A feed from the P&O Facebook page

Topic author
Official Autopost
Bot
Bot

Salcombe Gin Distilling Co.

Post by Official Autopost »

Meet Iona’s exclusive new partner...

We’re collaborating with award-winning Salcombe Gin Distilling Co. to bring you an exclusive gin distilled on Iona.

A G&T is one of life’s little pleasures… Close your eyes – cold glass in hand – and let it transport you to a happy place filled with wonderful memories.

Let the adventure be-gin… 🛳️

Visit our website to find out more: https://bit.ly/36LuMFh

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video. ... text=false

(Feed generated with FetchRSS)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/179746530781/p ... 417190782/

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Salcombe Gin Distilling Co.

Post by Manoverboard »

I'll stick with Blue Sapphire ... thanks all the same
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Ranchi
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Ranchi »

Gin has really taken off in the last few years. About 5 years ago we went to the Outer Hebrides and visited Harris Distillers. They explained that the original plan was to be a whisky distillery but there is a massive time lag between distilling and selling with whisky so the tried their hand to tide them over and provide a revenue stream) at gin- with excellent results. Their bottles are much sought after even when empty for lamps - the easy option is to use the bottle as a base but a coffee shop in Aberdeen has had the bottle bases cut off to form very attractive lamp shades throughout their shop.
Raasay distillery have opted for a different strategy and they are buying in whiskies and blending them until their malt is saleable. They market their bland as ‘While we Wait’ or In the Mean time’ - something like that. I see they also have latterly joined the gin trail.
A few years ago I was given a gin making experience for my birthday at Edinburgh gin- an excellent pressie. You planned and made your own gin ( you got a bottle to take home- the remains where consumed in situ!) Mine had the regular botanicals * bitter orange peel It was labelled ‘Gin Ola’ well, as a Newcastle fan etc. When we made the recipes the lad taking us said we could make more or less whatever recipe we wanted but they did have recipes which would approximate to ‘the regular suspects’.
Current gin favourite is Tanqueray Rangpur - only because the Makacca is not available in UK.
Cheers!
Last edited by Ranchi on 18 Nov 2020, 16:07, edited 2 times in total.

Ranchi
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Ranchi »

Blend not bland.
Malacca not Makacca.
Reading too much Grauniad, I fear.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

My mates Andy and Norman started a gin distillery when made redundant from their jobs as industrial chemists.
Huge risk but it’s paid off. They took the building next to my office when I was in Kent.
They are called Anno Gin.
Last edited by barney on 18 Nov 2020, 18:22, edited 2 times in total.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

I don’t like Gin neat, but throw in a few damsons and it makes a nice drink for those cold winter nights. I’ve presently got four 2ltr plastic milk bottles full of damson gin which will be syphoned off back into their original bottles over the coming weeks.

We have for the past couple of years greeted our carol singers to a glass of our damson Gin which always goes down well... especially when complemented with some of my wife’s sausage rolls. :thumbup:

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Onelife wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 22:28
We have for the past couple of years greeted our carol singers to a glass of our damson Gin which always goes down well... especially when complemented with some of my wife’s sausage rolls.
Wot - no chocs as well?????

I bet the carol singers round your way are queuing up to knock on your door - my idea is to ignore them then they won't bother me again.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I don’t like Gin neat, but throw in a few damsons and it makes a nice drink for those cold winter nights. I’ve presently got four 2ltr plastic milk bottles full of damson gin which will be syphoned off back into their original bottles over the coming weeks.

We have for the past couple of years greeted our carol singers to a glass of our damson Gin which always goes down well... especially when complemented with some of my wife’s sausage rolls. :thumbup:

What time is kick off. I can knock out a good kingwensslessnessessss thingy tune

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

david63 wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 08:11
We have for the past couple of years greeted our carol singers to a glass of our damson Gin which always goes down well... especially when complemented with some of my wife’s sausage rolls.
Wot - no chocs as well?????

I bet the carol singers round your way are queuing up to knock on your door - my idea is to ignore them then they won't bother me again.
And looking at the door going "hum bug"
Merry Christmas David :lol:
Don't worry, be happy

Return to “Facebook Feed”