Azura cruises in 2013

Topic author
margtee
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

307P

Post by margtee »

Count down, now in single figures!!

Only 9 more days to go before I leave home, as we've got to travel up to Gatwick the day before. My holiday will start as soon as I finish work on Tuesday, get the wine out, check the tickets etc , or better still check the tickets etc and then get the wine out!! :D :D

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Re: 307P

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Margtee,
We are only 40 mins from Manchester and a later than usual flight of 11:25 am so will leave early morning. We have booked the exec lounge at Manchester as we find this much more relaxing.
Weather snowy here so hope it clears for those going this Thursday.
I will start packing this weekend as I am working right up to Wednesday afternoon.

See you there.

Sue

PaulineF
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by PaulineF »

We're travelling to Gatwick the day before and staying overnight at the Sofitel - a treat because it's my birthday. :)

Can't believe it's so close now, soooo excited!

Pauline

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Peter D »

Cannot believe it is only 9 days away, we booked this in February 2012 and we are now in single figures. We want some warm sun.

Will drive up on Thursday because we are also only 40 - 45 mins away from Manchester airport. Cases are down, clothes are ready, just a case of packing them now, so will start this on Sunday.
Regards

Peter

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Peter D »

OK, only 7 days now.
Regards

Peter

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

This time next week we should be there. Fingers crossed.

Sue

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Have a good one Sue :D ours seems a lifetime ago now and it was only 4 weeks ago.. Oh well roll on 28th June and the fjords xx
Jenni

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Thanks Jenni,
I will get the packing done this weekend. Unfortunately I have to go to work today. I don't normally work Fridays but with the holiday next week and the end of our financial year looming soon after I return, staff appraisals etc. I thought I had better put in a few extra hours.

Sue

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi all,
Trial pack done no problem with the weight came in at 4 kilos under. Will add a few more bits but nothing that will even take us close. Less to unpack when we get there.

Hand luggage a bit more of a problem. Very close to the 5kg but I have a jacket with large pockets.

Sue

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Peter D »

It was the hand luggage with us Sue. Our wheely hand cases came in at 2.5Kg empty. So we went out and purchased Light Luggage Holdalls from Argos, only .6Kg empty. More weight for us.
Regards

Peter

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Peter,
Yes we have the IT lightweight luggage and hand luggage. Used to be called sub zero (or similar) very light weight. My problem is that I need my Cloud 9 hair sylers in my hand luggage. I cannot go to dinner the first night without them and the chance of our luggage arriving before dinner is nil.

Bad news whilst packing I have turned funny and pulled my back. Now in bed resting with fingers crossed that I will be okay in the morning. If not then I will have to get to a physio on Monday for some treatment.

Sue

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Peter D »

My Jennifer has the same problem, where to put all her hair stuff and that along with my Camera stuff was another reason for getting new cases.

Hope everything goes well and you are back on your feet well before Thursday.
Regards

Peter

andyrmanc
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by andyrmanc »

Hi,

This is our first Caribbean cruise and I have a quick question. Do we need to pack clothing in our hand luggage to suffice for our first evening meal due to cases arriving later? I know the dress code is smart casual so at least a fresh top would be required after the long flight.

Cheers

Andy

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Peter D »

Andy,

Following post from cruisers who have flown out this year it seems a 50/50 split of cases arriving early or not until after 6pm. So, we are taking a change of clothing for when we first arrive, shorts etc and them something for the night.

Have a great flight and hope to see you there.
Regards

Peter

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi all.
We are going on a cruise tomorrow !!

Sue

andyrmanc
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by andyrmanc »

Yippeee!

All packed bar my suits, and all well within the 23Kg. Hand luggage sorted (cheers Pete).
Out for tea tonight then an early night ready for the long day tomorrow.
Only 7.5 hours at work to complete now.

Have a good cruise everyone maybe see some of you there.

Andy, Deb and Ella

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Peter D »

Almost there. Final bits and pieces.

Early flight, so up well before the crack of dawn and then Manchester/Barbados here we come.

Been checking the weather forecast and although very cold tonight there is no white stuff, that is due Thursday Night and Friday, UK you are welcome to it.

See you there.
Regards

Peter

Return to “Azura Cruises 2013”