Holy condoms, how much is covid costing us?

Chat about anything here

Topic author
Kendhni
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Holy condoms, how much is covid costing us?

Post by Kendhni »

I was just looking for a number for another post and one of the links I came across shows the BoE has issued £300bn of QE to help get us through COVID ... :EEK:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15198789

I guess that new pair of trainers Julie just bought is looking pretty cheap now :(

Stephen
Captain
Captain

Re: Holy condoms, how much is covid costing us?

Post by Stephen »

Half if not more of the people going for testing probably don't need it. And if you think you have got Covid going by the symptoms just isolate yourself for two weeks. If it gets worse then phone 111 or whatever number your supposed to ring.

Too many people are abusing it in my view. And if they followed the guide lines to start with most of them wouldn't have contracted it.

And even if you go for a test just for the hell of it and it comes back clear, it doesnt give you any immunity. All it shows is at that point of time you are clear. Next day, next week or month you could still get it.

The people that really need regular checking are medical staff and carers, which is now being prioritised, and rightly so.
Last edited by Stephen on 16 Sep 2020, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.

Ray B
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Ray B »

Have to agree with that Stephen, stay safe old boy.
Don't worry, be happy

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Stephen wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 07:16 Half if not more of the people going for testing probably don't need it. And if you think you have got Covid going by the symptoms just isolate yourself for two weeks. If it gets worse then phone 111 or whatever number your supposed to ring.

Too many people are abusing it in my view. And if they followed the guide lines to start with most of them wouldn't have contracted it.

And even if you go for a test just for the hell of it and it comes back clear, it doesnt give you any immunity. All it shows is at that point of time you are clear. Next day, next week or month you could still get it.

The people that really need regular checking are medical staff and carers, which is now being prioritised, and rightly so.
Absolutely, agree with you on all points.
Can you attend an interview for the Health Secretary's job later today?
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 07:16 Half if not more of the people going for testing probably don't need it. And if you think you have got Covid going by the symptoms just isolate yourself for two weeks. If it gets worse then phone 111 or whatever number your supposed to ring.

I wouldn’t disagree with anything you say Stephen but with the proviso that those who self-isolate for two weeks should still let the authorities know as it would be difficult to trace where infection rates are spiking if they didn’t.

Stephen
Captain
Captain

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 10:52

I wouldn’t disagree with anything you say Stephen but with the proviso that those who self-isolate for two weeks should still let the authorities know as it would be difficult to trace where infection rates are spiking if they didn’t.

Agree, it's called a telephone.

Stephen
Captain
Captain

Post by Stephen »

towny44 wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 10:28

Absolutely, agree with you on all points.
Can you attend an interview for the Health Secretary's job later today?

Sorry, it's hair washing day today.

Return to “General Chat”