QM2 Planetarium

Anything about Cunard cruises

Topic author
melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

QM2 Planetarium

Post by melsea »

We will be sailing on QM2 for the first time in December on the Transatlantic routes.

I have heard there is a ticketing system for the Planetarium, how does this work?

Thanks in advance..
Melsea

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: QM2 Planetarium

Post by GillD46 »

You get up early and queue for them in Connexions, or if you're in the Grills, the Concierge will get them for you. There are four different shows, if I remember correctly, and a different one is shown each day, several times a day. Try and sit in a red seat - they recline, if not broken.
Gill

Topic author
melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Thank Gill
I knew you would know, how early is early!
If only I could afford Grills!!! Don't suppose they upgrade from inside to Grills?

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Well, from memory, they open the counter about 9am, but we found a queue from about 8.30. When I went away with two friends, they went to breakfast and I queued, because I was always up and breakfasted before them.

If you're flexible about the showing you will go to, you should get in ok. Be prepared to fall asleep during the show though - not because it's boring, but being semi reclined in a very dark room, seems to make lots nod off - judging by the snoring!

Enjoy, she is a wonderful ship - my personal favourite - and the Planetarium a good show. They also use it as a cinema in the evenings, but take a wrap or even blanket as the a/c can be glacial.
Gill

Return to “Cunard”