Last One to Post Wins

Keep all games together

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Last One to Post Wins

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Mushy peas.for me.

And as for those who have curry sauce on their chips. Yuk.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

We used to have a butchers shop in town where they sold “chitterlings” - my father loved anything like that :sick: I think pig’s intestines was the main ingredient - no doubt Ray will enlighten us although I’m not sure I really want to know :lolno:
Janis

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Why do IT people feel the need to dabble? The latest Windows 10 update includes a new version of the Edge Browser. I've yet to spot any improvement. But is no longer possible to pin your favourites list to the side of the screen so that it remains visible. So to get here requires one extra click if I'm no the home page, two if I'm on any other. What a pain.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 14:35
Why do IT people feel the need to dabble? The latest Windows 10 update includes a new version of the Edge Browser. I've yet to spot any improvement. But is no longer possible to pin your favourites list to the side of the screen so that it remains visible. So to get here requires one extra click if I'm no the home page, two if I'm on any other. What a pain.
I had the new improved Edge downloaded a week or so back, I have ignored it and will continue with Firefox ...
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I'm still using Windows 7. Support or no support it works for me. If it ain't broke then don't fix it

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 14:46
I had the new improved Edge downloaded a week or so back, I have ignored it and will continue with Firefox ...
I wondered what that strange new icon on my taskbar was, it seems not much like an any e I have ever seen.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Yes I understand that. Still seems stupid if you are "upgrading" a product that contains a preferred element you "downgrade" that element in the interests of progress!

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 15:53
Yes I understand that. Still seems stupid if you are "upgrading" a product that contains a preferred element you "downgrade" that element in the interests of progress!
Are you certain it's not still available, but needs activating or something. There will probably be a MS help forum that might help you.
Last edited by towny44 on 02 Jul 2020, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

towny44 wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 15:57

Are you certain it's not still available, but needs activating or something. There will probably be a MS help forum that might help you.
Yes, certain. I've done a Google search which has throw up a number of forum discussions about it. Hopefully, since some of those forums belong to MS, they might do something about it.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

towny44 wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 15:22
I wondered what that strange new icon on my taskbar was, it seems not much like an any e I have ever seen.
A bit like a big blue maggot with a green head I thought, hover mousey over and it says ' Microsoft Edge '.

I raised a Topic on this a while back, I will try to locate it and bump it up for comment from D63 etc :thumbup:

ps ... Windows 7 is ok but is exposed to viruses / trojans if one uses non certificted web sites :wtf:

Last edited by Manoverboard on 02 Jul 2020, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

It happens as a matter of course ... it is untested and will be fixed at the next update is my thinking. Another good reason not to use it straight away.
Last edited by Manoverboard on 02 Jul 2020, 16:11, edited 2 times in total.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Manoverboard wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 16:09

It happens as a matter of course ... it is untested and will be fixed at the next update is my thinking. Another good reason not to use it straight away.
Probably so. I knew it was coming so delayed my update as long as possible in the hope any issues would have been fixed. To be fair it's not unworkable as one of their previous updates was. But it's inconvenient.
Last edited by Mervyn and Trish on 02 Jul 2020, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 13:17
Mushy peas.for me.

And as for those who have curry sauce on their chips. Yuk.
We've just eaten an 8 hours in the making Chicken Madras with Pilau Rice and Onion Barghees-ish but no chips :angel:

ps ... tis best if you can re post the para about your loss of ' Favorites ' on my ' Browser ' Topic :angel:
Last edited by Manoverboard on 02 Jul 2020, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Jan Rosser wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 13:25
We used to have a butchers shop in town where they sold “chitterlings” - my father loved anything like that :sick: I think pig’s intestines was the main ingredient - no doubt Ray will enlighten us although I’m not sure I really want to know :lolno:
Yes, you are correct Jan. It's the guts of the pig, but because of the strict need for ensuring it is fit for human consumption it is not readily available as it was years ago. Prefer it to tripe.
As for all the chat about windows 10 and blue maggots with yellow heads, I think I will leave that to Merv and Moby thank you.
Don't worry, be happy

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Ray B wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 18:24
Jan Rosser wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 13:25
Yes, you are correct Jan. It's the guts of the pig, but because of the strict need for ensuring it is fit for human consumption it is not readily available as it was years ago. Prefer it to tripe.
As for all the chat about windows 10 and blue maggots with yellow heads, I think I will leave that to Merv and Moby thank you.

:sick: You sure you don't have some French in you, apart from wine Ray. They'll eat anything.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Prefer it to tripe ... and blue maggots with yellow heads ....
One and the same I would have thought :sick: :lol:

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Manoverboard wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 07:14

Have you ever tried fried pigs ear or bulls bollocks in a sauce when in Spain, yummy.
Offel can be very tasty like shin, liver and kidney plus Hagis, it's there to enjoy.
On a plus note, good news for Jan, from Monday she will be able to meet with her family.
Hope it is a good day for you Jan. :thumbup:
Don't worry, be happy

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Ray B wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 10:02
Manoverboard wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 07:14

Have you ever tried fried pigs ear or bulls bollocks in a sauce when in Spain, yummy.
Offel can be very tasty like shin, liver and kidney plus Hagis, it's there to enjoy.
On a plus note, good news for Jan, from Monday she will be able to meet with her family.
Hope it is a good day for you Jan. :thumbup:
Thanks Ray but not a simple journey to either son - very few flights to Luxembourg to no. 1 son and a car journey of nearly 190 miles to my other son - just no way I’d go on the train. Lots of things to consider but at least there is the option to travel :thumbup:
Janis

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Ray B wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 10:02
Offel can be very tasty like shin, liver and kidney plus Hagis, it's there to enjoy ......
We're deffo aok with items like Pig's Cheek, Calves Liver and Steak 'n' Kidney Pie and Spanish Tapas slices for inclusion in Pasta dishes plus Paella various of course but that's deffo it on the offal front. Bollocks are surely best saved for talking not eating ... ;)

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Jan Rosser wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 10:19
Thanks Ray but not a simple journey to either son - very few flights to Luxembourg to no. 1 son and a car journey of nearly 190 miles to my other son - just no way I’d go on the train. Lots of things to consider but at least there is the option to travel :thumbup:
We are in the same boat but it kind of makes us feel a little happier to think that the day we could meet up is getting ever closer, even if it isn't - ish. Does that make sense ?

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Manoverboard wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 10:57
Jan Rosser wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 10:19
We are in the same boat but it kind of makes us feel a little happier to think that the day we could meet up is getting ever closer, even if it isn't - ish. Does that make sense ?
Yes I know what you mean Moby ;)
Janis

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Our conundrum is that as things ease the local school's are actually shutting for the summer hols, even for key workers. So we are faced with occasional child care duties again. It's going to mean a couple of overnight sleepovers here in mid-July. Which is making us slightly nervous. Not because of our daughter, who works in a care home, because they are currently Covid-free after two rounds of testing, and the staff are now going to be tested weekly. Rather because of her estranged husband who hasn't a clue what social distancing means and has had the neighbour's kids round to his house regularly. And actually we are still hoping we might be able to go on holiday with the girls to a cottage at the end of July. So it is only a week earlier than we were thinking anyway.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Back on the radio from 7am this morning, from home courtesy of this bit of kit
106713293_10221808632627690_5359388922862741665_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 07:38
Back on the radio from 7am this morning ....
Thank goodness for that, when I spotted your pre 11:00am post in another place I thought you'de wet the bed :wave:

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Been at my "studio" since 6am. The dog was very surprised to see me.

Return to “Games”