Azura A322N - Black Sea - Part 3

Reports about cruises on Azura

Topic author
Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Azura A322N - Black Sea - Part 3

Post by Gill W »

Today has been a day of intensive washing and ironing, but I've got my feet up now, so here's a bit more

Day 8 - Malta

I met Mr Gill in 1979, and one of the first things I knew about him was that he'd like to go to Malta. Well, it's taken 34 years to get here, and I'd say it's been worth the wait.

It's a lovely sail in the the Grand Harbour in Valletta , with excellent views of the city from every vantage point.

We decided to do a tour, to see a little bit more of the island. We did a trolley train ride at Rabat, and a walk round Mdina, which is an old walled city. The honey coloured stone of the walls was very striking against the perfect blue sky.

We were back to the ship at 1pm, a very good time, as at 2pm there were long queues to get back on at both gangways.

Our Sailaway was slightly delayed until about 3.45, due to some problems getting uncoupled from the fuel bunkering vessel.

Another fab Sailaway with Neil and the gang. Allegedly, some of the Eastenders cast were on the balcony near the lift up to the town, so we gave them a good wave goodbye.

We're going to the Glass House for our meal this evening, and then on to the second Headliners Show, called My Generation.

On a normal cruise, we'd be half way through it, but there's stacks of time left yet - I'm loving it!

Day 9

Before I go any further I must mention our meal in The Glass House last night. I had a steak and Mr Gill had the lamb burger, both great, but the desserts were sublime. I had the coconut pavlova. Coconut and meringue are two of my favourite things, so it was the ideal thing for me. Mr Gill had the orange and mascarpone cheesecake, which was also fab.

Today has been a sea day day in perfect cruising conditions, blue seas, blue skies and a light breeze. We've again lazed on the deck in our favoured position, just above the Coral Pool. This afternoon we've retreated to our shady balcony, where I have a view of a Greek island as we cruise past.

I've tried to keep my food intake to a minimum today, just a bowl of cereal for breakfast and a chicken roll for lunch. We are going to Sindhu this evening and I want to make sure I'm very peckish.
Gill

Return to “Azura Cruise Reports”