All l wanted for Christmas was my two front teeth.

Any general cruise line chat

Topic author
Onelife
Captain
Captain

All l wanted for Christmas was my two front teeth.

Post by Onelife »

Some may recall me mentioning a few months back that l had broken the tooth that was holding my crown, unfortunately after discussing it with my dentist there was no option other than to take it out. Having taken it out l was left with a two tooth gap (to the side of my top front teeth) whilst it was hardly noticeable when talking, it didn't enhance my dashing good looks when l laughed :)

Having discussed my options l decided to go private and have what is known as a flexible denture at a cost of £450.....The other options were implants at 5k+ or a NHS plate.
For anyone who finds themselves considering having a flexible denture my advice would be go for it......The flexible denture is very small, very comfortable and stays firmly in place. I won't go as far to say you can eat everything as tearing into a piece of steak can be a little tricky, however general eating l have no problem at all.

Happy munching

Keith
Last edited by Onelife on 13 Dec 2019, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: All l wanted for Christmas was my two front teeth.

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

I presume it's ok for chocolate.........

Topic author
Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Melts in your mouth :thumbup:

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Oddly enough I have just got some partial dentures, Keith. I had always thought that crowns lasted forever and I seemed to have a dentist who was particularly keen on them. Anyway a couple of them had worn out so I was advised to have the roots out and go down the line of partial dentures. It was going to be months before I could have the extractions so I said I would go private and duly paid my £86. Anyway after half an hour of much pushing and shoving my debntist said she couldn't get one of the roots out so I would have to go to the hospital. But I did get my £86 back!!! So I waited a couple of months more and without any fuss out came the roots. From April I have just managed to get my dentures and very smart they look too.
I must say you got a bargain at £450. Are they sheeps' teeth you have got for mine were £600 for top and the same for the bottom and there are only 6 teeth altogether - £200 a tooth!!! :lol:
Anyway I'm pleased to hear you are getting along well with yours. Mine still need a bit of adjustment but flexible dentures are the way to go and not so much more than NHS. Still not used to having teeth where there were gaps though!!!

Keep munching!

Topic author
Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi Foxy.....not sheep's teeth but the local farrier did the work :thumbup:

Your experience sounds a little like mine in that l spent an hour in the farriers chair, this was due to my tooth having sheered off at gum level which left  
him having a real struggle getting it out...at one point he said that  l would have to go to hospital  ....l said.."Nay" keep trying and just as another dentist came in to help it popped out.

I've only had mine just over a week and went back a couple of days ago to  have it slightly adjusted...fits lovely now.

As already mentioned l have a two tooth flexible denture and was amazed to see how small yet robust these things are, much better than having a mouthful of plastic in the roof of you mouth.

If you are unfortunate  enough  to need another flexible denture l know of  a farrier who will throw in a pair of shoes for that price :lol:

Keep munching :wave:

Sent from Samsung tablet
Last edited by Onelife on 13 Dec 2019, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

oldbluefox wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 20:48
Oddly enough I have just got some partial dentures, Keith. I had always thought that crowns lasted forever and I seemed to have a dentist who was particularly keen on them. Anyway a couple of them had worn out so I was advised to have the roots out and go down the line of partial dentures. It was going to be months before I could have the extractions so I said I would go private and duly paid my £86. Anyway after half an hour of much pushing and shoving my debntist said she couldn't get one of the roots out so I would have to go to the hospital. But I did get my £86 back!!! So I waited a couple of months more and without any fuss out came the roots. From April I have just managed to get my dentures and very smart they look too.
I must say you got a bargain at £450. Are they sheeps' teeth you have got for mine were £600 for top and the same for the bottom and there are only 6 teeth altogether - £200 a tooth!!! :lol:
Anyway I'm pleased to hear you are getting along well with yours. Mine still need a bit of adjustment but flexible dentures are the way to go and not so much more than NHS. Still not used to having teeth where there were gaps though!!!

Keep munching!

That did make me laugh out loud Foxy :lol: :lol:

I was sitting in bed reading this and nearly choked on me cuppa tea :D

Topic author
Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

"Nearly choked on my cuppa tea"

Better luck next time :D

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 11:48

And to think I was going to send you a seasonal card.
You can forget that now. It's going straight back to the sympathy shelf at the coop :D

Topic author
Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 16:03
Onelife wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 11:48

And to think I was going to send you a seasonal card.
You can forget that now. It's going straight back to the sympathy shelf at the coop :D
Stephen...l get so many Christmas cards from forum members that one less won't make an awful lot of difference......less of course it was a Jacqueline lawson ecard which a dear member sends me every Christmas then l would be dissapointed.

Btw have you tried drinking a cuppa tea with marbles in it.....apparently it keeps your drink warmer :thumbup: ........go for it :wave:
Last edited by Onelife on 14 Dec 2019, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Is your dentist open over the weekend

Topic author
Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 17:58
Is your dentist open over the weekend
Why! :lol: :lol:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

:thumbup: :wave:

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Onelife wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 17:38

Btw have you tried drinking a cuppa tea with marbles in it.....apparently it keeps your drink warmer :thumbup: ........go for it :wave:
And stops you losing your marbles.

Topic author
Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 20:14
Onelife wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 17:38

And stops you losing your marbles.

To late for me Sir Merv......l lost my marbles a long time ago. :)

:wave:

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”