**IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING REFUNDS** From P&O Cruises president, Paul Ludlow I wanted to take this opportunity to a

A feed from the P&O Facebook page

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Re: **IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING REFUNDS** From P&O Cruises president, Paul LudlowI wanted to take this opportunity to a

Post by Whynd1 »

I agree with that Towny.

I see R003 have been having their refunds,that was the first cruise to be recalled back from Norway,which I think means they are about a month behind schedule. Unless you have booked for the Iona which seems to be operating on a different timescale.
Well all I know is I am still waiting and with the balance to be paid on my October cruise at the end of June. If its taking this long to be refunded I am less inclined to pay for October and then wait for a further refund as I expect October's cruises will be cancelled as well.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: **IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING REFUNDS** From P&O Cruises president, Paul LudlowI wanted to take this opportunity to a

Post by Manoverboard »

towny44 wrote: 25 May 2020, 09:32
Manoverboard wrote: 25 May 2020, 08:16
Stephen wrote: 25 May 2020, 08:04

Did you get any notification of your refund Moby, or was it a case of coming across it when randomally checking you bank statement.
My recollection is that ....

The TA had basically advised me, face to face, that a refund had been agreed with P&O.

It was an instant electronic transfer for the Debit Card refund which was verbally confirmed at the time but an online check was done by me to satisfy my need to know that it had gone through properly.

I didn't check the Credit Card refunds until the next Statement pitched up and all was well.
Moby, your refund process from a few years ago has no real comparison with todays multi thousand refunds being processed, and P&O/Carnival dragging their heels to try to conserve as much cash in the business as they can.
I accept that but as nobody had posted any refund experience during the first 10 days of the Topic I decided to add my own but I did point out, in my first posting, that it wasn't the latest info by adding ... My posting read " I was refunded in full by P&O for a fully paid up Cruise together with Hotel add-ons plus eight excursions. Different times of course . There was no intention to mislead.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 25 May 2020, 10:40
towny44 wrote: 25 May 2020, 09:32
Manoverboard wrote: 25 May 2020, 08:16

My recollection is that ....

The TA had basically advised me, face to face, that a refund had been agreed with P&O.

It was an instant electronic transfer for the Debit Card refund which was verbally confirmed at the time but an online check was done by me to satisfy my need to know that it had gone through properly.

I didn't check the Credit Card refunds until the next Statement pitched up and all was well.
Moby, your refund process from a few years ago has no real comparison with todays multi thousand refunds being processed, and P&O/Carnival dragging their heels to try to conserve as much cash in the business as they can.
I accept that but as nobody had posted any refund experience during the first 10 days of the Topic I decided to add my own but I did point out, in my first posting, that it wasn't the latest info by adding ... My posting read " I was refunded in full by P&O for a fully paid up Cruise together with Hotel add-ons plus eight excursions. Different times of course . There was no intention to mislead.
I wasnt accusing you of misleading, but pointing out that your experience then is very different to that being felt by passengers still awaiting a refund.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

towny44 wrote: 25 May 2020, 11:08
I wasnt accusing you of misleading, but pointing out that your experience then is very different to that being felt by passengers still awaiting a refund.
I know that, my explanation was intended for ' all ' the posters on this Topic.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

LadyPCruiser
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by LadyPCruiser »

I know nobody really knows but.... do you think October’s cruises will be cancelled- we are booked on one!!

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

LadyPCruiser wrote: 25 May 2020, 14:39
I know nobody really knows but.... do you think October’s cruises will be cancelled- we are booked on one!!
Hi lady cruiser,

I’m not as knowledgeable with cruising as I am with gambling but as your question has a risk factor attached to it I’m willing to take a punt and say “no” I don’t think all October cruises will be cancelled, as to which ones and destinations available, your guess is as good as mine…remember only gamble what you can afford to lose :)

Good luck

Keith

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

do you think October’s cruises will be cancelled
I suspect that some might depending on whether ports will be open and whether P&O can get their crew back. One possibility is that some cruises could be merged so that say half the fleet are operational.

One positive note is that I am seeing signs that some hotels are hoping to open in July, but with social distancing and cleaning regimes in place. They will certainly not be what they were before lockdown but there is a glimmer of hope.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

david63 wrote: 25 May 2020, 22:01
I suspect that some might depending on whether ports will be open and whether P&O can get their crew back. One possibility is that some cruises could be merged so that say half the fleet are operational.

One positive note is that I am seeing signs that some hotels are hoping to open in July, but with social distancing and cleaning regimes in place. They will certainly not be what they were before lockdown but there is a glimmer of hope.

I doubt they will get many takers wanting to fill the rooms, at least not from abroad. I feel It's going to be a long while before confidence returns for foreign holidays. But we will see
Last edited by Stephen on 26 May 2020, 07:15, edited 1 time in total.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Stephen wrote: 26 May 2020, 07:11

I doubt they will get many takers wanting to fill the rooms, at least not from abroad. I feel It's going to be a long while before confidence returns for foreign holidays. But we will see
I think that younger families and young singles will be prepared to risk a holiday abroad this summer, once the UK abandons its quarantine policy, which I guess will happen fairly promptly.
However if ports open up and cruises restart then I think even some older folk might be tempted to take a chance on a cruise.
John

kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by kaymar »

As onlelife says, LadyPCruiser, it's a gamble - risk v reward.

For cruising to restart, three parties need to accept that the potential reward is worth the risk :-

1. The cruise companies - they don't want another outbreak on any of their ships, with all the problems that would cause them.
2. The ports of call - they certainly won't want cruise ships disgorging thousands of passengers unless they are sure they are free from infection.
3. Passengers - I for one have no intention of going anywhere near a cruise ship this year. We will be cancelling E020 this week - booked 18 months ago and due to sail in September. We hope to get the deposit refunded but will most certainly not be paying the £6k balance, due next week.

I believe that P&O may be making a further announcement very soon, which will presumably extend the period of postponement beyond 31st July. If indeed they do so, they are unlikely to extend as far as October, but I see little chance of much change in the next three months.

LadyPCruiser
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by LadyPCruiser »

Thank you all for your thoughts - hopefully some further updates from P and O soon .

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

towny44 wrote: 26 May 2020, 08:55

I think that younger families and young singles will be prepared to risk a holiday abroad this summer, once the UK abandons its quarantine policy, which I guess will happen fairly promptly.
However if ports open up and cruises restart then I think even some older folk might be tempted to take a chance on a cruise.
Although the government advice for the over 70s not to cruise would have to be lifted
Gill

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Gill W wrote: 26 May 2020, 18:47
towny44 wrote: 26 May 2020, 08:55

Although the government advice for the over 70s not to cruise would have to be lifted
Yes of course, and I assume it will if test and track manages to prevent a second wave.
John

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I see a Which survey reports that 8 out of 10 passengers are still waiting for a refund from Easy jet and BA.
I wonder if they surveyed the cruise industry what the percentage would be.
I am still waiting.
My friendswho were cruising with Riveria have also been told 8 weeks.

Lindsey

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

My Son and DIL had a June holiday booked with Easyjet but decided when the final balance was due not to pay, because they assumed it was unlikely to go ahead anyway. Subsequently it was cancelled and they were pleasantly surprised when EasyJet e-mailed to say their deposit had been converted into a credit note for future use.
John

Grando
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Grando »

Am pleased to say we had our refund paid yesterday for R006 cancelled on 14th March, it was paid by BACS after being told amongst other things it would be paid by cheque. It only took 74 days!
Doreen

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Very pleased for you Doreen. I applied on the 16th March for R006 so maybe wont have too much longer to wait.

Lindsey

Grando
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Grando »

Thanks Lindsey, hope you hear soon, our friends on same cruise are still waiting patiently, but they haven't pestered them like me!
Doreen

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

This may have already been mentioned.

I Spoke to my travel agent today and according to their info refunds for P&O cruises can now take up to 90 days but hopefully sooner.
Last edited by Stephen on 28 May 2020, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Doreen did that also cover refunds for shore excursions and extras ?
I competed 2 online forms one for the refund of the cost of the cruise and then was sent another for refund of excursions and 3xtras such as the spa and drinks packages

Grando
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Grando »

Lindsey, No just the cruise as we hadn't booked any extras, we were waiting to book once on board as we had a load of OBC. We didn't do any online form as we booked with Iglu and cancelled with them, have you tried ringing them? I have an email address of a team leader who finally dealt with ours if you would like it.Just read elsewhere that someone has been paid twice, it really is rediculous!
Doreen

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Thank you, rang my travel agent again today and did also manage to speak to someone at P and O but said they were doing all they could. Perhaps you could PM me the details of the team leader.

Thanks
Lindsey

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Whynd1 wrote: 28 May 2020, 13:26
Thank you, rang my travel agent again today and did also manage to speak to someone at P and O but said they were doing all they could. Perhaps you could PM me the details of the team leader.

Thanks
Lindsey
There are lots of names on CC, but the best bet is to send to paul.ludlow@pocruises.com this should get you to one of the senior team.
John

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

I have today received my refund from P & O regarding my cruise on Azura which was due to take place 3 May. Very disappointingly it is in the form of a cheque despite all assurances from P & O and T/A that it would be a refund to my credit card. I now have to break my self imposed self isolation to go to the bank and pay it in. 2nd disappointing thing is it dated 28 May, just 2 days short of the "up to " 60 days needed to process as I requested it online on the 30 March. By the time I get to the bank (tomorrow as they are only open till 1pm while Covid is on the go) I will not get cleared funds until early next week.

Poor show all round P & O

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Maureen

I was told firstly it would be a cheque then it came back to my credit card. They have very kindly transferred it nack to my bank account.

I don't think there is any particular method, but at least you have had it.
Take care
Lindsey

Return to “Facebook Feed”