Arcadia cabins

Discussions about anything related to Arcadia

Topic author
Jill01
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Arcadia cabins

Post by Jill01 »

Just after a bit of advice regarding cabin positions. Thinking of booking Baltic cruise in June, the cabins being offered are on E deck above the Meridian. Wondered if anyone had stayed in these cabins and is there much noise, also do you get much propeller noise/vibration near the back of a ship. Don't have very much cruising experience as this would only be our second one, our first cabin was near the front on the Adonia.

Any help would be much appreciated.

MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Arcadia cabins

Post by MicheleW »

Hi Jill,

We've been on Arcadia a couple of times now and always had a cabin on E Deck - but not at the back. We find it a very convenient deck for all the bars and the promenade deck. I don't think that Arcadia has much of a problem with a judder at the rear - we've never noticed it when dining anyway. I know a lot of people love the aft facing cabins on Arcadia and I'm sure someone will have more experience of them.

Michele

JohnTheDog
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by JohnTheDog »

The only time we experienced vibration was at full speed (rare) & when docking, but we were on "B" deck. Our favourite cabins are aft balconies on Arcadia.

Topic author
Jill01
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jill01 »

Thanks for the replies will probably book in the morning.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Stayed in one of the aft cabins on Arcadia on E deck with very little problems. Te only minor issue was a slight vibration which caused the glasses to rattle a bit in the night but that was easily resolved by puttinf a paper coaster under each glass.

There was no noise at all from the restaurant and would certainly have one again.

Topic author
Jill01
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jill01 »

All sounds good, so booked this morning.

Thank you.

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

I think that on Arcadia we were either on B or C deck (it wasn't A deck, and not D or E deck); and we really enjoyed the aft suites - didn't really notice much 'judder' except during dinner one evening.

Have a great cruise.

Em :)

Return to “About Arcadia”