Aurora - February - March 2017 - Two legs of a world cruise

Reports about cruises on Aurora

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Aurora - February - March 2017 - Two legs of a world cruise

Post by Happydays »

Thank you for taking the time to post your cruise diary. I have enjoyed reading about your experiences some of the places we've been to but as "land" tours/holidays interesting to read about going via a cruise.
Enjoy being home again:)

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Jill,

Just caught up with your diary. Lovely to hear how the Aurora cruise went and your posts from Adelaide and Melbourne brought back memories from our cruise in 2014.

Sue

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Well .... it certainly took me a while to read it all, I waited until I was able to read it all the way through.

Odd that the reading of cruise reports is, for me anyway, divided into three parts ...

1. Places that we have been to are the most interesting and I love to compare our collective experiences.

2. Places that we haven't been to but have a connection with us in some way, for example we met a couple on two different UK barging holidays ( in consecutive years ) who live on Kangaroo Island. We also have friends in Adelaide and Sydney plus rellies in Melbourne and even Java at one time.

3. Of least interest at the outset are the places we haven't been to because they were not on our originally extensive bucket list or such-a-body had put us off going there.

Your cruise was extremely interesting and diverse given the different cultures that you engaged with, we used to do Worldie segments but cannot right now so I am a tad envious if truth be told.

Thanks very much indeed for talking the time and trouble to share your report with us.

:thumbup: :wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

I still think about this cruise a lot, far more than I would for a 'normal' cruise. It was indeed very diverse, and went amazingly quickly.

Hope you get a chance to do some longer cruises again in the future, Moby
Gill

Return to “Aurora Cruise Reports”