Topic author
melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Melsea's Adventures of 3 boats & a Heatwave.. Part 5

Post by melsea »

22nd May Sea Day

Another sunny and warm day.

Today was going to be a busy day for me.
In the morning I went to the Hydro pool, sauna /steam room. I have got to say it was brilliant. The Hydropool had about 3 people in it. The various jets of water coming out were excellent especially the ones I used for my feet as I did rather walk a lot in Klaipeda and like Bruges they have a lot of cobbled paving and roads, not good on the old pins as I have bunions on both my feet which fortunately are not too troublesome but none the less can hurt some times. The other aspects of the sauna and steam room were good too including the tiled lounger like seat which is heated underneath you. This I used after the Hydropool and then I went into each of the steam rooms. The first was dry heat and I sat in there for about 8 minutes, then moved onto a hotter room that was not dry heat and I managed about 4 minutes. Then it was to the hottest room of them all, I managed 2 minutes! Don't know how anyone stands it any longer. I like to use them so as to get the pores of my face open and help it to be cleansed. Once I had showered and got dressed back in the ladies changing room I felt very light, as if I was walking on air. For me the Hydropool works very well for me. It wasn't long before it was time for lunch which we had in the Belvedere. Then at just before 2pm I was off to the Art class which was being held in the Globe room. I missed the first class yesterday so I felt like the new girl in the class. The class had started and there seems to be no where for me to sit and see the screen and hear the teacher but I managed to find one place. It was a good class and it's always good to see a different teacher that can teach you something new, which he did, today this was how to draw figures without being to technical.
In the afternoon I went to the salon/spa to have a Fire & Ice pedicure. I have had this before and so I knew what to expect and I also had my toe nails painted as well, something I am not good at doing. As I was leaving a lady afterwards was most displeased with the fact they charged her far more than she was expecting, she had her hair wash & blow dry £53. They start their prices from £36. As she had mid length hair hers cost more. As a result she would be cancelling her next appointment. I can't see why they don't price it as short hair £36, mid length x amount £'s & long hair £'s. Not having had my hair done on board except when I got married, I am unaware of how they do their consultancy but one would have thought they should quote a price before they make an appointment. I always ask the hairdressers I use occasionally at home how much it will cost me. The lady who was miffed didn't even have her hair cut!

The evening dress code was Black Tie and everyone looked looked lovely and enjoying themselves.
As we were arrive for the first of our two days in St.Petersburg tomorrow most people I think were going to bed early as many tours were having to get up early for their tours. My tour which I had booked online with a Russian company had their meet up as between 7-7.30 approx. as they know how their immigration works they work round this. So I was getting up at 6.15 so I could have breakfast in the buffet which was being opened a little earlier than usual as was the main the restaurant.
My adventures in St.Petersburg would be an interesting one as I had never done a tour with a Russian company (other than P&O last year) and so on the advice and recommendations of the good folk on here I shall relay my experience in my next instalment.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Melsea's Adventures of 3 boats & a Heatwave.. Part 5

Post by Gill W »

St Petersburg is worth a two day call.

Very tiring though, on our cruise the afternoon of the second day the ship was deadly quiet, as most passengers were asleep after their exertions

Will look forward to reading more
Gill

Dennis The Menace
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Melsea's Adventures of 3 boats & a Heatwave.. Part 5

Post by Dennis The Menace »

Great stuff Mel :)

Return to “Arcadia Cruise Reports”