Mumbai - Day 1

This is a link from my blog about my trip to India in 2014

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mumbai - Day 1

Post by david63 »

Today was something of a bit of a waste of time as our flight from Udaipur had been changed. Originally we were due to fly around 17:00 but a few days ago it was changed to 14:20 – however today there was an hour’s delay so we did not fly until 15:20. This meant leaving the hotel at noon so after doing some “creative” packing (we are way over the 15kg limit for the internal flights) we were just “hanging around” waiting for the car, and then waiting around at the airport.

I don’t know what the problem was at the airport but the security checks were the most stringent that we have encountered whilst being in India. Anyway all’s well that ends well and we were soon on our way to Mumbai.

First impressions of Mumbai are that it is totally different to anywhere else that we have been to in India. It is far more cosmopolitan and much more akin to any other major city – it gives the impression that it things that it should be the capital (which as we all know is actually Delhi).

Now for the “posh” bit – we are firmly ensconced in our room at the Taj Mahal Place Hotel (of BBC TV fame) overlooking The Gateway to India. This hotel is a completely different world than anything we have encountered before whilst in India. Will report later on our views of the hotel.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Mumbai - Day 1

Post by Dancing Queen »

OMG .. how posh is that :thumbup:
Jo

Return to “David's Trip to India”