Your input is wanted.

Anything related to the Britannia Project

Topic author
ITWA Travel Writer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Your input is wanted.

Post by ITWA Travel Writer »

This project is totally community led so in order for our editorial team to put together a booklet of guidelines for those taking part, I need the help of the members on this site.

Please suggest any areas of the cruise holiday that should be looked at in detail and also the areas which are of little value and should be ignored.

A healthy debate on this subject will provide great input.
John

Qui descendunt mare in navibus.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Your input is wanted.

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Number of hours in port
Dress codes
Food quality
Entertainment
Standard of quizzes ;)

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Pricing
Loyalty schemes and benefits
Gill

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Onboard shops
Itineraries

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

It is a difficult one because it is very much "what is one man's meat is another man's poison"

All aspects of a cruise are important but not necessarily to all passengers - likewise there are no areas that can be ignored as again just because someone does not use, say, the spa does not mean that others do not find it enjoyable.

I would suggest that you set up two polls on here to get the member's reaction - one for the areas that are important and one for the areas that are not important but using the same criteria.

Jonty S1
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Jonty S1 »

John The Travel Writer

Agree with a the other posters, however, the loyalty scheme is an area which requires rapid, remedial attention. It is a farce that you receive the same reward for a cruise whether you spend £2,000 or £20,000. I have suggested alternative schemes to P&O and, if required, will happily do so again.

Jon

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Since we require an accessible cabin and need to book early on brochure launch, then our main requirement is that bookings at launch should be subject to a reasonable discount, and they should be fully competitive with their main competition, and this should include the amount of deposit and the timing of the balance payment.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Fair pricing for all .. everyone needs to have the confidence to book early and know they won't see their cruise 50% cheaper 6 months before sailing.
Jo

Topic author
ITWA Travel Writer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

david63 wrote:
I would suggest that you set up two polls on here to get the member's reaction - one for the areas that are important and one for the areas that are not important but using the same criteria.
David I think your suggestion is great, so and here’s the big one. You can set up a poll such as you suggest with my blessing.
John

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

ITWA Travel Writer wrote:
david63 wrote:
David I think your suggestion is great, so and here’s the big one. You can set up a poll such as you suggest with my blessing.
This you are able to do yourself young Sir ...

Raise a New Topic and then select the ' Poll ' Tab at the base of the text field.

:wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
ITWA Travel Writer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Yes Splash!! :sarcasm:

But not as prettily as the Administrators or you Moderators can. :thumbup:
John

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

One thing that I have seen go full circle in the years we have been cruising is AI -> pay extra -> AI.
We are currently on the cycle going from 'paying extra for the extras we want' back towards more things being included in the price.

Another topic for consideration is whether or not the concept of 'Ocean Village' should be reintroduced ... it certainly opened up the world of cruising to many more people who had considered cruising was something they would not enjoy or could not afford.

Return to “The Britannia Project”