Azura freedom and buffet dining

Discussions about anything related to Azura

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Azura freedom and buffet dining

Post by Stephen »

We found freedom dining not as nice as other ships. Allot noisier which we put down to a combination of a smaller dining area and low ceiling.

The buffet food area in Venezia gets very busy and extremely hot due to the two identical areas, port and starboard being divided into two seperate food areas, unlike other ships where they span the width of the ship. And forget dining in the Verona buffet area especially at peak times, a nightmare. Whoever designed that wants shooting.

Just my personal opinion, of course.

poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: Azura freedom and buffet dining

Post by poole boy »

Thamks Stephen
We have just booked Azura for the first time and also booked freedom dinning for the first time purely for the itinerary Iceland now we have over 18 months of wondering if we have made a big mistake as we both love the smaller ships :o

sunseeker16
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by sunseeker16 »

Is the low ceiling in the deck 5 restaurant, which is also window-free?
The deck 6 one is much nicer

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

I have to agree with the noise particularly in the Meridian restaurant. Cannot comment on the buffet as we managed to avoid it for a fortnight.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

The Grand Class ships do have their design problems, among them are noisy MDR's and poor buffet design, but they are not all that bad.
The window areas in the MDR are quieter than the central area in my opinion, and if you want a really quiet dining experience then try the buffet in the evening,, we dined there several times on Ventura over Jan/Feb this year and had a most relaxing time, and the curries on P&O are to die for.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

sunseeker16 wrote:
Is the low ceiling in the deck 5 restaurant, which is also window-free?
The deck 6 one is much nicer
We are in the Penninsular resturaunt deck 6.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

poole boy wrote:
Thamks Stephen
We have just booked Azura for the first time and also booked freedom dinning for the first time purely for the itinerary Iceland now we have over 18 months of wondering if we have made a big mistake as we both love the smaller ships :o
Don't worry about it pool boy, you haven't made a mistake. What i find noisy you may find normal, especially as this will be your first time of freedom dining. I am just comparing my freedom dining experience to other ships.

Return to “About Azura”