Back to Back Cruise

Any general cruise line chat

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Back to Back Cruise

Post by Stephen »

When doing a back to back cruise, how does that work. Are facilities still open/available for passengers to use that are staying on board or is the ship like the Mary Cileste with everything closed down and the odd passenger aimlessly walking around getting funny looks from the crew as to why they are still onboard.

We have a 11 night cruise booked next July for our 35th wedding anniversary on Aurora and are considering tagging the 2 night cruise on before it. This would involve two different cabins, which I assume at some stage on change over day would make us homeless, as of course the cabin we were in and the one we are moving to need to be serviced. So what happens to all your stuff, do you have to pack it all up and store it somewhere, or does the steward just move everything over to the next cabin once it is ready.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Back to Back Cruise

Post by david63 »

Never done a b2b but from what I have read the crew will move whatever you want from one cabin t'other - obviously there will be some things (e.g. toiletries) that will have to be packed and you will be responsible for your valuables.

I suspect that most of the facilities (by which I assume to mean the bars :lol: ) will be closed until the new passengers embark (whatever time that may be these days).

You can, of course, go ashore (using the crew entrance) as you wish.

Janet-
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Janet- »

Not done a back to back but have done 2 sectors with a cabin change.
All clothes on hangers were moved by the steward. Other items ready packed in your suitcase which he also moves. We stayed in our cabin until he came to tell us the new cabin was ready. I think this was about 10am, we could of course have gone out but didn't know what to do with our valuables. You will need to discuss the arrangements with reception a few days before.
I don't know if the same will apply to 2 day cruises though, as I understand there are differences.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Thanks both of you :thumbup:

At this point it is just something we are considering.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

david63 wrote:
Never done a b2b but from what I have read the crew will move whatever you want from one cabin t'other - obviously there will be some things (e.g. toiletries) that will have to be packed and you will be responsible for your valuables.

I suspect that most of the facilities (by which I assume to mean the bars :lol:) will be closed until the new passengers embark (whatever time that may be these days).

You can, of course, go ashore (using the crew entrance) as you wish.

I don't know what you mean David :o :D

Ranchi
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Ranchi »

You cannot sell Big Issue on change over day! :D

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Ranchi wrote:
You cannot sell Big Issue on change over day! :D
Don't need to. I made a bundle from sales already :D

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

We have done back-to-backs ..... they put our wardrobe items on wheeled hanging rails for transporting them and also swapped the drawers from one cabin with the other. Perhaps you you could arrange to have the same cabin for both of your cruises ?

There are no facilities available for a few hours in the morning and your security card will need updating. We spent the day in Southampton, just poodling ... but a very nice lunch is to be had in the ' Pig in the Wall ' for those celebrating a special anniversary :thumbup:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

ITWA Travel Writer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by ITWA Travel Writer »

Stephen wrote:
When doing a back to back cruise, how does that work. Are facilities still open/available for passengers to use that are staying on board or is the ship like the Mary Cileste with everything closed down and the odd passenger aimlessly walking around getting funny looks from the crew as to why they are still onboard.

We have a 11 night cruise booked next July for our 35th wedding anniversaryon Aurora and are considering tagging the 2 night cruise on before it. This would involve two different cabins, which I assume at some stage on change over day would make us homeless, as of course the cabin we were in and the one we are moving to need to be serviced. So what happens to all your stuff, do you have to pack it all up and store it somewhere, or does the steward just move everything over to the next cabin once it is ready.
Well blow my socks off!! I would never had thought that such a young man as you could be celebrating 35 years of marriage. :wtf: :wtf:
Me thinks, one little lady deserves a medal!! :roll: :roll:
John

Qui descendunt mare in navibus.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

ITWA Travel Writer wrote:
Stephen wrote:

We have a 11 night cruise booked next July for our 35th wedding anniversaryon Aurora and are considering tagging the 2 night cruise on before it. This would involve two different cabins, which I assume at some stage on change over day would make us homeless, as of course the cabin we were in and the one we are moving to need to be serviced. So what happens to all your stuff, do you have to pack it all up and store it somewhere, or does the steward just move everything over to the next cabin once it is ready.
Well blow my socks off!! I would never had thought that such a young man as you could be celebrating 35 years of marriage. :wtf: :wtf:
Me thinks, one little lady deserves a medal!! :roll: :roll:

Two medals..at least John

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Me thinks, one little lady deserves a medal!!
More like a sainthood I would have thought :crazy:

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

david63 wrote:
Me thinks, one little lady deserves a medal!!
More like a sainthood I would have thought :crazy:

It's in the post David

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”