themed dinners

Discussions about anything related to Oceana

Topic author
Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

themed dinners

Post by Meg 50 »

we haven't sailed on Oceana since 09, so our info may be out of date.

We are considering a cruise out of Valletta next year - not saying which one in case everyone else so desperate to be with us books the same one and there's no cabin left for us..............

Anyway, I'm sure I read somewhere that Oceana now has themed dinners in the buffet area - like they do on Adonia.

Is this so?
Meg
x

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: themed dinners

Post by david63 »

There were certainly "themed" dinners on Arcadia at Christmas in the buffet - things like "Mexican", "Indian", "Italian" etc., you get the idea. Having looked at the menus some days they were not, for us, particularly inspiring!

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

As long there is a good variety in a themed menu that's fine. So, if there are dishes comprising either fish, two or more types of meat and a vegetarian option that would be very acceptable, and hopefully interesting.

Topic author
Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

david63 wrote:
There were certainly "themed" dinners on Arcadia at Christmas in the buffet - things like "Mexican", "Indian", "Italian" etc., you get the idea. Having looked at the menus some days they were not, for us, particularly inspiring!
looking hopeful then - the themed dinners on Adonia were brilliant
Meg
x

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

In our experience every evening in the buffet is some sort of themed dinner. We go for the curry (Indian) and tandoori nights. The others can be Best of British, Mediterranean, Greek, anything that takes their fancy. We find an evening in the buffet can be very relaxed and pleasant.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Certainly Britannia had themed evenings in the buffet last year. And very nice they were too.
Gill

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

Even on Adonia last year, where the buffet was not open every evening, we had at least 14-16 themed buffet evenings on our 30 night cruise, as with other P&O ships in recent years. Indian, Chinese, Asian, British, Italian, Mediterranean, Greek, Tandoori,..............there may have been more. As Adonia did not do freedom dining, this option suited us very well.

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

Boris+ wrote:
As long there is a good variety in a themed menu that's fine. So, if there are dishes comprising either fish, two or more types of meat and a vegetarian option that would be very acceptable, and hopefully interesting.
:roll:

Topic author
Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

wolfie wrote:
Even on Adonia last year, where the buffet was not open every evening, we had at least 14-16 themed buffet evenings on our 30 night cruise, as with other P&O ships in recent years. Indian, Chinese, Asian, British, Italian, Mediterranean, Greek, Tandoori,..............there may have been more. As Adonia did not do freedom dining, this option suited us very well.
lovely, that's what I wanted to hear!

ta
Meg
x

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Meg 50 wrote:
Anyway, I'm sure I read somewhere that Oceana now has themed dinners in the buffet area - like they do on Adonia.

Is this so?
Yes definitely.

All evening were themed in the Plaza on E602, such as Indian, Asian, Italian, Eastern Mediterranean, Carvery, etc etc
Gill

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We've never done the themed buffet dinners but when we do 28 nights next year (we've not done more than 16 so far) we'll certainly be trying it.

Topic author
Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

Gill W wrote:
Meg 50 wrote:

Is this so?
Yes definitely.

All evening were themed in the Plaza on E602, such as Indian, Asian, Italian, Eastern Mediterranean, Carvery, etc etc
great - thanks.
Meg
x

The Tinker
First Officer
First Officer

Post by The Tinker »

The staff were really good in the buffet restaurant on Oceana - on Carvery night they usually had beef which was left very rare. They had no problems cooking it a bit longer for me when asked or if anything ran out, they would endeavour to replace it as soon as possible.

Return to “About Oceana”