post by Manoverboard »

No need to take too many clothes ... buy them in India and then dump them rather than washing them.

The Estate Agent can earn his keep and having a fish pie in the freezer is a better plan than worrying about a flat battery.

Sod the World ... have a great holier :wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Don't let your flat battery worry you. We came back from a six week trip to both cars completely flat AND brakes seized up, but the AA sent TWO lorries - one for each car(!) and we were soon up and running again.

Have a fab time and I look forward to reading all about it on your return.
Gill

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

GillD46 wrote:
Don't let your flat battery worry you. We came back from a six week trip to both cars completely flat AND brakes seized up, but the AA sent TWO lorries - one for each car(!) and we were soon up and running again.

Better still, take off all four wheels and leave the car on a pile of bricks. Slap a 'Police Aware' sticker on it and you can park for free for as long as you want :)

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Quizzical Bob wrote:
GillD46 wrote:

Better still, take off all four wheels and leave the car on a pile of bricks. Slap a 'Police Aware' sticker on it and you can park for free for as long as you want :)
Now why didn't we think of that lol
Gill

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

I wouldn't worry about a flat battery when my OH broke his ankle one of our cars didn't move off the drive for 8 weeks and it was fine.

Have a wonderful trip :wave: :wave:
Jo

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Give us your address Smurfy and we'll come round and take care of your house for you!!!! :angel: :thumbup: :lol:

Have a good time and don't worry about a thing. :wave:

Return to “David's Trip to India”