Celebrity cruises

Anything about Celebrity cruises

Topic author
noddy10
Second Officer
Second Officer

Celebrity cruises

Post by noddy10 »

Anyone cruised on Celebrity and especially Infinity and your thoughts about them and compared to P&O. Many thanks in advance.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Celebrity cruises

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

A lot of people seem to think very highly of Celebrity. We tried them once and were very disappointed. The only thing we thought they were better at than P&O was self praise - which was constant! We wouldn't use them again.

arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by arrbee »

A thread was started last week about Infinity in "Any other ship" so might be worth taking a look at that.
Rhona

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Have only been on Eclipse but fab, fab, fab :D :D

P&O could learn a thing or two from them IMO :thumbup:
Jo

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

The inlaws are big Celebrity fans ... we got them to try P&O and overall they thought P&O compared very well. They preferred the entertainment and food on P&O but thought the service and cabins were better on Celebrity

Esprit
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Esprit »

Sailed on Constellation and Solstice in the Med' and would highly recommend Celebrity

The Solstice class ships are beautiful.

If you're going on Constellation in the next three months then you'll have my daughter entertaining you (along with other members of the Activties team)

Denarius
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Denarius »

Having sailed last year with both P&O (Ventura) and Celebrity (Silhouette) IMO Celebrity comes out on top in all areas apart from drink prices(but their spirit measures are much larger) and theatre entertainment. In particular: The buffet was much better as was the informal bar entertainment. Instead of the usual P&O offering of insipid duos etc Celebrity offered a good pop/rock group, a jazz quartet and singer, accoustic and electric guitarists, an a cappelo vocal group and a classical piano trio.

Princess
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Princess »

Only been on Equinox and Eclipse from Southampton and we were very impressed. Really liked them.

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

I am another celebrity fan love them service a lot better food ,cabin but then again you pay for it,if i could afford it i would go celebrity all the time

ItsmeAnnC
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by ItsmeAnnC »

Not sure about the last comment about price. We have found them cheaper than P&O for comparative cabins and offer more in the way of incentives and loyalty club benefits. I guess it depends which cruise you are considering.

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

We compaired both and there was Celebrity came out on top as they included the tips and drinks package
Dave

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

ItsmeAnnC wrote:
Not sure about the last comment about price. We have found them cheaper than P&O for comparative cabins and offer more in the way of incentives and loyalty club benefits. I guess it depends which cruise you are considering.
I agree if you book during the brochure launch period, which we need to to secure an accessible cabin. However Celebrity prices do rise quite a bit afterwards unlike P&O which nose dive once they start with getaway deals. So I assume Greenfish is comparing these later prices.
But launch prices are generally quite a bit cheaper than P&O and with Celebrity's higher standards for us its a now a no brainer to book Celebrity.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Return to “Celebrity”