Balcony cabins Oceana

Discussions about anything related to Oceana

Topic author
oldtimer
Third Officer
Third Officer

Balcony cabins Oceana

Post by oldtimer »

Has anyone stayed in a balcony cabin on Oceana since the refit? P&O are advertising on their web site that balcony cabins (not a suite) for cabins priced £1,195 to £1,429 for Iberia cruise 11 October as having the following.
iron and ironing board, trouser press, atlas, binoculars and a sofa. Certainly didn't have any of this last time I was in a balcony on Oceana.

arcadialover
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: Balcony cabins Oceana

Post by arcadialover »

We had an ordinary balcony cabin and it didn't have any of the things you mentioned, I wonder if that refers to a mini suite.

Lazysusan
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Lazysusan »

We are going on an Oceana Getaway and it said Atlas & Binoculars for a balcony cabin but I'm not really expecting to get them, we will bring our own binoculars, if we can find them, and my husband has his satnav which has Europe and beyond on it.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Same as.

we had a balcony on Oceana and didn't get any of that.

Not even a sofa !
Empty vessels .. and all that

Keith1
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Keith1 »

We are just back from Oceana with balcony cabin. Did not have any of the mentioned. Looking at P & O site it looks like info is confused between balcony and mini suite.
Enjoy your cruise.
Keith

Topic author
oldtimer
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by oldtimer »

Lazysusan wrote:
We are going on an Oceana Getaway and it said Atlas & Binoculars for a balcony cabin but I'm not really expecting to get them, we will bring our own binoculars, if we can find them, and my husband has his satnav which has Europe and beyond on it.
May I suggest you print off the page which lists iron, ironing board etc and take it with you, then complain and show it to reception that you want a free bottle of champers or you will take the matter up with the Advertising Standards Agency (ASA). you can lodge complaints on the ASA web site.

arcadialover
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by arcadialover »

oldtimer wrote:
Lazysusan wrote:
May I suggest you print off the page which lists iron, ironing board etc and take it with you, then complain and show it to reception that you want a free bottle of champers or you will take the matter up with the Advertising Standards Agency (ASA). you can lodge complaints on the ASA web site.

There will be something in the small print that gets them out of it.

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

The only ship I have been on that provided these in a bog standard balcony cabin was Oriana - and in our case the binoculars had gone walkabout. Not that it mattered, as we had our own anyway. More importantly, the cabin was the largest and best equipped we have had. Only Artemis came close.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

In the case of Oriana that would because the balcony cabins on her are classed as something like "Superior Balcony" or whatever the current terminology is, being similar in size to the B deck cabins on Aurora and larger than the bog standards on either her or Oceana. As I remember the balcony cabins on Oceana they are a bit pokey (sorry, petite). To get all that extra stuff in they'd have to chuck the bed out!

Return to “About Oceana”