Disembarkation time

Anything about Celebrity cruises

Topic author
GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Disembarkation time

Post by GillD46 »

Can anyone that has cruised Eclipse from/to Southampton tell me what is a reasonable time for leaving the ship back in Southampton.

We have booked a short taster in May, followed immediately by Queen Victoria. I know Celebrity get passengers off the ship early, and obviously we won't be able to check-in for QV until mid morning, so we'll go to West Quay. But they don't open until 9am. Can we eek it out until then?
Gill

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Disembarkation time

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

When we were on they started disembarking at 7 and the last time was 9, so by the time you've collected your luggage and/or car you should be okay.

Topic author
GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Thanks Mervyn.
Gill

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Hi Gill,

It depends a bit (if you are not heading for an airport on a cruise line arranged flight home), on what level of accommodation you have on the ship. If you are in Suite Class, you can go into Michaels Club and wait there, and have the benefit of coffee etc whilst you wait.

If you leave the ship and want to delay leaving City Terminal for a short time, there's always the waiting lounge area, which has 'facilities'.

Are you on the 2 day to France? You'll only have to make it to Mayflower for QV! Have a great time.

Em

Topic author
GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Yes we are suite class, so can delay leaving for a little while then? As long as West Quay is open we can spend an hour or so there then turn up at the Mayflower at 11ish. Lovely.
Gill

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Hi Gill,

Last time we were on Eclipse we could have waited in Michaels until about 9.30 to 10.00 - so after breakfast we went back up to our suite, grabbed our jackets and hand luggage and went down to Michaels and there was coffee etc available.

We had a call about our transport and made our way through the baggage hall and spent a short time in the waiting lounge, which is quite comfy really.

Enjoy yourself - have a great time.

Em

Topic author
GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Em - Can I ask, I understand Luminae isn't open for lunch on port days, so where do you lunch after embarkation?
Gill

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

With the riff raff in the buffet?

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Buffet? On Calamity? I thought they were far too upmarket for that ?!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
With the riff raff in the buffet?
Dining with 'Goldies'......how common.

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

GillD46 wrote:
Em - Can I ask, I understand Luminae isn't open for lunch on port days, so where do you lunch after embarkation?
Hi Gill, from our experience, 'oh yes it is!' (sorry to sound a bit like a panto dame).

On embarkation day (I think you said you were in a suite), they will take you (early) up the gangway, past the table with drinky-poos, and 'park' you in Michaels Club. After a little while they will let you know that Luminae is open. Have your cruise card ready. When you are waiting in Michaels Club, there will be nibbles and refreshments of any sort.

We've also had lunch in Luminae on a port day in the middle of a cruise.

Have a look on the X website for a guide of what the Luminae menu is - you may well find it very brief and concise compared to a Grills menu! Same old routine though - if they don't have anything you fancy on the menu, just ask and they will do their best for you. You may well have a lovely waiter who always calls himself 'Captain Kirk' - he's really good.

After lunch you will be allowed to go up to your accommodation - until everything is ready for people to get into their accommodation, some of the water tight doors are shut. So, we've learned to get into Michaels, whet our whistles, amble down to Luminae - and the rest flows from there.

I truly hope you have a great time - we'll be passing each other like ships in the night, you'll be going through Southampton same day as us, but heading in different directions! Bon voyage!

Topic author
GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Interesting Em, and thank you. Celebrity in the UK - both by email and on the telephone - obviously don't have a clue what is going on, since they were the ones that informed me Luminae do not open on embarkation day nor on any port day!
Gill

Return to “Celebrity”