Aurora R301

Aurora cruises in 2013

Topic author
Noon Day Gun
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Aurora R301

Post by Noon Day Gun »

Joining for Dubai - Soton leg. Interested in advice/input; flights by Emirates via LGW and their hold baggage rules specifically if the 30kg limit can be 2 or must be only 1 piece; visa process at Dubai; what P&O service is given from airport to ship and how the time is killed prior to boarding; duty free availability at airport for inbound and currency used.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Aurora R301

Post by Quizzical Bob »

We are also on this leg flying out a few days early on BA LHR-DBX. I have paid £25 each for an extra two cases at 23Kg maximum. We have stopped off in Dubai on a previous flying trip and there was no need for a visa but I was asked if we had a hotel booked so I would keep the travel documents handy. The local currency is Dirhams but they all take US$ including the taxis. We have P&O transfers booked from the airport to the hotel and later to the ship. I assume they work like all the others, look out for somebody with a name board.

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

We flew into Dubai a couple of years ago. Not a huge problem, but I recall that the immigration queues were quite slow for non-nationals.

Our hotel provided a taxi, which we pre-paid for. If you've booked a package including flights, then surely your transfer will be included?

Alan Janice White
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Alan Janice White »

We are both on the Mumbai - Southampton leg, but we are flying to Delhi prior to boarding and doing the P&O. (pre - cruise) Tour, which takes in Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore, etc. Was wondering if anyone else is on this trip.

If not see you all on board ship.

Alan.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

We sailed into Dubai this time last year as part of a Wordie Segment and the transfer to the Hyatt Regency was included but the organisation, or lack thereof, at the Hotel itself was a total fiasco so I hope there will not be too many of you checking in / out at the same time.

On the way ' out ' I was able to purchase, at the Airport Duty Free, 2 x 1 litre bottles of Bombay Gin for £20 equiv.

Taxis, unlike everything else, are cheap and will accept $US but it is best to check before driving off.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Hello Alan Janice White
Great to see you on here. Have a terrific time. We have two friend couples on Aurora we know, Jim & Marjorie Patterson, think you know them from the Bridge class games and Brian & Lorraine Ford who were at our party you attended. If you bump into any of them them say hello.

All is well here. Take care

Mel

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Hi Manoverboard,

We are staying in Dubai for three nights before embarking from the Hyatt. Could you please elaborate on the problems a d is there any advice you could offer to smooth the process?

Return to “Aurora Cruises 2013”