Drinks Package

Anything about Celebrity cruises

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Drinks Package

Post by ChrisB » 03 Aug 2013, 08:24

We are booked on the Celebrity Eclipse and have been given their Classic drinks package. Can anyone out there in cyber space tell me what wines there are in the Classic package? Would it be worth us upgrading the package?

Thanks for any help.
Regards
Chris

Kendhni
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Drinks Package

Post by Kendhni » 03 Aug 2013, 08:32

Hi Chris, try here or here

They seem to have more than one package referred to as 'Classics'.

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB » 03 Aug 2013, 09:31

Hi Ken, the links is not working just takes me to a blank Celibrity page.
Regards
Chris

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB » 03 Aug 2013, 09:35

Oops! Sorry about spelling, should be Celebrity....... doh!
Regards
Chris

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 » 03 Aug 2013, 10:00

ChrisB wrote:Hi Ken, the links is not working just takes me to a blank Celibrity page.
The links work OK for me - although I will admit that they do seem to be a bit slow to fully load

Kendhni
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Kendhni » 03 Aug 2013, 10:59

I think they must have a site problem, the links were loading fine for me earlier but not particularly well at the minute. Try this link
http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAnd ... e_packages

and in particular click on the 'Premium and classic' and 'Wine package' tabs.

If that still doesn't work, do a google search for 'celebrity classic drink package' and select some of the links it returns

Kendhni
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Kendhni » 03 Aug 2013, 11:06

Just in case ... if you have the 'classic wine package' (as opposed to any of the other classic packages then it says the following
Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with the following brands to offer you excellence and value:

Sparkling Wine
Bouvet Signature, France

White Wines
Chardonnay, Penfolds, Koonunga Hill, Australia
Vouvray, Michel Picard,Loire, France
Sauvignon Blanc, Chateau Ste. Michelle, Horse Heaven Hills
Sauvignon Blanc, Murphy Goode, California
Chardonnay, Santa Ema, "Select Terroir", Chile
Riesling, S.A. Prum, "Essence", Germany
Pinot Grigio, Fantinel, Borgo Tesis, Italy

Rose Wines
Gaga Rose, by Kendall-Jackson, California
White Zinfandel, Beringer, California

Red Wines
Malbec, Luigi Bosca, "La Linda", Argentina
Cabernet Sauvignon, Beringer, Founder's Estates, California
Pinot Noir, Matua, New Zealand
Garnacha, Altovinum, "Evodia", Spain
Zinfandel, Renwood, Sierra Foothills, California
Tempranillo, Condesa de Laganza, Spain
Syrah , Chateau Ste. Michelle, Washington
Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Crest "H3" Horse Heaven, Washington
Merlot, Sebastiani, California
If it is the 'Classic Beverage Package' then that seems to be a more general drinks package which includes
Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with following brands to offer you, our guests, greater pleasure and value. Package selections include, but are not limited to the following brands:

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Aqualina, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Red Stripe, Samuel Adams, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Johnny Walker Red, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jameson, Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's Courvoisier VS, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Hennessy VS, Beefeaters, Tanqueray, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Three Olives, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Jose Cuervo, Disaronno Amaretto, Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico, Drambuie, Sambuca, Kahlua, Bolini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jean Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Rutherford Ranch, Marques de la Concordia.

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB » 03 Aug 2013, 11:35

Ken, Thank you so much for that information and for going to all that trouble for me. I will have a drink for you when we are on board.
Regards
Chris

Kendhni
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Kendhni » 03 Aug 2013, 11:51

Just let me know if I enjoyed it :)

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen » 03 Aug 2013, 12:11

We went for the Premium package as it gave a much better choice at the time ( this was two years ago though ) whichever you decide on it is excellent value especially if you have a lot of sea days and of course you don't have to purchase in advance you can buy the package at any time once you are on board.
Jo

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB » 03 Aug 2013, 13:22

Thanks for the info Jo.

Ken, I will let you know if you enjoyed.
Regards
Chris

kruzgal
Cadet
Cadet

Post by kruzgal » 04 Aug 2013, 10:44

You can always upgrade part way through the cruise. It costs $11.50 per person per day. You could always try the classic package for the first few days and then upgrade if you are finding it limited and just pay the upgrade for the remaining days. The premium package will give you a wider range of wine to choose from, but the biggest difference seems to be in the cocktails - with the premium package you can have any cocktail from the molecular & martini bar (these are excluded from the classic package.)

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB » 04 Aug 2013, 12:03

Kruzgal, Thank you for that information. This will be our first cruise with Celebrity so all these things will be new to us. We have done 25 cruises with P & O but after our last one, which was in june, we both felt it was time for a change.
Regards
Chris

kruzgal
Cadet
Cadet

Post by kruzgal » 04 Aug 2013, 13:21

As they say, a change is as good as a rest! I am sure you will have a good time - we have cruised many times with Celebrity so any other questions, just ask away! Which itinerary are you doing?

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB » 04 Aug 2013, 14:59

Kruzgal, We are doing the Canaries. Have done them many times before but this time we are also going to the Azores and Fuerterventura, we have never been to these places. For us it's a lot about the cruise and the ship. So a new ship to us is quite exciting. We have an Aqua cabin. From what I have read, all the cabins seem to be the same size. We thought this being the first time on Celebrity we would try this out.
Regards
Chris

kruzgal
Cadet
Cadet

Post by kruzgal » 04 Aug 2013, 17:24

That sounds like the perfect combination to me - Aqua class and a drinks package! We have never tried Aqua, but will definitely be doing so once our teens are no longer cruising with us (for some reason they don't fancy it). Blu is a lovely small scale dining room (similar to a speciality restaurant) and therefore much quieter than the main dining room. It is open for breakfast and dinner to Aqua cabins only. The cabins are all similar, although, as with any other ship, there are always some considered to be in a better location than others. I use the 'Sticky' on the Celebrity page of the cruisecritic website forum when choosing a cabin - it is basically a list created by people who have sailed on a Celebrity Solstice class ship and post their cabin number & comments.

From what I have been reading the sommeliers are very good in Blu and will bring you wines by the glass to complement the food you have ordered. One thing I always tell people new to Celebrity is always ask if there is something you would like that you feel is missing. I see lots of comments such as "you don't get much veg with your meal" which can be true, but if you ask for an extra dish they will bring it. After a couple of nights, once they get to know what you like, they will anticipate this and bring it automatically.

Have a great cruise - and let us know how you get on! Any other questions, ask away (even if it is a bit 'off topic'!)

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB » 05 Aug 2013, 10:30

Kruzgal, Thank you for all that information. We are really looking forward to dining in Blu the menu looks like our kind of food.

I will let you know what the experience has been like for us. As you say when your "teenagers" no longer cruise with you an Aqua cabin would be a nice treat.We no longer have teenaged children, we have teenaged grandchildren, which we have taken on a couple of cruises with us.
Regards
Chris

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer » 08 Aug 2013, 11:01

We also on board september 2014 to canaries we decided to go concierge and also have the drinks package we have always been with P&O but felt a change was necessary
I felt that the cost of the cruise including drinks and tips was very competitive o really looking forward to cruising with celebrity.
I am trying to convince myself that i would like to have an earlier cruise looking at next may to the Fjords again with celebrity i am thinking it could be a taster cruise :lol:
Dave

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB » 08 Aug 2013, 11:13

Havabeer, We are looking at the earlier cruise too. We just keep following each other about. We must meet up sometime.
Regards
Chris

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer » 08 Aug 2013, 11:42

We seem destined to meet up, we are going to wait till after the new year and see if the prices drop I have set a budget for it and will book once it gets there.
Well that's the plan probably book it next week knowing me :lol:
Dave

bstonehouse
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by bstonehouse » 09 Aug 2013, 19:14

I have to say that we found the wines in the Classic Package not too good, but they were OK with the Premium Drinks Package, for everything else we could have managed with the Classic but the choice for everything is better in the Premium Package, notably Liquers. The other point often overlooked is that if you ask for a drink that is over the Classic drink price limit you have to pay the whole price of the drink, but on the Premium Package you only pay the amount over the limit. We were not sailing from the UK so our limits were $8 and £12, so on the Classic a $9 drink cost $9 but on the Premium a $13 drink cost $1. Also by the time you take into account all the Water, soft drinks and premium coffee we found the Premium package to be good value for us.
Brian

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer » 09 Aug 2013, 19:23

bstonehouse wrote:I have to say that we found the wines in the Classic Package not too good, but they were OK with the Premium Drinks Package, for everything else we could have managed with the Classic but the choice for everything is better in the Premium Package, notably Liquers. The other point often overlooked is that if you ask for a drink that is over the Classic drink price limit you have to pay the whole price of the drink, but on the Premium Package you only pay the amount over the limit. We were not sailing from the UK so our limits were $8 and £12, so on the Classic a $9 drink cost $9 but on the Premium a $13 drink cost $1. Also by the time you take into account all the Water, soft drinks and premium coffee we found the Premium package to be good value for us.
We booked for next year direct with celebrity I have the classic drinks package I was told that should we want a more expensive drink then we just pay the difference
Dave

bstonehouse
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by bstonehouse » 09 Aug 2013, 20:24

haveabeer wrote:
bstonehouse wrote:I have to say that we found the wines in the Classic Package not too good, but they were OK with the Premium Drinks Package, for everything else we could have managed with the Classic but the choice for everything is better in the Premium Package, notably Liquers. The other point often overlooked is that if you ask for a drink that is over the Classic drink price limit you have to pay the whole price of the drink, but on the Premium Package you only pay the amount over the limit. We were not sailing from the UK so our limits were $8 and £12, so on the Classic a $9 drink cost $9 but on the Premium a $13 drink cost $1. Also by the time you take into account all the Water, soft drinks and premium coffee we found the Premium package to be good value for us.
We booked for next year direct with celebrity I have the classic drinks package I was told that should we want a more expensive drink then we just pay the difference
That was not the case in November on Solstice (not ex-UK), although that may have changed or may be different from the UK. You would need to clarify with Celebrity.
Brian

kruzgal
Cadet
Cadet

Post by kruzgal » 09 Aug 2013, 21:27

haveabeer wrote:
If you want a more expensive drinks package then you just pay the difference (currently $11.50 per person per day to upgrade from Classic Alcohol to Premium Alcohol). It is true that on the Classic Package you pay for the whole drink if it is more expensive, on the premium package you just pay the extra amount.

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer » 01 Oct 2013, 20:15

i have a question we holiday with another couple and and we usually buy drinks as required if we buy drinks then we always buy for our friends
they do the same
Like Pre dinner drinks whoever is ready first then they go to the bar and order drinks for everyone my question is can you still purchase four drinks and put them on your package or does esch person have to get there own drinks and each sign for it
Dave

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob » 01 Oct 2013, 20:23

haveabeer wrote:i have a question we holiday with another couple and and we usually buy drinks as required if we buy drinks then we always buy for our friends
they do the same
Like Pre dinner drinks whoever is ready first then they go to the bar and order drinks for everyone my question is can you still purchase four drinks and put them on your package or does esch person have to get there own drinks and each sign for it
You can buy as many as you like. My brother in law once bought everybody in the bar a drink on his birthday.

MaureenB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by MaureenB » 02 Oct 2013, 13:21

Quizzical Bob wrote:
haveabeer wrote:i have a question we holiday with another couple and and we usually buy drinks as required if we buy drinks then we always buy for our friends
they do the same
You can buy as many as you like. My brother in law once bought everybody in the bar a drink on his birthday.

So sorry to argue, but having just completed a cruise on 22 September on Eclipse, I can confirm that you CANNOT buy more than one drink at a time from your drinks package, be it Classic or Premium. I could not even buy a bottle of water to take away plus a can of coke to drink!! My cruising chum had a non alcoholic package and I had the Premium boozy package and we had to proffer BOTH cards to get a drink each in any of the bars!! It was true that you only had to wait a few more minutes to order another drink, but bulk ordering was a no no!!

Maureen

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob » 02 Oct 2013, 18:54

MaureenB wrote:
Quizzical Bob wrote:
they do the same

So sorry to argue, but having just completed a cruise on 22 September on Eclipse, I can confirm that you CANNOT buy more than one drink at a time from your drinks package, be it Classic or Premium. I could not even buy a bottle of water to take away plus a can of coke to drink!! My cruising chum had a non alcoholic package and I had the Premium boozy package and we had to proffer BOTH cards to get a drink each in any of the bars!! It was true that you only had to wait a few more minutes to order another drink, but bulk ordering was a no no!!

Maureen
Sorry, I was talking about P&O but even then I missed the word 'package'.

Please don't feel sorry about correcting me, especially when I'm wrong. I wouldn't call it 'arguing'.

MaureenB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by MaureenB » 03 Oct 2013, 13:20

Quizzical Bob wrote:
MaureenB wrote:
Quizzical Bob wrote:
they do the same

Maureen
Sorry, I was talking about P&O but even then I missed the word 'package'.

Please don't feel sorry about correcting me, especially when I'm wrong. I wouldn't call it 'arguing'.

Oh Wow........................a man who admits he's wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :lol: ..................Will you marry me? :wave:

With a grin and a giggle

Maureen

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob » 03 Oct 2013, 19:32

Don't get excited Maureen, it won't happen again :)

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB » 13 Jul 2014, 13:00

We have just cancelled our September cruise on the Eclipse. We are both very sad to have had to do this but Brian was taken ill in May with kidney failure. We then had to cancel our May cruise on Emerald Princess. We were hoping that he would be well enough to make the cruise on Eclipse but unfortunately he is not well enough. He has been through the mill this past two months. I just need to see the turning point, I am sure it will come along soon. So Haveabeer, and everyone else on this cruise, have a great time. Spare a little thought for us.
Regards
Chris

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen » 13 Jul 2014, 21:34

Oh how disappointing for you Chris, I'm sure the turning point isn't far away .. just hang in there :D

Best wishes to you both and I hope you are back cruising soon.
Jo

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB » 13 Jul 2014, 21:52

Thanks Jo. I am sure the turning point is just around the corner. It's just so terrible seeing the person you love so ill.
Regards
Chris

Holiday Planner
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Holiday Planner » 16 Jul 2014, 00:24

Oh Chris, so sorry to hear that Brian is not any better. What a shame that you've had to cancel another cruise. Love to both of you, & prayers for good health xx
Angela

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB » 16 Jul 2014, 21:09

Angela. Brian has really been through the wars. He has lost so much weight. He does not want to eat and sleeps most of the time. He has been in hospital 4 times since May and we are back to Brighton renal unit tomorrow. He has never been ill, always fit and healthy. This kidney failure just hit him back in May. So enjoy life each day as you just don't know what's around the corner. Thanks for your concern and good wishes, Our love to you and the family. xx
Regards
Chris

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie » 16 Jul 2014, 21:54

I do hope that things improve and that you can book another cruise in the future, Chris.

I am not one for opening my personal circumstances to all but I do know what a serious diagnosis means, even though the diagnosis that we had is not the same, it has an impact on every part of your life, your hopes and plans for the future, everything.

Over 16 years ago a consultation of just 5 minutes changed our lives and our outlook on the future for ever, irrevocably, but, we grabbed that future by the B**** and made as much of it as we possibly could. TG we had already done as much travelling as possible and the big one. That can never be taken away from us. I took very early retirement and we went for all that we could, big time.

Yes, we had to cancel a cruise 3 years ago when OH was hospitalised yet again, we have had to curtail where we go, mainly due to the amount of medication needed to take with us and the possibility of being off loaded if there was an emergency, BUT we still cruise, when we can, and when circumstance allow.

Don't be too despondent; you have your priorities right, your husband first and foremost, cruises will hopefully come later, when things are more stable.

Take care.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 » 17 Jul 2014, 06:50

Some of these posts show what is REALLY important in life. A cruise, indeed any holiday, is lovely, sometimes wonderful, but pales into insignificance compared with good health.

I am fortunate enough to have pretty good health, as is my husband, other family members have serious health issues that will never improve. I wish those of you with serious health problems that severely impact on life, the very best and hope that you are able to enjoy as much as you can, when you can.
Gill

Singletraveler1
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Singletraveler1 » 24 Aug 2014, 22:46

Hi Chris, just been on Eclipse and would definitely recommend upgrading to the Premium package - definitely saved money and no signing for drinks (P&O take note).

oldbluefox
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by oldbluefox » 25 Aug 2014, 08:37

GillD46 wrote:Some of these posts show what is REALLY important in life. A cruise, indeed any holiday, is lovely, sometimes wonderful, but pales into insignificance compared with good health.

I am fortunate enough to have pretty good health, as is my husband, other family members have serious health issues that will never improve. I wish those of you with serious health problems that severely impact on life, the very best and hope that you are able to enjoy as much as you can, when you can.
Never a truer word was spoken. My sympathies with all those who have to contend with illnesses. I am fortunate in being pretty healthy but I realise that may not always be the case. In the meantime I make the most of every day and refuse to allow trivia to get in the way. Best wishes to all those who are not as fortunate as I am.

Back on topic, not being much of a drinker included drinks packages would not interest me but I can see those who enjoy a drink or two, or three, would find drinks packages attractive.

Return to “Celebrity”