Cabin Reviews - Arcadia

Discussions about anything related to Arcadia

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Cabin Reviews - Arcadia

Post by JenniC »

Following a suggestion from a member we have set up this thread for Cabin Reviews under each of the About "Ship" sections so please feel free to add your review.

To facilitate the search for a particular cabin it would be helpful when adding a review if you try and post in the standard format as recommended below. To assist you can copy and paste this format into your post and then complete as required. However, ALL reviews in whatever format are welcome :thumbup:

Cabin Number:
Overall Rating: 1* to 5*****
Cleanliness: 1* to 5*****
Furnishings: 1* to 5*****
Balcony: 1* to 5*****
Bathroom: 1* to 5*****
Stability: 1* to 5*****
Quiet Cabin?: 1* to 5*****
Comments:

If you have any pictures of the cabin you would like to share, please upload to the Gallery and post the link in your review.
Pictures regarding the obstructed cabins on all the ships can be located on here ...
https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet ... ted-views/

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Jenni

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Cabin Reviews

Post by GillD46 »

Cabin Number: D180
Overall Rating: 5*****
Cleanliness: 4****
Furnishings: 3***
Balcony: 5*****
Bathroom: 5*****
Stability: 5*****
Quiet Cabin?: 5*****

We have had this cabin on several occasions both before and after the expanding of the Aquarius deck, and would go so far as to say it is our favourite on Arcadia.

Cleanliness has varied, but is generally acceptable. The furnishings last time were poor, very chipped and marked. The bathroom is good with double basins and separate bath and shower and the dressing room we have always found very useful.

Located at the stern is exactly what we like and we have never found stability to be an issue. It is very quiet.

The best thing about this cabin is it's enormous balcony, which these days is completely covered.

If booking on Arcadia again, we would definitely try and book this cabin.
Gill

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Cabin Number: E180/B148/B165
Overall Rating: 4****
Furnishings: 4****

These cabins are well placed, quiet, stable and with large, partly shaded balconies. They have had varying degrees of cleanliness and furnishings have sometimes been worn and chipped.
Gill

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Peter D »

Cabin Number: A99
Quiet Cabin?: 4****

Stateroom with Balcony: This was our very first stateroom on our very first cruise in 2008. Very impressed, beautifully presented and fairly spacious.

Was a little apprehensive about some reviews regarding the noise from the Belvedere Restaurant, however, whilst there was some noise of chairs being moved during the day it was quiet at night.

Photos: http://www.cruise-community.me.uk/galle ... lbum_id=63
Regards

Peter

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Peter D »

Regards

Peter

Mr-big-bits-mk2
Third Officer
Third Officer

Re: Cabin Reviews - Arcadia

Post by Mr-big-bits-mk2 »

Cabin A160.

Balcony: 5*****+
Bathroom: 4****
Stability: 3***
Quiet Cabin?: 3***

It's been a while but this is my fav cabin so far. The room itself is fine, not the biggest suite inside but it has a massive balcony with room for 20 plus people that wraps around the stern of the ship allowing you to see both to the rear and around the side.

Being at the aft means in BOB it does go up and down a lot and can be a little noisy as it's right under a public area, you get the noise of chairs being dragged in the mornings and music at other times.

You'll find dropped Ciggy packets in the morning were people have dropped them by accident, handy for any smokers. You can also enjoy comments from people in the public area above when you here them comment about the size of your balcony.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Cabin E182

Stability: 3***
Quiet Cabin: 4****

Overall, we were very pleased with this cabin. The cabin was as expected on Arcadia.
The size of the balcony was excellent and we had many breakfasts and lunches on it.

The only slight negative was a bit of vibration when at a certain speed. We had to make up time due to fog and when the Arcadia got a lick on, the right side of the balcony screen vibrated.
I went outside and wedged a map of Santa Cruz into the gap to stop it. ( I guess you could use any map) :sarcasm:
Empty vessels .. and all that

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Cabin No. B42 (a minisuite)
Overall rating:5*****
Cleanliness: 5*****
Quiet Cabin: 5*****

Comments: I was very impressed with this minisuite. I have been in one of the aft suites before so it was interesting to see the difference. I was cruising with a friend - her first time and she thought it was fantastic. It was one of the cheaper minisuites just by the forward lifts. I was a little concerned as to whether it would be noisy so near the lifts but it turned out to be a real bonus. Out of the lift, round the corner and we were there. We had the beds made up as twins and there was still a lot of room. I gave the furnishings a 4* just really because of the drawers. I realise that if we encounter rough weather it is good that they do not slide open easily but these were as though they were stuck with superglue when closed. They were incredibly difficult to open. I thought at first that one drawer was not really a drawer as I couldn't get it open but when I tried with both hands it opened. They were all like that.

The bathroom had two sinks - useful with two women travelling together. Lots of hanging room, and had all the usual extras - fizz, flowers, chocolate, magazines, binoculars, daily canapés, iron and ironing board. The settee was extremely comfortable.

Carole

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Cabin Number: B044 (right next door to Carole's !)

Cleanliness: 5*****

Comments: This was the third or fourth time we have had this particular cabin and its location just aft of the forward stairway is ideal. Despite this, it has always been extremely quiet. Quite a hike to the MDR but it helps build an appetite ! Then, it is just down the stairs from the Crow's Nest or up from the theatre and into bed ! The cabin is located in a run of suites and mini suites so we tend to find you get a tried-and-tested cabin steward and have never had the slightest cause for complaint about cleanliness or service.

I give it 4* for furnishings and bathroom only because, like much of the ship, it is beginning to look a little tired but this will hopefully be addressed at the re-fit in November.

During our stay (July 2013) all of the balcony furniture throughout the ship was in the process of being changed from the old wooden stuff to some nice modern tubular framed chairs with matching footstool and table. This cabin already had the new items but there was some grumbling elsewhere that the balcony furniture "disappeared" on the last sea day, no doubt to be replaced durning the turnaround in Southampton.

Can't wait to move back into B44 again (although quite when remains to be seen!) :(

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Frank Manning »

Cabin Number:E145
Overall Rating: 5
Cleanliness: 4.5
Furnishings: 4
Balcony: 5
Bathroom: 5
Stability: 5
Quiet Cabin?: 5
Comments: We did the Sydney to Southampton leg of J301 in this cabin and found it to be very satisfactory. Location was excellent despite proximity to the lifts, there was little noise, and it is very convenient for the Meridian Restaurant, and for the Prom Deck. A days camel ride to the theatre, but the exercise was welcome. Our steward was first class. My only minor criticism is that the TV is small screen and poor repro, also the choice of programmes and the info from the bridge pages especially chart reproduction, are not so good.
We had a superbly located table in the Meridian top floor right by a stern window, glorious Pacific sunsets, and sail out under the golden gate bridge.
Still prefer Aurora, but would go with Arcadia again for the itinerary.

Anneke13
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Anneke13 »

We did travel. In cabin 171b deck on the arcadia. Realy a wonderfull cabin. Enough space for everything
As we did make a cruise on a duch ship (i am duch) the cabins were not good at all and the service bad as well so we prefer p&o

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Cabin Number: B150
Overall Rating: 5*
Cleanliness: 5*
Furnishings: 4*
Balcony: 5*
Bathroom: 5*
Stability: 4*
Quiet Cabin?: 5*

The cabin is on the Very aft of the ship so the view is of the wake. Huge balcony and bigger cabin than the balcony cabins on the port or starboard sides.
I only gave the furnishings a 4* because there is no drawer in the dressing table and only a strange shaped cupboard next to it. The cabin lacks drawer space and we used our cases left under the bed to store underwear and swim wear.

The stability at the aft is not as good as midships but only slightly. I would not hesitate to book this cabin again.

Sue

whycantibecruising
Cadet
Cadet

Post by whycantibecruising »

cabin no s2
overall rating 5*
cleanliness 5*
furnishings 5*
balcony 4*
bathroom 4.5*
location 5*
stability 5*
quiet cabin 4*
This was the new mini suite on sun deck.
Mark downs were, balcony was very long and not too deep. As there was nothing above us, no protection from the sun.
Balcony hangs out from the ship, so if you do not have a very good head for heights-do not book it. Its 10 decks up.
Bathroom , well all other mini suites have a bath. This did not. It has a very nice shower, but I am a bath lady, so it loses 1/2 point.
We did wonder how noisy it would be, being so close to the Crows nest. During the day you heard the odd bit of noise from the lift area. I was usually asleep when the CN kicked out after the late night quiz. Never woke me. OH was usually still awake when it kicked out-he said sometimes it was quite noisy....not every night.
Would we book it again-at the drop of a hat, even without a bath. I have looked at the midships mini suites and I do not think they are as big as this one. I think it is suite size-at mini suite price.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

B14

An inside cabin near to the front of the ship. This cabin came under the cheaper fare price. I have never had an inside on Arcadia before but was very impressed. It was larger than I thought it would be ( comparing it to Oceana inside cabins). I had requested twin beds even though it was only me I find it gives you more space when the beds are against the wall. Usual standard fittings, the only thing I really disliked was the huge television on the desk taking up most of the space. Bathroom large as well with what seemed like a new shower curtain.

The cabin was spotless and was kept immaculately by our cabin steward.

Would recommend this cabin. Not too far from the lifts. Easy to walk up the stairs to the crows nest.

On our Baltic cruise next July we are on E deck but if we had not already booked I would have gone for this again.

Lindsey

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

Cabin Number: B27
Overall Rating: 4
Cleanliness: 5
Furnishings: 5
Bathroom: 4 Spotlessly clean - but showing signs of wear.
Stability: 4 (high up, forward)
Quiet Cabin?: 5
Comments: The Belvedere (for breakfast, lunch, and sometimes dinner) was around 250 yds away, and up 2 flights of stairs: - which may be why I actually LOST weight on that cruise.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Cabin Number: E191
Overall Rating: 5
Cleanliness: 5
Furnishings: 5
Bathroom: 4
Stability: 4 - AFT overlooking the wake
Quiet Cabin: 5
Comments - Loved it. Large balcony with the sun on it all the way back. The only negative is that it's a long way from the front.
Empty vessels .. and all that

RB1961
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by RB1961 »

A132

This cabin is right by the stern lifts. No issue with noise and all kept clean and tidy by a very efficient cabin steward.
Plenty of hanging and draw space.
We would have this cabin again if we went back on Arcadia.

RB

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

How big are the standard balconies on Port or Starboard compared to let’s say Ventura/Azura.
Mel

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Ok, weve gone and booked HK to Dubai, March 2023.
Got Cabin A162, Aft Balcony.
Anyone been in this or any idea what it could be like.?
Mel

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Been in aft cabin on e deck. The cabins are much larger than normal. The balconies are a good size enough room for 2 decent sized chairs and a small table.
Have booked the aft cabin again for next July and October.
Sorry not been in one on a deck.

Lindsey

Return to “About Arcadia”