Fred OLsen

Anything about Fred Olsen cruises
User avatar

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1164
Joined: April 2013
Location: Ellan Vannin

Fred OLsen

Post by emjay45 » 03 Feb 2014, 17:44

I am looking at Fred Olsen with renewed interest. Checking their website they have a Med cruise in October for 28 days ( we like the longer cruises), the itinerary looks interesting (to us anyhow as we’ve only had one Med cruise). Best of all it’s a round trip from LIVERPOOL!!!!
Ah! the thought of getting back from a cruise and driving a short distance to the Steam Packet terminal and home before tea-time without another hotel stop would be bliss.
We love sea days so extra time getting to the Med and back from Liverpool is a bonus for us. As far as the wheels on our car being safe, there is CPS parking.
If I hadn’t got 2 cruises booked with P&O, I’d be booking this cruise for sure.

User avatar

Mervyn and Trish
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 9051
Joined: February 2013

Re: Fred OLsen

Post by Mervyn and Trish » 03 Feb 2014, 18:24

Never been attracted by Fred, and that opinion didn't change after watching the tv series set on Balmoral and seeing the standard of the entertainment etc. But certainly if they offer what you fancy, then on a 28 day trip the extra sailing time to get to and from Liverpool is neither here nor there.

User avatar

frintonite
Second Officer
Second Officer
Posts: 296
Joined: January 2013
Location: NE Essex

Re: Fred OLsen

Post by frintonite » 03 Feb 2014, 18:37

We did a 3 day cruise with them last year and are booked for 12 nights in May, leaving from Harwich which is only 20 mins from home, hence why we booked
AKA Ray & Sue

User avatar

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1164
Joined: April 2013
Location: Ellan Vannin

Re: Fred OLsen

Post by emjay45 » 04 Feb 2014, 10:40

frintonite wrote:We did a 3 day cruise with them last year and are booked for 12 nights in May, leaving from Harwich which is only 20 mins from home, hence why we booked
So your 3 day cruise impressed you enough to book another that's encouraging thank you.


M&T The entertainment is a low priority for me when booking. I rarely go to the theatre. The itinerary is more important and as I've said it would be so much more convenient to sail from Liverpool. I only hope I get the opportunity.

User avatar

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1959
Joined: January 2013
Location: 'Uddersfield - God's Own County

Re: Fred OLsen

Post by Romig1 » 04 Feb 2014, 10:42

Emjay.

Fred Olsen is full of oldies...


...you'll fit in a treat! :lol: :P

User avatar

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1508
Joined: January 2013

Re: Fred OLsen

Post by Kenmo1 » 04 Feb 2014, 11:04

Good grief, Rob, you're on dangerous ground. That crash helmut in your picture might come in useful when Emjay sees your reply !

Maureen

User avatar

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 3702
Joined: January 2013
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Fred OLsen

Post by Dancing Queen » 04 Feb 2014, 12:08

Have never sailed with Fred but know several people that have and they can't speak too highly of them, they certainly appear to have a loyal following.

Maybe there will be a similar cruise in 2015 Emjay, the itineraries should be available in a few weeks.
Jo

User avatar

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1164
Joined: April 2013
Location: Ellan Vannin

Re: Fred OLsen

Post by emjay45 » 04 Feb 2014, 21:33

Romig1 wrote:Emjay.

Fred Olsen is full of oldies...


...you'll fit in a treat! :lol: :P
Romig :evil:
Kenmo1 wrote:Good grief, Rob, you're on dangerous ground. That crash helmut in your picture might come in useful when Emjay sees your reply !

Maureen
Don't worry Maureen if I catch up with that CHEEKY (I've seen the photo) young whippersnapper he'll be sorry. ;)

User avatar

oldbluefox
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6368
Joined: January 2013
Location: Cumbria

Re: Fred OLsen

Post by oldbluefox » 04 Feb 2014, 22:59

emjay45 wrote:
Don't worry Maureen if I catch up with that CHEEKY (I've seen the photo) young whippersnapper he'll be sorry. ;)
You should've gone to Specsavers!!! :angel:

User avatar

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1164
Joined: April 2013
Location: Ellan Vannin

Re: Fred OLsen

Post by emjay45 » 05 Feb 2014, 12:05

oldbluefox wrote:
emjay45 wrote:
Don't worry Maureen if I catch up with that CHEEKY (I've seen the photo) young whippersnapper he'll be sorry. ;)
You should've gone to Specsavers!!! :angel:
:lol: What you have to 'BARE' in mind OBF is that I've only seen the REAR view :shock: ;)

User avatar

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1959
Joined: January 2013
Location: 'Uddersfield - God's Own County

Re: Fred OLsen

Post by Romig1 » 05 Feb 2014, 12:29

emjay45 wrote:
oldbluefox wrote:
emjay45 wrote:
Don't worry Maureen if I catch up with that CHEEKY (I've seen the photo) young whippersnapper he'll be sorry. ;)
You should've gone to Specsavers!!! :angel:
What you have to 'BARE' in mind OBF is that I've only seen the REAR view :shock: ;)
That reminds me emjay...you never did send the £50 that you promised for seeing the pics! :lol:

User avatar

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1164
Joined: April 2013
Location: Ellan Vannin

Re: Fred OLsen

Post by emjay45 » 05 Feb 2014, 12:34

I decided to keep it as compensation for the trauma it caused me. :lol:

User avatar

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1959
Joined: January 2013
Location: 'Uddersfield - God's Own County

Re: Fred OLsen

Post by Romig1 » 05 Feb 2014, 12:34

emjay45 wrote:I decided to keep it as compensation for the trauma it caused me. :lol:
Touche! :clap:

User avatar

oldbluefox
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6368
Joined: January 2013
Location: Cumbria

Re: Fred OLsen

Post by oldbluefox » 05 Feb 2014, 16:30

emjay45 wrote:
:lol: What you have to 'BARE' in mind OBF is that I've only seen the REAR view :shock: ;)
You've seen the best one then. :lol:

User avatar

kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer
Posts: 608
Joined: January 2013
Location: Ellan Vannin

Re: Fred OLsen

Post by kaymar » 05 Feb 2014, 17:38

oldbluefox wrote:
emjay45 wrote:
:lol: What you have to 'BARE' in mind OBF is that I've only seen the REAR view :shock: ;)
You've seen the best one then. :lol:

Ah, so!

User avatar

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1164
Joined: April 2013
Location: Ellan Vannin

Re: Fred OLsen

Post by emjay45 » 06 Feb 2014, 17:09

kaymar wrote:
oldbluefox wrote:
emjay45 wrote:
:lol: What you have to 'BARE' in mind OBF is that I've only seen the REAR view :shock: ;)
You've seen the best one then. :lol:

Ah, so!
So you saw it too Kaymar. :lol:

User avatar

cruiseclues
Able Seaman
Able Seaman
Posts: 18
Joined: March 2014

Re: Fred OLsen

Post by cruiseclues » 23 Mar 2014, 23:41

Romig1 wrote:Emjay.

Fred Olsen is full of oldies...


...you'll fit in a treat! :lol: :P

Don't forget it's oldies...but goodies :) :) :)
Happy Cruising, Buil
http://Cruiseclues.com

Return to “Fred Olsen”