No cruising 2020 for some

Any general cruise line chat
User avatar

Topic author
Stephen
Captain
Captain
Posts: 11066
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

No cruising 2020 for some

Post by Stephen »

Holland America and Princess cancel cruises for 2020


https://cruise-adviser.com/holland-amer ... n-cruises/
Last edited by Stephen on 07 May 2020, 14:15, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar

Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6087
Joined: January 2013

Re: No cruising 2020 for some

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote:
07 May 2020, 14:11
Holland America and Princess cancel cruises for 2020


https://cruise-adviser.com/holland-amer ... n-cruises/
"Guests who have paid in full will receive a 125 per cent future cruise credit of the base fare paid. Those who have not paid in full will receive a future cruise credit double the amount of the deposit paid for the cruise cruise"...

....or your money back one would presume?
Last edited by Onelife on 07 May 2020, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 5633
Joined: January 2013
Location: Huddersfield

Re: No cruising 2020 for some

Post by towny44 »

Stephen wrote:
07 May 2020, 14:11
Holland America and Princess cancel cruises for 2020


https://cruise-adviser.com/holland-amer ... n-cruises/
I think both of these refer to their summer 2020 schedules which normally end in September or early October, but I do think it unlikely we will see much cruising activity until December, when some lines will want to try and tap into the Christmas and New Year holiday festivities.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

User avatar

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6458
Joined: January 2012
Location: Lancashire

Re: No cruising 2020 for some

Post by david63 »

Isn't there also some issue with an Government investigation, or something, with Carnival/Princess?

User avatar

kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer
Posts: 665
Joined: January 2013
Location: Ellan Vannin

Re: No cruising 2020 for some

Post by kaymar »

I can't imagine that anyone would want to go anywhere a cruise ship this year, would they? We certainly wouldn't. Next year - well we'll wait and see but pretty unlikely.

User avatar

Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6087
Joined: January 2013

Re: No cruising 2020 for some

Post by Onelife »

kaymar wrote:
08 May 2020, 19:51
I can't imagine that anyone would want to go anywhere a cruise ship this year, would they? We certainly wouldn't. Next year - well we'll wait and see but pretty unlikely.
Hi Kaymar……I think most are thinking along the same line as you …. I can’t even see me venturing out to the garden centre (if lock-down is lifted) for at least a few weeks as by that time we will have some indication of how infection rates are going.
We have no plans to take a cruise next year but if we were, I would consider booking a cruise but only on a money back, cancelled cruise guarantee.

The thought has crossed my mind that the first cruises will be British Isles cruises …come August next year I could see this being an option that some cruise lines might consider? Not sure if they would be sailing at full occupancy but they’ll have to start somewhere, especially as I can’t see Mediterranean cruises being an option for some time yet.


Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1350
Joined: February 2013
Location: Gower, Swansea

Re: No cruising 2020 for some

Post by Whynd1 »

Very interesting news item on BBC this morning.
Mainly all about the companies that supply cruise companies. One supplier is owed over a million pounds for food and drink and has 1.6 million of stock going nowhere.
West quay taxis usually take over a thousand bookings for a weekend .
Short interview with David Dingle the Chairman of Carnival.

User avatar

Topic author
Stephen
Captain
Captain
Posts: 11066
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: No cruising 2020 for some

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote:
08 May 2020, 20:43
kaymar wrote:
08 May 2020, 19:51
I can't imagine that anyone would want to go anywhere a cruise ship this year, would they? We certainly wouldn't. Next year - well we'll wait and see but pretty unlikely.
Hi Kaymar……I think most are thinking along the same line as you …. I can’t even see me venturing out to the garden centre (if lock-down is lifted) for at least a few weeks as by that time we will have some indication of how infection rates are going.
We have no plans to take a cruise next year but if we were, I would consider booking a cruise but only on a money back, cancelled cruise guarantee.

The thought has crossed my mind that the first cruises will be British Isles cruises …come August next year I could see this being an option that some cruise lines might consider? Not sure if they would be sailing at full occupancy but they’ll have to start somewhere, especially as I can’t see Mediterranean cruises being an option for some time yet.


I hope not. We've got a cruise already booked for July next year to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.

User avatar

Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6087
Joined: January 2013

Re: No cruising 2020 for some

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote:
09 May 2020, 07:59
Onelife wrote:
08 May 2020, 20:43
kaymar wrote:
08 May 2020, 19:51
I can't imagine that anyone would want to go anywhere a cruise ship this year, would they? We certainly wouldn't. Next year - well we'll wait and see but pretty unlikely.
Hi Kaymar……I think most are thinking along the same line as you …. I can’t even see me venturing out to the garden centre (if lock-down is lifted) for at least a few weeks as by that time we will have some indication of how infection rates are going.
We have no plans to take a cruise next year but if we were, I would consider booking a cruise but only on a money back, cancelled cruise guarantee.

The thought has crossed my mind that the first cruises will be British Isles cruises …come August next year I could see this being an option that some cruise lines might consider? Not sure if they would be sailing at full occupancy but they’ll have to start somewhere, especially as I can’t see Mediterranean cruises being an option for some time yet.


I hope not. We've got a cruise already booked for July next year to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.
Hi Stephen l just plucked August out of the hat l was thinking more along the lines of July. :thumbup: :angel:

As you know Mr Dingle is a good mate of mine so l'll put a good word in for you. :thumbup:

:wave:

User avatar

Manoverboard
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 8906
Joined: January 2013
Location: Dorset

Re: No cruising 2020 for some

Post by Manoverboard »

Onelife wrote:
08 May 2020, 20:43
The thought has crossed my mind that the first cruises will be British Isles cruises …
Good plan, it won't be too far to travel to be connected up to a respirator.
.
Last edited by Manoverboard on 09 May 2020, 08:57, edited 1 time in total.
Moby or Mob is far easier to type ...

User avatar

jacksparrow
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer
Posts: 665
Joined: January 2013

Re: No cruising 2020 for some

Post by jacksparrow »

As you know Mr Dingle is a good mate of mine so l'll put a good word in for you. :thumbup:

:wave:
[/quote]

Have you been supplying him with your chocolates again :crazy:
The pesky scarfaced pirate

User avatar

Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6087
Joined: January 2013

Re: No cruising 2020 for some

Post by Onelife »

Manoverboard wrote:
09 May 2020, 08:56
Onelife wrote:
08 May 2020, 20:43
The thought has crossed my mind that the first cruises will be British Isles cruises …
Good plan, it won't be too far to travel to be connected up to a respirator.
.
Hey Mob…in the absence of any horse racing how about a £10 wager that we are back cruising (without the need of respirators) before August, 0ops! July 2021?

Are we on? :D

User avatar

Topic author
Stephen
Captain
Captain
Posts: 11066
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: No cruising 2020 for some

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote:
09 May 2020, 08:29
Stephen wrote:
09 May 2020, 07:59
Onelife wrote:
08 May 2020, 20:43


Hi Kaymar……I think most are thinking along the same line as you …. I can’t even see me venturing out to the garden centre (if lock-down is lifted) for at least a few weeks as by that time we will have some indication of how infection rates are going.
We have no plans to take a cruise next year but if we were, I would consider booking a cruise but only on a money back, cancelled cruise guarantee.

The thought has crossed my mind that the first cruises will be British Isles cruises …come August next year I could see this being an option that some cruise lines might consider? Not sure if they would be sailing at full occupancy but they’ll have to start somewhere, especially as I can’t see Mediterranean cruises being an option for some time yet.


I hope not. We've got a cruise already booked for July next year to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.
Hi Stephen l just plucked August out of the hat l was thinking more along the lines of July. :thumbup: :angel:

As you know Mr Dingle is a good mate of mine so l'll put a good word in for you. :thumbup:

:wave:


I could save a few bob after all. :thumbup:

User avatar

Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6087
Joined: January 2013

Re: No cruising 2020 for some

Post by Onelife »

jacksparrow wrote:
09 May 2020, 09:11
As you know Mr Dingle is a good mate of mine so l'll put a good word in for you. :thumbup:

:wave:
Have you been supplying him with your chocolates again :crazy:
[/quote]

Naah! Sparrow....i just give him advise as to when cruising should resume again :lol:

:wave:

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”