Caribbean flight times 2017

Discussions about anything related to Azura

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Caribbean flight times 2017

Post by bassman67 »

Has anyone booked a cruise on Azura to the Caribbean in 2017 yet? If so, can you tell me the departure times from Gatwick for Friday departures, please? If it's early, we'll stay over the night before.

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Caribbean flight times 2017

Post by Happydays »

Our flight to Barbados in January was on a Friday the flight time was 9.45am. We were on Adonia but Azura had a flight within 30minutes of us the same for the return flight. We were on a Thomson dreamliner. Hope this helps you until you hear from someone on your flight.
If you do book a hotel, we stayed at the Hampton Hilton Hotel which is connected to the airport by a short covered walkway that only took us 5-10 minutes to get from room to airport. We would certainly stay there again.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

I'd highly recommend that bassman

We've stayed there many a time before a flight and it's great.

They do a parking/stay package and it's a tad pricey, but worth it.

When I go diving, my favourite flight is an 11.55 departure and we can't risk the M25 so we stay there and have a leisurely morning. :thumbup:
Empty vessels .. and all that

suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

Can't help you about Gatwick...but I'm flying from Manchester in feb..2017 to join Azura.
I know neither use nor ornament to you..but I'm sooo excited... I just had to mention it... :lol:

cruise kitten
Cadet
Cadet

Post by cruise kitten »

I'm not much use to you in the way of an answer, but I too would like to know the answer to this.
Just pre registered for a cruise on Azura commencing on 15th December 2017, which is a Friday and have been told that our flight will be from Gatwick, but looking at this years schedule for Thomsons and Thomas Cook, they don't appear to fly on Friday's to Barbados, where we board the ship.
Can anyone help in telling me what happens in this case.

Thanks

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

cruise kitten wrote:
I'm not much use to you in the way of an answer, but I too would like to know the answer to this.
Just pre registered for a cruise on Azura commencing on 15th December 2017, which is a Friday and have been told that our flight will be from Gatwick, but looking at this years schedule for Thomsons and Thomas Cook, they don't appear to fly on Friday's to Barbados, where we board the ship.
Can anyone help in telling me what happens in this case.

Thanks
The P&O flights are private charters so they may not appear in the airline listings. If your cruise includes flights then P&O will take care of everything. Flights to the Caribbean usually leave around 09:00 to 10:00 unless it's one that we're on in which case it will probably be delayed by a few hours ;)

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

All the times we've flown from Gatwick to Barbados with P&O the flight times have usually been anything from 8.45am to around 9.45am. Lately flights have been from the North Terminal and we've stayed at the Sofitel the night before - covered walkway to check in. When we've gone from the South Terminal we've stayed at the Hilton - also a walkway. Of the two we prefer the North Terminal and the Sofitel. Bob's right the flights won't appear in either Thomas Cook or Thomson list of flights as they are private charters - also you can't check luggage in the night before as stated on some websites. There's usually a three hour check in whichever you fly with.

cruise kitten
Cadet
Cadet

Post by cruise kitten »

Thanks Quizzical Bob and Carole F.
As you can tell, I'm really new to this cruising lark, but that solves that little mystery.
I know I won't get a choice of airline, but is one better than the other. We have premium seats.
I have flown both airlines and prefer Thomson economy, but haven't flown either premium.

The early flight time doesn't worry us, and like you have said, we will stay over the night before, but it is a shame we can't check our luggage in.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Much prefer Thomson to Thomas Cook. We flew on the new Dreamliner with Thomson in February - couldn't get Premium Seats which we usually have but even in Economy the seats weren't too crammed together. The In Flight entertainment is far superior on Thomson - was very impressive on the new Dreamliner.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: RE: Re: Caribbean flight times 2017

Post by Quizzical Bob »

CaroleF wrote:
Much prefer Thomson to Thomas Cook. We flew on the new Dreamliner with Thomson in February - couldn't get Premium Seats which we usually have but even in Economy the seats weren't too crammed together. The In Flight entertainment is far superior on Thomson - was very impressive on the new Dreamliner.
We flew back on a dreamlike. They were the worst seats I have ever had on several hundred flights. The seat was too low and I kept sliding forward. All the eats were like this. Had they been six inches higher everything would have been fine. At least then I could have reached the air vents.

June1969
Cadet
Cadet

Post by June1969 »

We fly out this year on a Saturday to join Azura our Gatwick flight is 9:20am Hope this is of use.

Don't worry about not checking your luggage the day before. On our last cruise we met a couple who had done that at Manchester the night before flying and it took there luggage 4 days to arrive at the ship. I wouldn't do it and have that risk.

June

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

We've flown Thomson Premium a couple of times. Really impressed.

Both times we checked the luggage in the night before at Gatwick and it arrived safely.

Return to “About Azura”