New Zealand Here We Come

Davi'd trip to New Zealand in 2018 with a "grand tour" of South Island

Topic author
Official Autopost
Bot
Bot

New Zealand Here We Come

Post by Official Autopost »

After over a year of planning the day is drawing closer to our next "great adventure" down under which start next Monday.

The reason for all the planning is that we will not only be visiting the family, and grandchildren - the eldest who has just turned 18 and is off to university next month (where has the time gone?), but we will be doing a grand tour of South Island - somewhere that we have not visited before.

Because the kids are getting older on this trip we decided that we would not be staying with them (seven in a house does tend to get a bit crowded - especially when you all want the bathroom at the same time!) so we founf an ideal property on Airbnb which was literally just around the corner and all was going well until I got an email this morning to say that the owner had cancelled the booking. I was not all together surprised as I had one of those deep down feelings that that was going to happen.

In fairness to Airbnb they did offer us our money back or an uplifted credit against another booking. Luckily I was able to find another property which is about 10 minutes away and the good news is that it is cheaper - and again all credit to Airbnb the difference between the two was processed immediatly and paid back into my account (not actually received it yet, but you know what the banking system is like!

I will try and update this as often as possible (travel and Internet connections permitting) but you can also follow the journey here on my site

Source: http://pear-tree.org.uk/blog/index.php? ... -Come.html

Return to “David's 2018 New Zealand Trip”