Oceana to leave the P&O Cruises fleet Sadly we announce that Oceana will leave the P&O Cruises fleet this month. Whilst

A feed from the P&O Facebook page

Topic author
Official Autopost
Bot
Bot

Oceana to leave the P&O Cruises fleet Sadly we announce that Oceana will leave the P&O Cruises fleet this month. Whilst

Post by Official Autopost »

Oceana to leave the P&O Cruises fleet Sadly we announce that Oceana will leave the P&O Cruises fleet this month. Whilst we will all miss Oceana, her departure will allow us to focus on our remaining ships and the delivery of Iona later this year, followed by Iona’s sister ship, scheduled for 2022. We know that many of you are very fond of Oceana and have very happy memories of your time on board. We hope that you will be able to find a similar alternative holiday, whether that is from Southampton or a fly-cruise itinerary. We are so sorry to disappoint our guests who were booked on Oceana and we are pleased to offer a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC). There’s no need to contact us; once processed, your FCC will be automatically applied against each individual on the booking. If the FCC does not meet your needs and you'd like to request a refund, please visit our website, pocruises.com/request

(Feed generated with FetchRSS)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/179746530781/p ... 261960782/

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Oceana to leave the P&O Cruises fleetSadly we announce that Oceana will leave the P&O Cruises fleet this month. Whil

Post by Meg 50 »

it is followed by thousands of comments all bewailing the decision to get rid of yet another smallish ship and replace it with a huge one.

all responded to with one of 2 needle's got stuck responses - basically they couldn't care less what people think
Meg
x

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Re: Oceana to leave the P&O Cruises fleetSadly we announce that Oceana will leave the P&O Cruises fleet this month. Whil

Post by Onelife »

One of the last that will remind us what a proper cruise ship used to look like.
Last edited by Onelife on 07 Jul 2020, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Meg 50 wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 12:18
it is followed by thousands of comments all bewailing the decision to get rid of yet another smallish ship and replace it with a huge one.

all responded to with one of 2 needle's got stuck responses - basically they couldn't care less what people think
I put this on another post recently Meg.
It’s quite clear what P&O future policy was going to be.
Aurora next then Arcadia.
Some time in the future, Azura will be considered a small ship.
They have realised that their traditional customer base is ever declining and they need to appeal to younger travellers and families.
Kids don’t want a classy Anderson’s or Magnums.
They want a big slide.
Empty vessels .. and all that

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Onelife wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 12:57
One of the last that will remind us what a proper cruise ship used to look like.
Oh come on Keefy the sun class is not really a classic design, although I accept that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In my case it's most new cruise ships which make me stop, and look in wonder and hope, that maybe I can cruise on it sometime, and I have to confess the bigger the ship the better.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Very sad to hear this news and we have already received email notification that next years UAE cruise has been cancelled.
While they offer 125% future cruise credit, we had only paid the deposit so no great value there.
We had also booked it while onboard to get additional OBC, I am guessing that will also be lost.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

towny44 wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 13:32
Onelife wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 12:57
Oh come on Keefy the sun class is not really a classic design, although I accept that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In my case it's most new cruise ships which make me stop, and look in wonder and hope, that maybe I can cruise on it sometime, and I have to confess the bigger the ship the better.
In that case John, and in the absence of any cruises likely for the foreseeable future why don’t you pop along to Felixstowe for a sightseeing day out…they have loads of container ships based on the same design as the ships you describe. :sarcasm: :)

Ray Scully
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray Scully »

Apart from Victoria, our first cruise, our happiest cruises have been aboard these lovely Sun Class ships starting with the Dawn Princess and ending on Oceana

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Our first cruise with P&O was on the old Adonia (Sea Princess) and our second was on Oceana. Both times we had one of the fantastic aft mini suites - C747 - our favourite cabin on P&O - well apart from one of the full suites! In total we sailed on Oceana six times and loved her. I know she wasn't popular with some people and I know we were lucky to be able to have one of the large aft minis. I think Sea Princess is still sailing, not sure. At the moment P&O aren't saying where Oceana is going but rumour has it that it's Greece. We had some fantastic cruises on Oceana, we shall miss her. At the moment we have two cruises booked on Arcadia, next July and March 2022. Whether Arcadia will still be with P&O I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if she's gone by then. If so we'll have a refund.

Carole

welshynurse
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by welshynurse »

I'm sad to see Oceana going as it has some very special memories for us (honeymoon and spreading dad's ashes). However with what will be 2 small children, we probably wouldn't be going on her again anytime soon as we need the bigger kids club etc, although I prefer Andersons to a bit slide!

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

I've had some super cruises on Oceana including one of my favourites - 35 days to the Caribbean/New Orleans/Florida Keys etc. I hadn't realised just how many times I had been on her - I do think her atrium is one of the best. Travelling now with my son and family the bigger ships do have more for the younger generation but strangely he loved his cruises on Aurora - one of my favourites too. Carole mentioned Sea Princess - again had quite few cruises on her and the Faroe Islands/Iceland/Greenland/New York cruise stands out. Oh well lovely memories :thumbup:
Janis

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Jan Rosser wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 16:42
I've had some super cruises on Oceana including one of my favourites - 35 days to the Caribbean/New Orleans/Florida Keys etc. I hadn't realised just how many times I had been on her - I do think her atrium is one of the best. Travelling now with my son and family the bigger ships do have more for the younger generation but strangely he loved his cruises on Aurora - one of my favourites too. Carole mentioned Sea Princess - again had quite few cruises on her and the Faroe Islands/Iceland/Greenland/New York cruise stands out. Oh well lovely memories :thumbup:
We did our 35 night cruise on Oceana. The 5 weeks went really quickly , and it's one of my favourite cruises to remember.
CaroleF wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 14:02
Our first cruise with P&O was on the old Adonia (Sea Princess) and our second was on Oceana. Both times we had one of the fantastic aft mini suites - C747 - our favourite cabin on P&O - well apart from one of the full suites! In total we sailed on Oceana six times and loved her. I know she wasn't popular with some people and I know we were lucky to be able to have one of the large aft minis. I think Sea Princess is still sailing, not sure. At the moment P&O aren't saying where Oceana is going but rumour has it that it's Greece. We had some fantastic cruises on Oceana, we shall miss her. At the moment we have two cruises booked on Arcadia, next July and March 2022. Whether Arcadia will still be with P&O I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if she's gone by then. If so we'll have a refund.

Carole
Our second cruise was on Adonia, so when we went on Oceana a couple of years later, we felt right at home. We went on Oceana 4 times in all, the last time in 2016.

I'm booked for Arcadia in January 2022, for a 55 night South American and Caribbean cruise. Such a long cruise seems out of the question right now, especially as it includes Brazil, who are currently being hammered by Covid. Like you, I think there could well be more changes ahead, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Aurora and Arcadia go sooner rather than later. The last time I sailed on Arcadia was in 2014 and I was looking forward to sailing on her again - but there's part of me that wouldn't be too upset if Arcadia went, as I wouldn't have to make any decision about my cruise, and would get my hefty deposit back.
Gill

Return to “Facebook Feed”