Any general cruise line chat

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: P and O pauses again

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 15:01
towny44 wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 14:17
Moby, why do you think people would need to isolate between jabs? The vaccines do not contain live virus just DNA bits that will kick start your immune system to develop antibodies.
Probably because I don't know enough about it ... I would reason that one is still vulnerable to catching the virus between the two jabs, also that if it is still possible to catch it then it must still be possible to transmit it perhaps up to the point when the second jab has fully established.
Lots of things are possible, but once vaccinated you should start to develop antibodies which will attack any virus that dares to drop in on your Dorset dream home.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

towny44 wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 15:24
.... once vaccinated you should start to develop antibodies which will attack any virus that dares to drop in on your Dorset dream home.
At which point we will, for a while, up sticks and leave that Dorset dream home that has become our prison :tired:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 16:14
towny44 wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 15:24
.... once vaccinated you should start to develop antibodies which will attack any virus that dares to drop in on your Dorset dream home.
At which point we will, for a while, up sticks and leave that Dorset dream home that has become our prison :tired:
I think we are all having similar feelings Moby, which is why we are prepared to put up with the possible covid precautions in order to get back to cruising as soon as possible.
John

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

I had my 2 week break at the NHS hotel this autumn though I wouldn't recommend it.

Two cruises booked in 2022. 2021 is mainly UK breaks apart from hopefully Madeira in November.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

We have booked zilch but will join the clamour the morning after we have the dates for our jabs :relaxed:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 26 Nov 2020, 09:29
We have booked zilch but will join the clamour the morning after we have the dates for our jabs :relaxed:
Since we need an accessible cabin, we don't have the luxury of waiting to see how things develop. But as long as P&O continue to announce cancellations before the balance payment date then we will be happy, and hope that we will have a much clearer idea of when cruising restarts before we need to part with any more money.
John

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”