photo's of meals.

Any general cruise line chat

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: photo's of meals.

Post by oldbluefox »

I wonder if it depends on the chef, maître d or ship's policy whether it is done or not. I liked the idea because it gave you a good idea of what to expect and also portion size.

alpaca111
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Photos with 'Not the Captain'

Post by alpaca111 »

Well, yes, I don't feel the need to photograph my meals but it's no bother unless it keeps me of tucking in!

A couple years ago my wife and I were talking about if we really wanted to bother to get the seemingly obligatory photo with the captain. Neither of us had any real desire to and never had.

Then we had the thought that those that made our cruise holiday most enjoyable was anyone other than the captain. (This naturally doesn't diminish the importance of the captain's work.) So we had a chuckle and decided we honestly wanted photos of those who are Not the Captain.

There were some cruise ship employees which have been a joy to interact with. We wanted to acknowledge their excellence and have photographic memories of them. So, for a few years now, we had thought about created a website which would display photos of cruisers with crew so long as they are Not the Captain.

Just brought up the site a few days ago. No need to register and remember yet another login. Just upload photos of exceptionally warm, helpful cruise ship crew. Even better if your photo is in the style of 'photos with the captain'.

Only time will tell if anyone else finds the concept interesting enough to participate.

Should you want to take a peek, here's the URL for the new website: http://wwwNotTheCaptain.eu

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: photo's of meals.

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Welcome to the forum, Alpaca :wave:

Nice idea - I'll see if I've got any I can upload.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”