We are very sorry but an unprecedented demand for our UK coastal cruises has caused technical issues with our systems on

A feed from the P&O Facebook page

Topic author
Official Autopost
Bot
Bot

We are very sorry but an unprecedented demand for our UK coastal cruises has caused technical issues with our systems on

Post by Official Autopost »

We are very sorry but an unprecedented demand for our UK coastal cruises has caused technical issues with our systems on the website and through our contact centre.

We are working to rectify this as soon as possible so please do bear with us and keep trying and we will provide a further update once the system is fully functioning.

(Feed generated with FetchRSS)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/179746530781/p ... 599955782/

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: We are very sorry but an unprecedented demand for our UK coastal cruises has caused technical issues with our system

Post by Manoverboard »

Gosh, who'de have thought that would happen ... :o
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: We are very sorry but an unprecedented demand for our UK coastal cruises has caused technical issues with our system

Post by towny44 »

Thank goodness the govt. never asked P&O IT dept. to help set up Track and Trace. :o :shock: :?
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

and FB is flooded with people complaining about fluid pricing - with some justification - in the 50 mins or so between starting to book and the site actually letting them continue the prices have gone up by £500 +
Meg
x

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Meg 50 wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 10:45
and FB is flooded with people complaining about fluid pricing - with some justification - in the 50 mins or so between starting to book and the site actually letting them continue the prices have gone up by £500 +

Some may say it’s a case of supply and demand, I call it ripping people off.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Stephen wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 10:49
Meg 50 wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 10:45

Some may say it’s a case of supply and demand, I call it ripping people off.
Demand will be an issue, however some of the price increases are due to the lower grades of cabins selling out first, which will have happened for anyone not savvy enough to request a higher grade, so some of the increases result from only higher grade cabins being now available. That may of course change when cabin numbers are allocated and people realise they are in a poor location.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

I booked on release the second highest grade on Azura's first visit to the Canaries in 2010 and paid well over the odds ... but hey ho I could have said no.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

I booked a short cruise on QE2 in her last season and because of fluid pricing the lower grade cabins had shot up in price and we actually booked a much higher grade cabin for less than the lower ones. It's how the world works these days.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

I think we all pay what we are prepared to pay. We have registered for a short Princess scenic cruise, on sale tomorrow and will register for Cunard when details are released, on sale on 31st. I somehow don’t see the European holidays we have booked, coming off.
Gill

Return to “Facebook Feed”