Brexit

Chat about anything here

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Brexit

Post by Jack Staff » 08 Jun 2018, 22:42

I know very well that you guys disagree/disbelieve pretty much everything I have previously written, but I would have thought that it might just of given you an inkling that the situation is actually a tad more complicated than you want to believe.
Testiculi ad Brexitum. XLVIII:C

oldbluefox
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by oldbluefox » 09 Jun 2018, 08:24

Jack Staff wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 22:42
I know very well that you guys disagree/disbelieve pretty much everything I have previously written, but I would have thought that it might just of given you an inkling that the situation is actually a tad more complicated than you want to believe.
I realise you might believe you are the fount of all Remainer knowledge and are firmly entrenched in your views but comments such as this are typical of the patronising attitude of the Remain camp which I find quite offensive. You can feel reassured that we do understand the situation is complicated. The easiest route would be to continue with the status quo and remain. However just because you have a different point of view does not mean it is the right one. Only time will tell who is right and who is wrong.
We have tried negotiating and it is clear the EU want UK to remain (and cannot afford to lose the benefits to them which our membership brings) and believe that by being obstructive and having the support of the Remain camp within the UK they can reverse the decision. It is high time we stopped trying to appease them and stand up for ourselves. They say we have taken nothing to the negotiating table but every initiative we have put forward is rebutted because 'the UK cannot cherry pick' and they have their 'rules'.
I hope you realise I have not corrected your typo....................... :thumbup: :wave:
Last edited by oldbluefox on 09 Jun 2018, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.

towny44
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by towny44 » 09 Jun 2018, 10:10

Jack Staff wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 22:42
Jack, The complications seem to stem from the unwillingness of Barnier and the EU to negotiate and compromise on anything, as when he states that it is impossible for the UK to have the benefits of the EU without wanting to fulfill all the responsibilities, his view of cherry picking. Do all other countries with a trade deal with the EU fully meet all EU responsibilities?
As regards trade we have in place a system which currently allows easy movement of goods between the UK and the EU, surely it is not beyond the wit of the various Govt IT depts to use this as the template and apply the further checks that would be needed to ensure that the correct tariffs and regulations apply when non EU goods are included in any manufactured goods being exported from the UK to the EU. I bet Amazon would have a system up and running in days.
Last edited by towny44 on 09 Jun 2018, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 09 Jun 2018, 10:58

I am actually shocked that in this stage of proceedings you guys are still clinging so tenaciously to the fantasy.

towny44
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by towny44 » 09 Jun 2018, 12:45

Jack Staff wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 10:58
I am actually shocked that in this stage of proceedings you guys are still clinging so tenaciously to the fantasy.
:yawn: :yawn: :thumbdown:
John

Manoverboard
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Manoverboard » 09 Jun 2018, 13:01

Poor old Jack …. knows about Politics but nought about negotiating tactics, or so it seems.

On one side we have a Government who is making out that disarray is the order of the day, one that refuses to publish the Master Plan, one that keeps the Press fed with mis-information and one that looks weak at the knees.

On the other side we have an arrogant bully boy set of bureau-brats who expect to get everything their own way … but at the eleventh hour they will discover that all is not what it seems.

Viva la Brixette par favore Mon Dieu :angel:

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 09 Jun 2018, 13:13

Manoverboard wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 13:01
Poor old Jack …. knows about Politics but nought about negotiating tactics, or so it seems.

On one side we have a Government who is making out that disarray is the order of the day, one that refuses to publish the Master Plan, one that keeps the Press fed with mis-information and one that looks weak at the knees.
There is no master plan, mis-information = lies, weak at the knees? I would 'of' thought the lack of backbone was more of a problem.
Manoverboard wrote:
On the other side we have an arrogant bully boy set of bureau-brats who expect to get everything their own way … but at the eleventh hour they will discover that all is not what it seems.
They expect to get everything that David Davis has previously agreed to.
Manoverboard wrote:
Viva la Brixette par favore Mon Dieu :angel:
Testiculi ad Brexitam

oldbluefox
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by oldbluefox » 09 Jun 2018, 13:16

Jack Staff wrote:
Don't worry about it Jack. That's entirely understandable when you've got your head stuck in the sand.

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 09 Jun 2018, 13:17

oldbluefox wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 13:16
Jack Staff wrote:
Don't worry about it Jack. That's entirely understandable when you've got your head stuck in the sand.
:lol:

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 09 Jun 2018, 13:37

As I think we have currently reached an impasse in this discussion, perhaps it would help if we had things explained for us....
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/lov ... s-12670617

oldbluefox
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by oldbluefox » 09 Jun 2018, 14:30

I believe Hayley was George Osborne's script writer................... :roll:
Oh dear, give me strength. And to think what the suffragettes went through to get women the vote.

barney
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by barney » 10 Jun 2018, 11:30

To be honest Foxy, this doesn't seem to be all that strange with many young people.

A friend of mine who owned a manufacturing company told me this true story of his employees when discussing it all pre Brexit

He has 14 employees - 3 over sixty - 4 between 40 & 60 - 7 between late teens and 30.

All three over sixty voted Brexit
Two of the 40-60 voted Brexit and two voted Remain
None of the under 30s voted at all, the youngest two didn't even realise that there was a vote going on and the other five said that they didn't give a toss either way, so didn't bother

He said that he was pretty surprised given that the youngsters would be most affected.
I recall Anna Soubrey saying immediately after the decision that her own daughter had not voted as she found her voting card on her bedside table.

Jack Staff and I are in total agreement that they whole thing has been handled very badly by this Government.
Our difference is that I believe that we should have played it all very much tougher than May has.
I read in the Observer that the EU seem to think that the £40 billion bribe money will still be due even if no agreement is reached. :o

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Mervyn and Trish » 10 Jun 2018, 12:04

The EU are clearly wrong and naive. The £40 billion was conditional on reaching a trade deal. No deal no cash.

Everything they do is aimed at slowing or scuppering the process. Individuals have clearly said they'd like us to change our minds. If they want that then alongside the deal to go they should offer a deal to stay - a lot better than the pathetic bodge they offered Dall Me Dave.

One obvious thing to me emerges from conversations with a Remainer friend. He believes the number of people who move here to claim benefits and scrounge is a tiny percentage of the total. Therefore the EU have nothing to lose if they amend the blanket freedom of movement to freedom of movement of labour. i.e., no-one moves unless they have a job already guaranteed. And no-one claims benefits of any kind until they've been here five years. And all benefits to be paid by the country of which the person is a citizen.

That would persuade a lot of remainers to change tack.

oldbluefox
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by oldbluefox » 10 Jun 2018, 12:33

So anybody from outside the EU landing on the shores of Italy, Greece, France or wherever and obtaining European citizenship is able to travel and live anywhere in the EU without question? What has that actually got to do with 'trade' apart from being one of 'the rules'? Genuine question.

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 10 Jun 2018, 12:39

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 12:04
The EU are clearly wrong and naive. The £40 billion was conditional on reaching a trade deal. No deal no cash.
The UK government might like to think that, but they are wrong.

The £40 billion is non negotiable. It is us settling our bar bill. Monies we have committed to paying in the past.
{True, we can argue about who had a starter and the like, but about 40 billion stands, whatever}

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 10 Jun 2018, 12:44

oldbluefox wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 12:33
So anybody from outside the EU landing on the shores of Italy, Greece, France or wherever and obtaining European citizenship is able to travel and live anywhere in the EU without question?
Yes, but to obtain European citizenship you first have to climb up four stories outside of a building to save a child.
Other methods are possible but are much more difficult.
oldbluefox wrote:
What has that actually got to do with 'trade' apart from being one of 'the rules'? Genuine question.
To create a 'free market' there has to be a free market of workers too.

Ray Scully
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Ray Scully » 10 Jun 2018, 12:59

Ray Scully wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 15:14
Brexiteers: Is the real "elephant in the room" concern over Germany's disproportional influence"
At a social event on Saturday and concern over the German grip on the EU was chatted about, not surprising given straight talking Lancastrians.

oldbluefox
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by oldbluefox » 10 Jun 2018, 13:05

Jack Staff wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 12:44
oldbluefox wrote:
What has that actually got to do with 'trade' apart from being one of 'the rules'? Genuine question.
To create a 'free market' there has to be a free market of workers too.
But we are trading goods and services, not human beings (workers). I am talking about a trading agreement. There is no logic between trading goods and services and giving free access to workers/citizens you do not need.
I once heard it said 'But you can go and freely work elsewhere in the EU'. True, but who on earth wants to go and work in some of those far eastern states unless they are off their tiny rockers? And before we had the EU you could get a work permit and work wherever in Europe you wanted, as long as you had work to go to.

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 10 Jun 2018, 13:16

oldbluefox wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 13:05
But we are trading goods and services, not human beings (workers). I am talking about a trading agreement. There is no logic between trading goods and services and giving free access to workers/citizens you do not need.
This is why disgraced former Defence Minister Dr. Liam Fox has failed so spectacularly.
Remember Australia and India trade deals? Why has that all gone quiet? Because they wanted free movement/no visa provisions as part of the deal.

oldbluefox
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by oldbluefox » 10 Jun 2018, 13:32

Jack Staff wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 13:16
Because they wanted free movement/no visa provisions as part of the deal.
From the articles I have read I don't think that is quite correct. The Australians and the Indians were looking for a more relaxed approach to visa requirements compared to what is currently in place eg the ability of Australian executives to work in UK as part of trade deals with their own companies, Indian chefs coming to work in UK who cannot satisfy the £30,000pa requirement.

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 10 Jun 2018, 13:37

oldbluefox wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 13:32
Jack Staff wrote:
Because they wanted free movement/no visa provisions as part of the deal.
From the articles I have read I don't think that is quite correct. The Australians and the Indians were looking for a more relaxed approach to visa requirements compared to what is currently in place eg the ability of Australian executives to work in UK as part of trade deals with their own companies, Indian chefs coming to work in UK who cannot satisfy the £30,000pa requirement.
You may well be right. I do not memorise the details of every failed trade deal.
But the concept is clear. Workers form part of trade deals.

barney
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by barney » 10 Jun 2018, 13:48

Jack Staff wrote:
oldbluefox wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 13:05
This is why disgraced former Defence Minister Dr. Liam Fox has failed so spectacularly.
Remember Australia and India trade deals? Why has that all gone quiet? Because they wanted free movement/no visa provisions as part of the deal.
Why would Australia and India want their brightest and best to leave their mother country to profit some small island on the edge of Europe?
I can just imagine the chat in the Aussie Parliament.
" I got a great idea Bruce. Why don't we spend a small fortune training doctors and then encourage them to work in the UK"

Just imagine in India
"let's spend loads of money training up the best IT technicians in the world. They will do great in the UK tech market. Elephant & Castle, here we come"

Dear, dear, dear Jack.
Take another pill and lie down.

The real elephant in the room and one that should be put to the anti democrat MPs is, why did you vote for the referendum and why did you vote to invoke article 50?
Chukka, Anna, Mad Ken ?
You all voted for these in Parliament.
Why did you vote for something that you were so dead set against?

I see that we are back to 'the Russians done it' again.
Gives Cambridge Anylitica a break I suppose.

Why can't the losers just admit that they fought a rubbish campaign?
The paradox is that during the Scottish referendum, the Government fought a campaign focussing on the positivity of staying in the union.
Last time it was purely Project Fear.

While we are off topic a bit, why are Scottish Nationalists acceptable but English Nationalists are swivel eyed loony racists?
What's the difference?

Ray Scully
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Ray Scully » 10 Jun 2018, 15:10

barney wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 13:48

why are Scottish Nationalists acceptable but English Nationalists are swivel eyed loony racists?
What's the difference?

Something I have been trying to figure out for ages :angel:

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 10 Jun 2018, 15:53

Ray Scully wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 15:10
barney wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 13:48
why are Scottish Nationalists acceptable but English Nationalists are swivel eyed loony racists?
What's the difference?
Something I have been trying to figure out for ages :angel:
Scottish Nationalists want to be free of rule from another country. (Before you say anything, Brussels is not a country).
English Nationalists want to carry on ruling the other Home nations = swivel eyed loony racists.

Scottish Nationalists are actually patriots, wanting what is best for their country.
English Nationalists just want to tell everyone their country is best. = swivel eyed loony racists.

Scottish Nationalists are inclusive, trying to build a better Scotland for everyone.
English Nationalists are ethnic, seeking to unite the indigenous population against the perceived threat of outsiders. = swivel eyed loony racists.

Scottish Nationalists give away baby boxes.
English Nationalists run uncontrollably around their capital city, fighting with Police, giving Nazi salutes, demanding someone is released from prison who pleaded guilty. = swivel eyed loony racists.

English Nationalists actions will lead to the break up of their (real) country (the UK), not very patriotic. = swivel eyed loony racists.

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Mervyn and Trish » 10 Jun 2018, 16:31

Jack Staff wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 12:39
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 12:04
The UK government might like to think that, but they are wrong.

The £40 billion is non negotiable. It is us settling our bar bill. Monies we have committed to paying in the past.
{True, we can argue about who had a starter and the like, but about 40 billion stands, whatever}
Maybe you should read Article 50 Jack. Basically all is agreed or nothing is agreed. Yes it is true part of the £40 billion is settling our bar bill. About half of it. The other half is for several rounds of drinks the other members will enjoy at our expense after we've left the party.

So if we crash out and don't pay how will they get the money? Send the boys round?

Stephen
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Stephen » 10 Jun 2018, 16:34

I'm on the door that night 😎👊🏻

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 10 Jun 2018, 16:39

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 16:31
Maybe you should read Article 50 Jack. Basically all is agreed or nothing is agreed. Yes it is true part of the £40 billion is settling our bar bill. About half of it. The other half is for several rounds of drinks the other members will enjoy at our expense after we've left the party.

So if we crash out and don't pay how will they get the money? Send the boys round?
So we just welch on the deal huh?

What country is going to do any deals with us then? Trade deals are built on trust and that takes a long time to build, all blown away for £40 billion. I don't think even this government is that stupid.

oldbluefox
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by oldbluefox » 10 Jun 2018, 18:41

Jack Staff wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 15:53
Scottish Nationalists want to be free of rule from another country. (Before you say anything, Brussels is not a country).
English Nationalists want to carry on ruling the other Home nations = swivel eyed loony racists.

Scottish Nationalists are actually patriots, wanting what is best for their country.
English Nationalists just want to tell everyone their country is best. = swivel eyed loony racists.

Scottish Nationalists are inclusive, trying to build a better Scotland for everyone.
English Nationalists are ethnic, seeking to unite the indigenous population against the perceived threat of outsiders. = swivel eyed loony racists.

English Nationalists run uncontrollably around their capital city, fighting with Police, giving Nazi salutes, demanding someone is released from prison who pleaded guilty. = swivel eyed loony racists.

English Nationalists actions will lead to the break up of their (real) country (the UK), not very patriotic. = swivel eyed loony racists.
Have you been out in the sun Jack? That's the biggest load of piffle I have seen. What a distorted view of England you have. Give me strength!!!

oldbluefox
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by oldbluefox » 10 Jun 2018, 18:43

Jack Staff wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 16:39
If there is no deal we are not welching on anything. No deal, no money.

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 10 Jun 2018, 18:54

oldbluefox wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 18:43
Jack Staff wrote:
Sadly the rest of the world will not see it that way.

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 10 Jun 2018, 19:01

oldbluefox wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 18:41
Jack Staff wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 15:53

Have you been out in the sun Jack? That's the biggest load of piffle I have seen. What a distorted view of England you have. Give me strength!!!
While I admit I might have been a little 'frank', over zealous even, my hatred of English nationalists knows no bounds.
They are the very worst of this country.
They are Oswald Mosley's legacy to us all.

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 10 Jun 2018, 19:21

oldbluefox wrote:
What a distorted view of England you have. Give me strength!!!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44427518

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Mervyn and Trish » 10 Jun 2018, 20:43

Jack Staff wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 19:21
oldbluefox wrote:
"Hundreds" were demonstrating. A tiny minority. Millions of others were not. Your posting of this link fully supports Foxy's comment..

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 10 Jun 2018, 20:56

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 20:43
Jack Staff wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 19:21
oldbluefox wrote:
"Hundreds" were demonstrating. A tiny minority. Millions of others were not. Your posting of this link fully supports Foxy's comment..
My post fully supports the difference between Scottish and English nationalists, which was the point.
Last edited by Jack Staff on 10 Jun 2018, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.

oldbluefox
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by oldbluefox » 10 Jun 2018, 21:19

You clutch at any straw blowing in the wind Jack. To say the English Defence League is representative of English nationalists in general is so ludicrous it does you no credit to justify anything in your earlier post.
I take it you have not heard of Scottish Dawn.

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 10 Jun 2018, 22:14

oldbluefox wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 21:19
You clutch at any straw blowing in the wind Jack. To say the English Defence League is representative of English nationalists in general is so ludicrous it does you no credit to justify anything in your earlier post.
Thank you, you are correct. Luckily I had not heard of them. Good to know the English do not have a monopoly on brain dead knuckle draggers.

But before you start extolling the virtues of English nationalists, perhaps consider....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

towny44
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by towny44 » 10 Jun 2018, 22:35

oldbluefox wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 18:43
Jack Staff wrote:
Welching on deals is OK for remainers but not for bent over backwards UK negotiators against intransigent EU bureaucrats. Nice one Jack.
John

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 10 Jun 2018, 22:48

towny44 wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 22:35
Welching on deals is OK for remainers but not for bent over backwards UK negotiators against intransigent EU bureaucrats. Nice one Jack.
Until 23rd June 2016 I lived in a democratic country.

The UK negotiators will adopt any position they want, usually sitting down for lunch if Davis is anything to go by.

oldbluefox
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by oldbluefox » 10 Jun 2018, 22:51

Jack Staff wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 22:14
oldbluefox wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 21:19
Thank you, you are correct. Luckily I had not heard of them. Good to know the English do not have a monopoly on brain dead knuckle draggers.

But before you start extolling the virtues of English nationalists, perhaps consider....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU
:lol: :thumbup:

towny44
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by towny44 » 11 Jun 2018, 08:49

Jack Staff wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 22:48
towny44 wrote:
Jack, even you must see the idiocy in that statement, if not there really is no hope for you.
The UK negotiators will adopt any position they want, usually sitting down for lunch if Davis is anything to go by.
Surely Davis is only there to rubber stamp any agreements the civil servants have managed to squeeze out of their EU counterparts, no wonder he has to sit around twiddling his thumbs so often.
John

screwy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by screwy » 11 Jun 2018, 10:08

Jack Staff wrote:
towny44 wrote:

On the 23rd June 2016 the people voted to Leave, is that not Democracy.??
Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt

barney
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by barney » 11 Jun 2018, 10:26

screwy wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 10:08
Jack Staff wrote:
towny44 wrote:

On the 23rd June 2016 the people voted to Leave, is that not Democracy.??
Not if you are part of the new Anti Democratic Movement Screwy !

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 11 Jun 2018, 12:29

barney wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 10:26
Democracy is continuous. If it ends on a specific date it ceases to be democratic.

... and we prefer the term the 'Bresistance'!

Stephen
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Stephen » 11 Jun 2018, 14:45

We can always rely on our leaders to do the right thing :sarcasm:

35061189_10157643358608986_7450854203620065280_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ray Scully
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Ray Scully » 11 Jun 2018, 15:08

Stephen wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 14:45
We can always rely on our leaders to do the right thing :sarcasm:

35061189_10157643358608986_7450854203620065280_n.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

screwy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by screwy » 11 Jun 2018, 16:24

Jack Staff wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 12:29
barney wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 10:26
Democracy is continuous. If it ends on a specific date it ceases to be democratic.

... and we prefer the term the 'Bresistance'!
Yeah,Right whatever..
Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Mervyn and Trish » 11 Jun 2018, 17:55

Jack Staff wrote:
Democracy means we have a vote and the majority under the rules set at the start of the process wins. Seemples.

Not that the majority wins but they were wrong because they're all brain dead muppets who misunderstood the question.

And must therefore bow down before the minority of intellectual heavyweights who, despite their immense IQs, and being told repeatedly so by the campaigners on both sides, missed the simple fact that leaving the EU means leaving all its institutions, including the single market and the customs union.

Not staying in one or both but not having a say in how they are run.

Sorry I do not intend to insult most of the people who voted to Remain. Just the small minorty of them (so a small minority of a minority) who persist in insulting those of us who voted the other way and trying to undermine the result.

Democracy means we were all entitled to a vote and to freely hold the opinions we do. It means there will always be winners and losers.

Or at the next General Election will be all be told the winners are actually the losers because the politicians lied to them so the result is invalid? Unlike the politicians on the losing side who are invariably honest.

Come on Jack. I have the impression you are not a teenager. Were you never on the losing side in any democratic vote before?
Last edited by Mervyn and Trish on 11 Jun 2018, 17:58, edited 5 times in total.

Jack Staff
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Jack Staff » 11 Jun 2018, 18:27

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 17:55
Jack Staff wrote:
Democracy means we have a vote and the majority under the rules set at the start of the process wins. Seemples.

Not that the majority wins but they were wrong because they're all brain dead muppets who misunderstood the question.

And must therefore bow down before the minority of intellectual heavyweights who, despite their immense IQs, and being told repeatedly so by the campaigners on both sides, missed the simple fact that leaving the EU means leaving all its institutions, including the single market and the customs union.

Not staying in one or both but not having a say in how they are run.

Sorry I do not intend to insult most of the people who voted to Remain. Just the small minorty of them (so a small minority of a minority) who persist in insulting those of us who voted the other way and trying to undermine the result.

Democracy means we were all entitled to a vote and to freely hold the opinions we do. It means there will always be winners and losers.

Or at the next General Election will be all be told the winners are actually the losers because the politicians lied to them so the result is invalid? Unlike the politicians on the losing side who are invariably honest.

Come on Jack. I have the impression you are not a teenager. Were you never on the losing side in any democratic vote before?
It is now the Brexiters job to take the rest of the population with them to the sunlit uplands.
To deliver on the promises.
To convince the people that they will be better off, that they were not in fact lied to.
It is not my fault that you have failed to convince me.
It is not the EU's fault that they are doing what they said they would right from the start.
You won, get on with it and stop blaming everyone else for the failure.

towny44
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by towny44 » 11 Jun 2018, 18:56

Hang on a minute Jack we are not in any way considering our decision was a failure, and hopefully we will never be put in a situation to even contemplate anything other than success and the total freedom from the EU.
John

Manoverboard
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Manoverboard » 12 Jun 2018, 08:24

We will be leaving …. oh yes we will :wave:

Return to “General Chat”