Agra - Day 2

This is a link from my blog about my trip to India in 2014

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Agra - Day 2

Post by david63 »

Our first excursion today was to see the sunrise on the Taj Mahal but, once again, Indian logic took over. The Taj Mahal opens at 06:30 irrespective of the time of the sunrise which today happened to be at 06:26 – so it was impossible to see the sunrise at the Taj Mahal. We did however go in the early morning (we were there by 07:00) and it does look different in the softer early morning light. No matter when, or how often, you see the Taj Mahal you are still in awe of its majesty.

That done it was back to the hotel for breakfast after which we were taken to see a “craft” factory where they still retain the skills used in creating the inlaid marble of the Taj Mahal. Apparently Agra is the only place in the world where this can still be done. Some of the workmanship was truly amazing and I still think that we were conned into spending a small fortune on some artefacts.

The rest of the day has been just relaxing around the pool – something that we have been looking forward to since we have been so busy since our arrival in India.

Tonight we are having our dinner on the balcony of our room – it is not every day that you can have your dinner looking out at the Taj Mahal.

gfwgfw
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Agra - Day 2

Post by gfwgfw »

Hello David and good evening from a slightly damp dismal Poole Bay

Been busily digging around our huge albums of nostalgia "pics"

. . . and yes have found a "pic" of many years since, the late much beloved together with The Giant shared your magnificent scenario - fantesticle

Luboo lots :wave:

Graham x
Gentle Giant of Cerne Abbas :wave:

Return to “David's Trip to India”