Oriana's last P&O cruise X913

Cruises on Oriana in 2019

Topic author
allatc
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Oriana's last P&O cruise X913

Post by allatc » 31 Dec 2018, 16:39

Anyone going on Oriana's last P&O cruise ?

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Oriana's last P&O cruise X913

Post by Kenmo1 » 31 Dec 2018, 17:19

Yes, yes, yes. Just got to hope they are not dismantling everything around us.

Maureen

silver surfer 2010
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by silver surfer 2010 » 31 Dec 2018, 17:57

We are on her last cruise as well, and looking forward to it as we have never been so far North before

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 » 31 Dec 2018, 18:21

silver surfer 2010 wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 17:57
We are on her last cruise as well, and looking forward to it as we have never been so far North before

We did Spitsbergen (a bit higher up) a few years ago and loved it. There is just a scientific research station there but I think Longyearbyen is more of a settlement and should have more of interest. I can remember getting off Arcadia with the brightest, bluest sky with the sun shining and I was wearing a coat but a local man was up on a roof in a T-shirt! I looked overdressed but within an hour the temperature plummeted and standing in the queue to get back on the tender, the wind just cut through you like a knife. I was glad of my coat with a hood but was surprised at how many others were inadequately dressed.

I absolutely loved that holiday and am so thrilled to get the chance to go that far north again. It is stunning. And watch out for the Arctic Terns and their lovely fluffy babies. Don't get too close like my husband did as he took a photo and he got dive-bombed by the adult bird. Maureen

Return to “Oriana Cruises 2019”