Sue Kersh's Epic Adventure

Reports about cruises on Arcadia

gilly88
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Sue Kersh's Epic Adventure

Post by gilly88 »

I have ship lag after 14 nights, :lol: I dread to think what I would feel like after a world cruise! thank you for your reports I loved, loved, loved,them.....is that too many loved? well its true. :clap: :clap:
Last edited by gilly88 on 30 Apr 2017, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
regards gilly.

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

Thank you so much Sue for the wonderful reporting of your "worldie". I loved every minute of it, and looked forward to each posting. All your cruise reports are excellent, but this one exceeded all! Thank you for taking the time to do it.

Best wishes

Maureen

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Thanks to Sue for the reports which I enjoyed very much, particularly when I was on Aurora in February and March. It was interesting to know what was happening on the 'other' world cruise.

I have to say, it boggles my mind that Sue boarded in late December and got back towards the end of April!
Gill

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Thank you for your wonderful reviews, enjoyed reading about your "Epic Adventure".......
Now you're home you can have a rest for a few weeks. I think I read your on another cruise soon:) lucky people!

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Suekersh wrote: 29 Apr 2017, 14:32
Well back home and reality. We had a fantastic cruise and thank you for reading about it and commenting. The memories of the amazing sights will stay with us and will be cherished forever.

Everything was fine at home even the lawn had been mown. The washer has been going virtually non stop.

Getting on the bathroom scales was quite a shock so I was back at the gym and exercise routine this morning. Strict diet now for 7 weeks.

Sue
Let me guess - the 7-week deadline is because you are off on another jolly ?!

kaymar wrote: 29 Apr 2017, 15:31
Welcome home, Sue and thank you for all the time and effort you have put into your reports over the last four months - they have been very readable.

I don't believe the bit about the bathroom scales, though, after early morning exercise classes almost every day - unless, perhaps, it was all that tonic water? ;)
Should have gone for Slimline !!
Last edited by qbman1 on 02 May 2017, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

qbman1 wrote: 02 May 2017, 09:43
Suekersh wrote: 29 Apr 2017, 14:32
Well back home and reality. We had a fantastic cruise and thank you for reading about it and commenting. The memories of the amazing sights will stay with us and will be cherished forever.

Everything was fine at home even the lawn had been mown. The washer has been going virtually non stop.

Getting on the bathroom scales was quite a shock so I was back at the gym and exercise routine this morning. Strict diet now for 7 weeks.

Sue
Let me guess - the 7-week deadline is because you are off on another jolly ?!

kaymar wrote: 29 Apr 2017, 15:31
Welcome home, Sue and thank you for all the time and effort you have put into your reports over the last four months - they have been very readable.

I don't believe the bit about the bathroom scales, though, after early morning exercise classes almost every day - unless, perhaps, it was all that tonic water? ;)
Should have gone for Slimline !!
Yes off to the Baltics on Arcadia on 18 June and yes I am blaming the tonics. I took lots of slimline with me and managed to keep stocking up with slimline until after Sydney. After that it was hard enough to get Schweppes but slimline was impossible.

I have been hitting the gym daily for the last week and the exercise classes. I put on 10 kg over the 4 months and have managed to lose 2 1/2 kg this last week. That will be mainly fluid so it will get harder from now on.

The daily reports were not time consuming as I write them to email them to my family to keep in touch and let my Dad know where we are up to ( He still worries about me). It was DTM and David that did the hard work tendering across. DTM has offered to do the same again for the Baltic cruise if anyone is interested. I have never been to any of these ports before except for Copenhagen and it is Kiel Canal week whilst we are there. I just hope the weather is as good as others who have been there have said it will be. I am still thinking of packing my fleece, gloves and Russian (fake)fur hat.

Sue

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Yep, love to hear your Baltic reports. We did it in early July a couple of years back and the weather was fantastic but you had better take the Fox Hat just in case !

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Sue,
Beware I'm on the same Baltic cruise as you :thumbup: that means I won't need to do a review as you do them so well!
I have been on two previous Baltic cruises and loved them both the last one was on Arcadia May 2014. We had lovely hot sunny weather on both of the previous Baltic cruises hoping for more of the same but shall take a fleece etc and hope we won't need them. There shall be two new ports for us on this cruise Skagan & Kiel. Only six weeks to go.....

rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by rita17 »

Have really enjoyed following your world cruise Sue. Thank you so much.

Rita

DANCER
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by DANCER »

i so enjoyed your reports and felt a connection still with Arcadia . We were onboard S'hampton -Sydney

Jeffrey and Brenda were the joy of our trip , we chose specifically because of them . We are "would be dancers" and always admired your expertise and Yes, we too enjoy the Formal nights. I hope we meet you on a future cruise, I admire your constant "keep fit" regime , so vital
It must take a great adapting time on dry land after such a wonderful voyage . Your news ,always so perfectly written
Many thanks Jeanne Andrews

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Happydays wrote: 05 May 2017, 20:54
Sue,
Beware I'm on the same Baltic cruise as you :thumbup: that means I won't need to do a review as you do them so well!
I have been on two previous Baltic cruises and loved them both the last one was on Arcadia May 2014. We had lovely hot sunny weather on both of the previous Baltic cruises hoping for more of the same but shall take a fleece etc and hope we won't need them. There shall be two new ports for us on this cruise Skagan & Kiel. Only six weeks to go.....
Hi Happy Days ( love the user name) Look forward to meeting up on board. Thanks for the info re the weather. I have checked the long term forecast and it looks reasonable. Yep 6 weeks today we will be boarding Arcadia again.

Sue

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

DANCER wrote: 06 May 2017, 21:40
i so enjoyed your reports and felt a connection still with Arcadia . We were onboard S'hampton -Sydney

Jeffrey and Brenda were the joy of our trip , we chose specifically because of them . We are "would be dancers" and always admired your expertise and Yes, we too enjoy the Formal nights. I hope we meet you on a future cruise, I admire your constant "keep fit" regime , so vital
It must take a great adapting time on dry land after such a wonderful voyage . Your news ,always so perfectly written
Many thanks Jeanne Andrews
Thanks Jeanne. I wish you had let me know on board then we could have had a chat. I am useless at recognising people and were astounded when people came up to me to say that they were reading my reports.

Sue

Return to “Arcadia Cruise Reports”