Azura - glad to be back

Discussions about anything related to Aurora

Topic author
Harriet
Cadet
Cadet

Azura - glad to be back

Post by Harriet »

We have just finished a 7 day break to the Fjords on Azura. Having had a nightmare 3 weeks lasy year on Arcadia with dreadful food and other issues to long to go into, we were a bit worried that standards across the fleet would be impacted.

We were delighted with what we found. The embarkation process was excellent and our cases arrived really quickly. The food in the MDR was excellent with vegetables matching the fish/meat, and was hot and of good quality. As expected Sindhu and 17 were both superb.
Despite 1800 first timers and lots of children - which we didnt expect given the destination - the service was excellent, we disnt have to queue for anything.
Also the entertainment was very good and so much going on everyones taste was catered for. In particular the Freddie Mercury Tribute act was outstanding!

So i can say we are now eagerly awaiting our cruise in the Caribbean in November

Oh- only thing from earlier conversation about beds - the bed was hard - more comfy than Arcadia, but if you have back/hip problem and going from Southampton, topper probably a good idea!

Orpheus
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Azura - glad to be back

Post by Orpheus »

Harriet we were on Arcadia in 2007 and I must say that it is not our favorite ship. Ventura in 2011 was superb complete with the best food and service we have ever had on a P&O ship. So really looking forward to Azura in October for comparison. :D

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Glad to hear Azura is doing well, I'm on board for 24 nights next month :D
Gill

Orpheus
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Orpheus »

If that is A322N it looks very nice and when you get back on October 1st I will be waving to you as we get on. :D :thumbup: 8-)

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Orpheus wrote:
If that is A322N it looks very nice and when you get back on October 1st I will be waving to you as we get on. :D :thumbup: 8-)
Yes, we're on A322N.

It'll be the longest cruise we've done to date, and I'm really looking forward to it.

We'll leave Azura in good order for you!
Gill

Orpheus
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Orpheus »

Thanks Gill really appreciate that have a lovely cruise I am sure you will. And if you get a coffee in Java don't forget your free cake that goes with it. :D :thumbup: 8-)

Return to “About Aurora”