Cabin Reviews - Azura

Discussions about anything related to Azura

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Cabin Reviews - Azura

Post by JenniC »

Following a suggestion from a member we have set up this thread for Cabin Reviews under each of the About "Ship" sections so please feel free to add your review.

To facilitate the search for a particular cabin it would be helpful when adding a review if you try and post in the standard format as recommended below. To assist you can copy and paste this format into your post and then complete as required. However, ALL reviews in whatever format are welcome :thumbup:

Cabin Number:
Overall Rating: 1* to 5*****
Cleanliness: 1* to 5*****
Furnishings: 1* to 5*****
Balcony: 1* to 5*****
Bathroom: 1* to 5*****
Stability: 1* to 5*****
Quiet Cabin?: 1* to 5*****
Comments:

If you have any pictures of the cabin you would like to share, please upload to the Gallery and post the link in your review.
Pictures regarding the obstructed cabins on all the ships can be located on here ...
https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet ... ted-views/

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Jenni

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Cabin Reviews

Post by GillD46 »

Cabin Number: c749
Overall Rating: 5*****
Cleanliness: 4****
Furnishings: 5*****
Balcony: 5*****
Bathroom: 5*****
Stability: 5*****
Quiet Cabin?: 5*****

We were happy with this cabin. It has a split bathroom- wash basin and loo in one room, bath and shower in the other room, although I can't understand why P&O don't offer a loo in each, which would be far more useful. It was reasonably clean and the furnishings were in pretty good condition.

The balcony was large by Azura's standards and overlooked the wake. There was no movement and although we got plenty of sun, we also had lots of shade.

Being at the stern meant quite a walk, but that is a positive for us. Overall, I would book this cabin again, were I booking Azura.
Last edited by GillD46 on 29 Mar 2014, 09:46, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Requested by OP
Gill

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Cabin Reviews

Post by CaroleF »

Just to say we were in the same cabin - C749 - as Gill, the two weeks before she was there and I would agree with everything she has said. So, I won't repeat it all!

Carole

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: Cabin Reviews - Azura A302

Post by towny44 »

Cabin Number: A302
Overall Rating: 4*
Cleanliness: 4.5*
Furnishings: 4*
Balcony: 3.5*
Bathroom: 4*
Stability: 5*
Quiet Cabin?: 5*

Comments:
I knew that accessible balcony cabins were 50% wider than normal ones but had not realised how much bigger this would make them feel. The standard walk in closet/wardrobe on Grand Princess Class ships is missing and even though the bathroom is bigger than normal this still leaves an extremely spacious bedroom area. Behind the large door is a space large enough to park the wheelchair, then a 4 door wardrobe with 75% of it for full length hanging space with a shelf above and the other has about 5 or 6 narrow shelves plus the cabin safe. The rest of that wall has a counter with the tea and coffee equipment etc. with the fridge and a cupboard underneath and above it the TV. , then the kneehole for the vanity area; on the bedhead wall there are 2 four drawer units both with an open shelf under the units top. And if you can fill all the wardrobes, cupboards and drawers, then you are taking too many clothes on holiday. The bathroom has a drop down shower seat; there are grab rails on the 2 walls and a shower curtain round the open sides. There is very limited shelf space around the sink and no cupboards anywhere, this is about the only downside though, and the picture of a Ventura wheelchair cabin on the website does not really do justice to the size and quality of the bathroom. The balcony, of course, is also 50% wider and this certainly makes it feel roomier. Our cabin was on A deck but I am looking forward sometime to booking a C deck cabin which with its double depth balcony and the extra length should feel very spacious.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Mad4cruising
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Cabin Reviews - Azura

Post by Mad4cruising »

Cabin Number: L227
Overall Rating: 5*
Cleanliness: 4*
Balcony: 5*

Comments: We booked this cruise on a getaway deal, so had no choice over our cabin except the grade. Expecting somewhere really low down or with an obstructed view, we were pleasantly surprised. It was in a very quiet location, very little passengers walking past at all, but very handy to be out on deck or to visit the buffet restaurant. Directly above was the spa reception area so no noise overhead at all. The balcony was brilliant especially at Sailaway being just behind the bridge wing. Our steward Ranjith was excellent, the cabin and bathroom was kept really clean, with plenty of towel sculptures too. There was the usual large hanging rail with shelf above, plenty of room for shoes below, and the tall cupboard with safe inside and shelves. Just one small chip in the shower tray, which I suppose comes with the wear and tear element of a ship of this age. Overall we would definitely have a cabin in this location again.

We were on the Caribbean cruise A304N - 7th - 21st February 2013.

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Cabin Number: C735
Overall Rating: 5*
Cleanliness: 5*
Furnishings: 5*
Balcony: 5*
Stability: 4*
Quiet Cabin?: 4*

When we booked this cruise we knew we wanted a C deck starboard cabin to ensure any sun there was was on our balcony for the transatlantic back from the Caribbean. We had stayed in C deck previously so knew the balcony was approx twice the size of Aand B deck. There wasn't much choice left and C735 was further aft that we had sailed before.
The cabin was spotlessly clean and kept so by our fabulous cabin steward Rowena. The queen size bed was very comfy and the shower room although very compact was clean.
The balcony was fantastic. Full sun from 06:30 to late afternoon. Sheltered from the wind.
We would book aft again to get a C deck balcony but there is more vibration in the cabin compared to mid ships. It is a quiet area of the ship as there were only 2 or 3 cabins further aft so not many pax going past.

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Peter D »

Cabin Number: C254
Overall Rating: 5*****
Cleanliness: 5*****
Furnishings: 5****
Balcony: 6******
Bathroom: 4****

It is a good size, queen bed, 2 bedside tables, 1 TV, small dressing table, 2 chairs, fridge and the usual tea making facilities. Walk in wardrobe had ample hanging space and a full length cupboard with shelves and safe. The bathroom, other than you could not swing a cat in there had a sink and shower with pamper pack. The balcony is very large, the largest of all the normal staterooms with balconies and had 2 reclining chairs, 2 foot stools and a side table.

It is ideally placed for the lifts and there is a laundrette just up the corridor.

Link to photos: http://www.cruise-community.me.uk/galle ... lbum_id=78
Regards

Peter

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

This is not a detailed cabin review but when we were on Azura a couple of weeks ago we had an aft suite - C748 - GillD did a review of C749 which is the same but on the other side. While we were there we were shown round one of the two most expensive suites on the ship - A752 - the other one is A753. Having looked round no way would I consider paying extra for either of them. Bascially the sleeping area is the same as the other aft suites, the only difference is that the sitting area is large and the balcony is longer BUT - there is a beam through the balcony and another sort of beam at one side of the balcony. Yes the balcony is still large but not, in our opinion as good as the C deck Aft suites or even the A deck Aft suites. The sitting area is so large it looks bare. There is a fixed round dining table and four chairs, the settee plus desk and chair. It just looked bare - can't think of another word. It needed cheering up in some way.

I don't think I would even want a free upgrade from the C deck suite to one of those two A deck suites. We found it very interesting to see them.

Carole

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Cabin Number: E302
Cleanliness: 4.5*
Balcony: 3.5*
This is an accessible part obsructed view cabin on E deck, the dimensions and configuration are identical to my earlier review of R302, the only difference is there is no balcony and the bottom half of the window has the top of a lifeboat in view. The obstruction is not major, the window is quite large and it allows plenty of light in and has a reasonable view. For those on a budget or a cruise where the weather might limit balcony use, this would be an ideal choice.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Cruise Line: P&O
Ship: Azura
Cabin Number: B420 inside midship
Overall Rating: 4.5****
Cleanliness: 4****
Furnishings: 4****
Balcony: N/A
Bathroom: 4****

Well we arrived in cabin and because of our most recent cruise on Oceana we were a little more alert to cleanliness than usual. All seem to be so much better. Only one thing we had changed, the kettle, again it was filthy. Brand new one arrived. Everything else was fine.
The size of this cabin was definitely bigger and had more space to move around. We had our bed made up as a double and the bedside cabinets were able to be repositioned next to our side of the bed without a problem. The lamp is attached to the cabinet in the center which made for putting a book or kindle for those of you who use them, a little less room to lay them down. Although there is a shelf beneath it if you want to use this space. Two spacious draws also come with it. By having the beds put together the light switches on one side will be behind you instead. Where the two cabinets would normally be together there is an unusual little socket that has a plastic cover and a little green light which at night time is quite bright and so for those of you who need total darkness I suggest you put something on there to hide it. We came to the conclusion that it was a kind of wifi router for the room so you can connect if you so wish. I did get the P&O site on my iPad. The fridge is beneath the shelf of where the kettle and tea making facilities are. The fridge is in a cupboard so you have two doors to open. Which I kept forgetting. Tea facilities are good and the only problem is that the above shelf that holds the television is at head height and I hit my head a few times, also it lacks a little light underneath which would help to see what one is doing. Also in order to give the appearance of a bigger cabin there are two large mirrors facing each other and the effect is an infinity image reflection of the television which does rather make it rather unsettling, don't think the designer has ever been in he cabins otherwise they would know this is not ideal. So just a couple of oversights in the design which apart from those, it's a lovely inside cabin. The positioning of the cabin to the ship seems to be a good one, it is fairly central and the nearby lifts are handy, two of them are glass ones and so you know where you are instantly. It's a big ship and a difficult one to navigate and to work out where you are. I will elaborate when I do a review of the ship itself.
On the whole it is a good cabin and would have it again.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Cabin Number: B330

Overall Rating: 4****
Cleanliness: 4.5****
Furnishings: 4****
Balcony: 5*****
Bathroom: 3***

Comments: We were only on board for a 2-nighter to Guernsey so probably not really long enough to give a fully informed review but, by and large, we were very impressed with this cabin. It is well placed on the port side between the forward and midships stairways so not too much of a hike from all the main facilities on board. Our Muster Station was The Glass House which is a much better option than cramming into a theatre.

The cabin is just a standard balcony but is perfectly adequate and about the same size as comparable cabins on Aurora and Arcadia. Only majot criticism is that the shower room is a bit on the small side but then you can sit on the loo, wash your hands in the basin and your feet in the shower, all at the same time !

There is no sofa, just an armchair and a stool but, for us, that was fine and it gives more space around the balcony doors. The unit for the fridge/tea and coffee facilites is well designed and keeps it all separate from the dressing table. There is a very good dressing/open hanging area outside the shower room which we found preferable to the conventioned enclosed wardrobes. Difficult to tell exactly how much clobber you can cram into the hanging space but I guess it is more than a standard wardrobe. The safe is also in this area in a decent-sized shelved cupboard.

The balcony seems slightly larger than those we are used to on Arcadia and Aurora and is certailny better furnished with two lounger chairs, footstools and a small table. It does overlook the balconies on B and C decks below but is not overlooked itself from above.

We could comfortably and happily spend 3 weeks in this cabin

Somergirl
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Somergirl »

Cabin Number: F304
Overall Rating: 5
Cleanliness: 5
Furnishings: 4
Bathroom: 4
Stability: 5
Quiet Cabin?: 4

This cabin is a single outside and I was very pleased with it. It was kept exceptionally clean and tidy by my stewardess - Lisa.
As you enter the cabin the small bathroom and the bed are on the righthand side. On the left is the walk in open style wardrobe ,next to that a floor to celing cupboard and shelf unit with the safe and a very large drawer. oposite the bed is a dressing table with six drawers and space to sit. The fridge is next with the coffee/tea making facilities and TV above, there is another large shallow drawer under the bed. The bed was very comfortable and bigger than a standard single. A large window with a blind which can be operated from the bed.

I was a bit worried about being given this cabin as I had booked for a single inside which I had been told were better but I really liked the layout, my only complaint is the lack of a bedside cabinet.

This was a very quiet cabin the only slight noise was footfall from the prom deck above but this was not enough to cause any disruption, one night I was kept awake for a while by a door banging but I report this to reception at breakfast time and by the end of the day the door close mechanism on the door above me had been mended.

Without a moments hesitation I would book this cabin again, it is a very convenient location for the restaurant and facilities around the atrium and deck 7. All in all an excellent cabin and an excellent cruise.

Somergirl

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Cabin Number: B629
Overall Rating: 4.5
Furnishings: 5
Balcony: 3.5
Quiet Cabin?: 5

Balcony cabin locacated mid ships but towards the aft. Close to stairs and lift and handy for the buffet to bring lunch down to eat on balcony.
The cabin and bathroom was totally clean and well looked after by Alex our steward. Great wardrobe space like all Azura cabins.

The balcony was a disappointment as we previously had been in C deck balcony cabins which are much bigger balconies. We did get the sun occasionally but as it was high summer and the sun very high it struggled to get on B deck when we were sailing East or West. We could look down and see the sun on D deck and C deck and were very jealous. A deck would have got less sun than B deck. We also had a non stop smoker on one side of us and the smell of it did drift across onto our balcony.

Lynda and David
Third Officer
Third Officer

Re: Cabin Reviews - Azura D612

Post by Lynda and David »

Cabin Number: D612
Overall Rating: 4.5
Balcony: 5
Bathroom: 4.5
Stability: 4.5
Quiet Cabin?: 4.5
Comments:

Furnishings: We've given the furnishings a 4 rating because of the lack of drawer storage, this cabin only has two small drawers in each of the bedside cabinets which we felt was not enough. There are shelves in the cupboard by the side of the walk-in wardrobe but the safe is on one of these which only leaves 3 other shelves. We finished up leaving our clothes we could not hang up in a suitcase under the wardrobe area, not ideal. We did however like the walk-in wardrobe hanging space.

Bathroom: The bathroom is a good size with a bath with shower over. The bathroom needs a cupboard to keep toiletries rather than the three small shelves to the side of the wash basin.

Location: The location in the 2014 brochure says this cabin is mid-ship, but really it is more aft. The 2015 brochure breaks the cabins on D deck into three categories and D612 is a 'DB' which is more accurate.

Stability: We went through quite a bad storm one evening and found that we felt more comfortable in our cabin than in other parts of the ship. If you suffer from seasickness this is a good cabin to book.

Balcony: We were a little concerned about booking this cabin as we have seen previous comments about the balcony being overlooked from above and people dropping rubbish down from above. We need not have worried, people rarely looked down on our balcony, and the way we looked at it was that you have far more people looking at you if you are sunbathing upstairs on the sundecks than if you are sunbathing on the balcony and if you are really worried you can always put the chairs back against the door to give some privacy.

Quiet Cabin: The only noise we heard in the cabin was from the air conditioning. It is very noisy, although after a couple of days you do get used to it. If we were to book Azura again we would take some earplugs.

If we were on Azura again we would be happy to book this cabin

MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Cabin No: C230
Overall rating: 4-5
Balcony: 5+
Bathroom: 3
Stability: 4+
Quiet cabin: 4

The best part of this cabin is definitely the balcony. The bathroom is quite small with a shower, the cabin is perfectly adequate for 2 and the balcony is huge! Yes, they are overlooked by the decks above, but that didn’t bother us at all, and we could also look down onto the D deck balconies, (which are smaller), but you don’t spend all day leaning on your balcony rail. The added bonus with the C deck balcony is that while the majority of it is uncovered, just outside the door is under cover, so you can still sit out there if it’s a bit inclement. There were 2 chairs, 1 footstool and 1 small table, but we quite often put one of the cushions on the table and used that as a footstool. Also, with your pool towels under your bathroom towels, you could make a very acceptable “sun-bed” for lying flat out if so wished. Plenty of room in the ‘walk-in wardrobe area, but could do with a bit more drawer/shelf space.
We were about 7/8 cabins forward of the front stairs & lifts and 3 floors above the promenade deck, so fairly well situated for access. (Apart from the long walk to the stern!) We did find it a little noisy when we had a patch of rough weather, but that’s what you get when you are so far forward. If we go on Azura again, we would definitely go for a C deck cabin.

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

Cabin Number: P325
Balcony: Deck 5 - so no balcony
Bathroom: 4* Tiny, but fully functional. Unusually the water took some time to run hot.
Stability: 5* (low down amidships)
Quiet Cabin?: 4*
Comments: Surprisingly no noise from Brodie's directly above, but during rough weather there was an intermittent heavy roaring noise and vibration coming from below - like a mechanical giant snoring in the cabin below. I am unsure of the cause, - but suspect we may have been directly above the starboard stabiliser. The sound of the band playing in the atrium was clearly audible - though not intrusive. Then somebody closed the fire door between our corridor and the atrium, which all but eliminated any sound.

Temperature at times was uncomfortably high - even with the air-conditioning set to minimum.

Solent Richard
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Solent Richard »

Cabin Number: D621 - Superior Deluxe Balcony
Overall Rating: 4.5*****
Balcony: 4.5*****
Quiet Cabin?:5*****
Comments: We chose this cabin as it was to be our home for a 24 night cruise to the Black Sea. There was a superb amount of space with well thought out storage. The large and separate sitting area was very reminiscent of 'Princess Grill' staterooms on Cunard but for a somewhat smaller fare. The bathroom, with bath and shower - a must for us on anything over a week - was idyllic. Although the balcony was partially overlooked - no big deal as far as we are concerned - there was more than ample space to host one or two pre-dinner drinks parties.

Link to photographs: http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/201 ... ea-cruise/

All in all a very good level of accommodation.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Solent Richard wrote:
Cabin Number: D621 - Superior Deluxe Balcony
Overall Rating: 4.5*****
Balcony: 4.5*****
Quiet Cabin?:5*****
Comments: We chose this cabin as it was to be our home for a 24 night cruise to the Black Sea. There was a superb amount of space with well thought out storage. The large and separate sitting area was very reminiscent of 'Princess Grill' staterooms on Cunard but for a somewhat smaller fare. The bathroom, with bath and shower - a must for us on anything over a week - was idyllic. Although the balcony was partially overlooked - no big deal as far as we are concerned - there was more than ample space to host one or two pre-dinner drinks parties.

Link to photographs: http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/201 ... ea-cruise/

All in all a very good level of accommodation.

I agree Richard.

We have just come off Azura. We were with two friends who booked the same time and cabin grade as us (balcony cabin) but they were fortunate enough to get upgraded to a Deluxe balcony cabin. The difference in size, facilities and layout was immediately obvious. Of course we weren't jealous.......much ;)

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Cabin Number: A205 - Balcony cabin - Forward - Starboard side
Balcony: 4.5* Adequate but little bigger would be nice
Bathroom: 4* Shower head set too low, low pressure, towels only good for rubbing down paintwork
Location: 4* Not ideal for long cruises where seas may be rough, but for short trips no problems
Stability: 4.5* Occasionally felt a bit of movement, but probably no more than anywhere else on the ship
Quiet Cabin?: Yes
Comments:

We were only on a three night cruise so can only mark it accordingly. For two people on a short cruise the cabin is perfectly adequate. If you are going to be doing a longer cruise of a week or more that may take you through rough seas then I would suggest booking a cabin closer to mid ships.

If you have mobility problems then this cabin would probably not suit, as being very far forward there is allot of walking involved.

Robert
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Robert »

C705
Has anyone used this cabin as we are in it on A630A

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Robert wrote:
C705
Has anyone used this cabin as we are in it on A630A
There's a review of C735 above which will be pretty much identical but further aft.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Cabin Number: D737
Overall Rating: 5
Balcony: 4
Bathroom: 5
Quiet Cabin?: 4

Comments: This is one of the aft suites. I have given it a 4 for location as it is quite a way to the front of the ship - if that is where you want to go. It is ideally situated for Epicurean (where suite passengers can have breakfast) and for the Planet Bar.

The balcony does have a large beam going through it (top to bottom) which does limit some of the space and the balcony is not overlooked but this means that it does not necessarily get much sun.

I have given a rating of 4 for the noise - not because there is any noise in the suite but there is quite a lot of noise from the wake when you are on the balcony which makes having a conversation difficult.

The suite itself was fine with plenty of storage space except for the bathroom where there was no storage whatsoever.

suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

David, I have loved reading your posts about Azura!!! Thank you for sharing them.
I looked at your suite, but decided against it because of the beam and the fact it is shaded, so we ended up booking a SDL D732.
We have had suites on Oceana on the aft, so the noise of the wake wont bother us.
Didnt realise the Planet Bar, was so close, I am very happy about that :D

Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

Cabin Number: C224 Inside Forward
Overall Rating: 4
Cleanliness: 4
Stability: 3
Comments:

I forgot to uncheck the upgrade box when booking and we were supposedly upgraded to this cabin and could not understand why this one was advertised at a much higher price than the one we originally booked, same facilities and same square footage but on a higher deck.
Having said that we were happy with the cabin and having no public areas above or below it was nice and quiet in the evening.
We don't spend much time in the cabin apart from sleeping and showering so an inside one is all we need and the promenade deck is usually our balcony, in inclement weather we retire to the bars or library.
There is a launderette just a few cabins along the corridor but we never used it as we had enough clothes for the two weeks we were onboard.
The cabin is a fair walk to the aft of the ship where our main dining room was but this did not bother us as we called in a bar for a drink on the way, but it might be a problem for those with mobility problems.
The one thing I didn't like was the lack of a proper wardrobe with doors, there was just a large hanging rack opposite the bathroom.

I only gave it 4* because I thought even that was generous but then again we did not pay anything like 5* prices so we can't grumble.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Cabin Number: B343 - Starboard side - Mid ships....just
Overall Rating: 4
Cleanliness: 4
Balcony: 4
Stability: 4
Comments:

Great black out curtains but no net curtains, probably due to them always getting caught in the door and getting marked and torn. Surprised there was no sofa in the cabin, pretty sure we always had one in previous balcony cabins. I personally don't like the idea of P&O touting their wares and half filling what is essentially OUR fridge for the duration of the cruise with their mini bar drinks. Of course I can see why they are doing it, they want you to buy their drinks rather than drinking your own. I personally wouldn't touch any of the mini bar items, not at their prices. Fortunately we managed to get our water and box/bottles of wine in there ;) otherwise I would have turfed their stash out to make room. Bed linen was looking a bit tired, and the quilt needed changing for a thicker one for the coming winter. I was only just warm enough at night, and there were no extra covers available. I agree with Ray about the hanging space, and not the best location right opposite the bathroom door! Best to let your partner know you are going to be in that area before they exit the bathroom unless you want a door in the back. The shower was just about OK, but why is it P&O have the shower heads set at midget height. Balcony was good, although being tall I found that if I wanted to stretch out in the full sun I needed to place the back legs of the recliner just inside the cabin. It actually works well :thumbup:

Return to “About Azura”