Last One to Post Wins

Keep all games together

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Last One to Post Wins

Post by Stephen »

Grey, miserable and windy here. The weathers not much better.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Stephen wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 10:04
Grey, miserable and windy here. The weathers not much better.
Blue skies and sunshine but a cold wind - the weather the only good thing here - gawd I'm a misery today :(
Janis

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Sunny intervals here this morning, its glorious at the moment, but clouds do keep crossing over.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Frost on the grass this morning, with clear blue sky and sunny. Had to wear my gloves when walking our dog. This afternoon after her second walk (warm in the sunshine) I went out into the back garden and cut back a lot of the shrubs :angel: I managed to get everything cut that I wanted only the potted flowers and flower bed to do but have left them for the moment as there is still a lot of flowers on them :)

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Thank you Percy :sarcasm: :D .

How's the new boiler.

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

The new boiler is working well, lovely hot water and radiators 😁

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Well after getting fed up with the rubbish broadband speed and sluggish performance on our devices I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade our broadband which goes live sometime tomorrow 🤞🤞

I decided to stay with Sky on the assumption it's better the devil you know, plus we got a good deal and it also means not having to change email addresses and informing a hundred and one people.

So far Sky have kept me well informed and the new hub arrived exactly on the day specified. The Sky app has also been very useful keeping up with the order progress. I'm hoping the upgrade goes as smooth and we get the minimum gaurenteed speed promised. Being the pessimist I'll believe it when it happens.🤔

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Best tack to take, being positive feels like leaving yourself wide open to disappointment :lol:
Don't worry, be happy

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Ray B wrote: 29 Sep 2020, 12:01
Best tack to take, being positive feels like leaving yourself wide open to disappointment :lol:
Well it's up and running, and pleased so far with the speeds. Only one hicup which is the download speed on my iPad is way lower than my Desktop PC and mobile. So I thought I would do a speed test through Sky rather than the third party I normally use.

Now this is the strange part. Part way through the Sky test is displayed a message saying 'WE CAN'T FIND YOUR HUB'. How can it not find my hub when it's fully operational? :eh:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

After going onto the Sky community page it seems like it's my old iPad that is probably the issue, which I can well believe. It's old and stopped getting Apples updates ages ago. Oh well, its faster than it was.

As for the hub issue, I might need to wait a while for my account to update or there could be an issue with the Sky online tester.

They've got two minutes ;) :D
Last edited by Stephen on 29 Sep 2020, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Stephen wrote: 29 Sep 2020, 12:46
After going onto the Sky community page it seems like it's my old iPad that is probably the issue, which I can well believe. It's old and stopped getting Apples updates ages ago. Oh well, its faster than it was.

As for the hub issue, I might need to wait a while for my account to update or there could be an issue with the Sky online tester.

They've got two minutes ;) :D
When you get the online tester working, you'll wish you hadn't, because it will find a fault, then when you check it again it will tell you that you need an engineer visit for which you will be charged. Even when everything is working well it will still say you have a fault.
John

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Thanks John. Cheer me up why don't you.

Strangely enough I tested the iPad again a little earlier and it was almost up there with the rest of my devices, so their theory of it being an old iPad went out the window.

No charge for engineer visits should I need one as I have 'Boost' included in my package. https://www.sky.com/broadband

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

All good now with hub being recognised.

Untitledst.jpg
Untitledr.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Stephen on 29 Sep 2020, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Stephen, mine says I am getting 53 mb/s, but the best independent speed tester says I am only getting 38 mb/s, so I would check yours against another one.
However my laptop is via wi-fi although it is perched next to the router so should be quite a good signal.
John

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

If you look on The Children's Off Topic thread you will see my readings from a different tester and clearly shows the difference before the upgrade and after. I've always found the non Sky tester always give you a lower reading.

My Hub is on a extension connected via Ethernet upstairs so I expect the speed to be a bit lower. I'm happy with it though.....at the moment. Early days so time will tell.
Last edited by Stephen on 29 Sep 2020, 17:54, edited 2 times in total.

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Change in the weather today no blue sky, heavy rain ☔ jackets and wellies for the dog's walk this morning and she had her coat on as well she doesn't like getting it put on tries to hide😂

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Sunny here with white cloud.

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Sunny here today no jacket required for lunch time walk :)

And I'm the winner on here as I'm in front of all you slow coaches ;)

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

It's been tipping it down all day here, and still is. And not much better tomorrow. Dire
Last edited by Stephen on 02 Oct 2020, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

My husband only managed to play golf today the rest of the week it was too wet apart from Tuesday when we took our dog for a day out to Culross and Devilla Forrest. I think it's forecast for more rain tomorrow.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Another wet and windy day in South Wales - yesterday was awful and today no better - it's going to be another long day :roll:. Can't go anywhere anyway as my county is in lockdown although yesterday the First Minister allowed us single person households to become part of another bubble in the area and actually go indoors - whoopee :sarcasm:
Janis

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Jan Rosser wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 09:27
Another wet and windy day in South Wales - yesterday was awful and today no better - it's going to be another long day :roll:. Can't go anywhere anyway as my county is in lockdown although yesterday the First Minister allowed us single person households to become part of another bubble in the area and actually go indoors - whoopee :sarcasm:
That was a good idea from Mark, maybe Boris will grant the same exemption in the UK, although a widowed good friend of ours has already applied this to her 2 son's families, although maybe the child care exemption does already permit this, who knows, probably not Boris.
John

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Shock horror :shock: the sun has decided to make an appearance after a wet start.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

towny44 wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 10:02
Jan Rosser wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 09:27
That was a good idea from Mark, maybe Boris will grant the same exemption in the UK, although a widowed good friend of ours has already applied this to her 2 son's families, although maybe the child care exemption does already permit this, who knows, probably not Boris.
Problem I've got John is my youngest son lives up in the north west and the other in Luxembourg so they don't qualify anyway as they don't live in my county. There are so many lockdown areas now it affects everybody really - my sister is going to have the pleasure of my company - she is the only eligible person in the area - isn't she lucky :lol:
Janis

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Yes she is, you can both have a good moan about things and let off steam ;)

We managed to take our dog her morning walk but it's heavy rain now. My husband said why don't we go and have a look at new TV's ended up buying one I didn't know we needed one :crazy: :lol:

Return to “Games”