Azura suites

Discussions about anything related to Azura

Topic author
noodles73
Able Seaman
Able Seaman
Posts: 1
Joined: April 2021

Azura suites

Post by noodles73 »

Hi,I'm thinking of booking a suite on the Azura on her Canaries cruise Feb 2023 and am wondering if there is much of a difference in them,size,better locations and so on,should I pick one or take whats offered,thanks.

User avatar

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7572
Joined: January 2012
Location: Lancashire

Re: Azura suites

Post by david63 »

It depends on what you want. The actual suites are all about the the same size but where the difference arises is with the size of the balconies and the amount of superstructure on some of the balconies - with those at the back having the largest balconies, although that does vary by deck.

If you say which you are interested in we might be able to give better advice.

User avatar

Stephen
Captain
Captain
Posts: 12965
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: Azura suites

Post by Stephen »

Welcome to the forum noodles73

User avatar

Manoverboard
Captain
Captain
Posts: 11421
Joined: January 2013
Location: Dorset

Re: Azura suites

Post by Manoverboard »

I would book an aft suite .... and especially so if you enjoy riding the big dipper.

ps .... hello and welcome :wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

User avatar

Stephen
Captain
Captain
Posts: 12965
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: Azura suites

Post by Stephen »

Having never had a suite let alone an aft suite, I think would I want an aft suite with all the noise from the wake of the water. Maybe it’s not that bad, I don’t know, but it would be a concern.
Last edited by Stephen on 09 Apr 2021, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.


Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1583
Joined: February 2013
Location: Gower, Swansea

Re: Azura suites

Post by Whynd1 »

Been lucky to have had an aft balcony cabin on Arcadia and did find some noise from the propeller.
However being able to sit on the balcony and watch the wake is pure heaven.
Should have been on her next week.
Lindsey

User avatar

barney
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 4376
Joined: March 2013
Location: Instow Devon

Re: Azura suites

Post by barney »

Whynd1 wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 09:56 Been lucky to have had an aft balcony cabin on Arcadia and did find some noise from the propeller.
However being able to sit on the balcony and watch the wake is pure heaven.
Should have been on her next week.
Lindsey
That was always our cabins of choice if we could get them.
There is noise from the wake but we never found it a nuisance.
The real wonder was to watch the port disappearing into the distance after leaving.
I'd book it again in a heartbeat.
We've also had aft cabins on Ventura and Azura but you get a bit of structure with those.

User avatar

Manoverboard
Captain
Captain
Posts: 11421
Joined: January 2013
Location: Dorset

Re: Azura suites

Post by Manoverboard »

Stephen wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 09:19 Having never had a suite let alone an aft suite, I think would I want an aft suite with all the noise from the wake of the water. Maybe it’s not that bad, I don’t know, but it would be a concern.
Hiding under the duvet with Teddy can help ... just saying :thumbup:

However .... during the winter months the sea can be very rough so an alternative plan would be to book a SDL Balcony cabin mid ships, nice cabins and far cheaper than a suite of course.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

User avatar

Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 8022
Joined: January 2013

Re: Azura suites

Post by Onelife »

A nice couple took pity on me and my wife and invited us to their aft suite for afternoon champagne and canopies, lovely cabin, large balcony, but you could hardly hear yourselves speak for the noise of the wake. Like anything you probably get used to the noise but I found it a bit frustrating because I like listening to the sound of my own voice :lol: :angel:

User avatar

Stephen
Captain
Captain
Posts: 12965
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: Azura suites

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 11:02 A nice couple took pity on me and my wife and invited us to their aft suite for afternoon champagne and canopies, lovely cabin, large balcony, but you could hardly hear yourselves speak for the noise of the wake. Like anything you probably get used to the noise but I found it a bit frustrating because I like listening to the sound of my own voice :lol: :angel:

You do surprise me :sarcasm:

User avatar

Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 8022
Joined: January 2013

Re: Azura suites

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 11:06
Onelife wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 11:02 A nice couple took pity on me and my wife and invited us to their aft suite for afternoon champagne and canopies, lovely cabin, large balcony, but you could hardly hear yourselves speak for the noise of the wake. Like anything you probably get used to the noise but I found it a bit frustrating because I like listening to the sound of my own voice :lol: :angel:

You do surprise me :sarcasm:
Stop interrupting Stephen I was speaking :lol:

User avatar

Mervyn and Trish
Captain
Captain
Posts: 12329
Joined: February 2013

Re: Azura suites

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We've had a mid-ships suite on Azura once and we loved it. It's not so good if you're a sun worshipper as the balcony is smaller than the aft ones and is right under the overhang of the deck above. But for us cooking in the sun is less important than the stability of midships so it suited us fine.

On that occasion by a quirk of pricing the suite was affordable, but as Moby says above our normal Azura cabin of choice would be a midships D deck SDL Balcony. The biggest perk for us of the suite was being able to breakfast in the peace of Epicurean.


CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1496
Joined: January 2013
Location: Hampshire

Re: Azura suites

Post by CaroleF »

We have had an aft suite on Azura several times. The noise of the wake was wonderful - didn't trouble us at all. In fact being out on the balcony overlooking the wake, glass in hand is a wonderful memory. As far as which suites are best - we always preferred aft suites. We were on C deck and had both C748 and C749. I wouldn't choose either C750 or C751 as both suites have a large beam going through the balcony which effectively cuts it in two. It reduces the size of the balcony so much so that it's difficult to get both sun loungers out side by side. One has almost to edge round the door to get out onto the balcony. The same applies on A deck. The two innermost suites, A750 and A751 are without the beam but the outer suites, A752 and A753 have the beam. The first time we had C749 the people in the next door suite did not know about the beam and were furious. In fact originally we booked, unknowingly, the outer suite that had a beam. It was only when I was reading postings on Cruise Critic about one of the Princess ships that had the same layout, that I discovered about the beam. I got in touch with Bolsover and luckily the suite next door without the beam was still available so we changed our booking (no charge incidentally). I would choose an aft suite every time. The suites aren't huge compared for instance to the aft suites on Oceana - but then no suites on any P&O ship are as large as the Oceana ones. Hope this helps.
Carole

User avatar

Stephen
Captain
Captain
Posts: 12965
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: Azura suites

Post by Stephen »

A good informative post Carole. Not that we can see ourselves in one unless the numbers come up or we get an offer too good to refuse.

Return to “About Azura”