Melsea's New Adventures coming soon....J405

Reports about cruises on Arcadia

Topic author
melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Melsea's New Adventures coming soon....J405

Post by melsea »

Well it's almost here and my bedroom and spare room are looking like a bombs hit it or a tornado has ripped through it, can't decide yet. Tried on clothes a couple of weeks ago and not a pretty sight when things have shrunk, so a smaller selection of dresses to pack which is not a bad thing as I usually take too many. Fortunately casual and day wear are okay so more room them of instead.

Bit of progress in the paperwork syndrome, labels all done check, e tickets done check, hotel details check. This morning I booked a 2 day tour for St Petersburg with TJ Tours for myself. Now I can concentrate on the rest of my packing, OH does his own packing he'll do that two days before.

Really can't wait for this cruise, all excited we are even though we have done a load of days of cruising. It's like going away for the first time even more so as we have never sailed on Arcadia.

4 sleeps to go...

Melsea

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Melsea's New Adventures coming soon....J405

Post by Dancing Queen »

Have a great time, I shall look forward to another of your excellent reviews.

Bon Voyage :wave: :wave:
Jo

Dennis The Menace
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Dennis The Menace »

What she (DQ ) said :)

Can't wait :)

Topic author
melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Thanks DQ & DTM

No pressure then.

DTM,
I bought the kindle version of your book, a very good read so far. The intro example they provided of the 9/11 was definitely a 'you couldn't make it up' story. How do you go about publishing a book these days, did you DIY it? If so how????!!!!

Back to the packing, now where shall I put all my shoes???

Melsea

Dennis The Menace
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Dennis The Menace »

Thanks Mel, glad you're enjoying it :)

The actual (self) publishing of the book was relatively easy in the end. On the advice of a friend I used Createspace, a sister company of Amazon, which then meant conversion into Kindle was quite straight forward too.

I've said to a few people that, once I've had a bit of a rest , I'll do a thread on "so you want to write a book", but if you need any more info in the meantime then let me know. I would urge everyone to try to do it at least once.

Have a great cruise :)

Return to “Arcadia Cruise Reports”