Discussions about anything related to Oceana

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

UAE 2021

Post by Kendhni »

We booked this for March 2021. Got an interesting email from P&O
Important information regarding your holiday

We are pleased you will be joining us on board Oceana for your holiday around Dubai and the Arabian Gulf.

Before your arrival, we wanted to make you aware of a slight change to your booking.

As you may be aware, we recently changed the date of Oceana’s refit from November 2020 to April 2021. We are sorry to advise that due to inventory changes following this reschedule, there may be a need to reallocate you an alternative cabin. Rest assured, if you are allocated a new cabin, your cabin will be of the same grade or higher than and as close to your original one where possible. Please note, your dining arrangements will remain unaffected by any changes made. We will ensure you receive a booking confirmation with your cabin number by 10 February.

Once again, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. We thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you on board.
Will be interesting to read if a cabin is affected for those that booked a select fare, rather than a saver fare, if there will be some goodwill gesture.
Last edited by Kendhni on 02 Feb 2020, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: UAE 2021

Post by Stephen »

Kendhni wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 09:40
We booked this for March 2021. Got an interesting email from P&O
Important information regarding your holiday

We are pleased you will be joining us on board Oceana for your holiday around Dubai and the Arabian Gulf.

Before your arrival, we wanted to make you aware of a slight change to your booking.

As you may be aware, we recently changed the date of Oceana’s refit from November 2020 to April 2021. We are sorry to advise that due to inventory changes following this reschedule, there may be a need to reallocate you an alternative cabin. Rest assured, if you are allocated a new cabin, your cabin will be of the same grade or higher than and as close to your original one where possible. Please note, your dining arrangements will remain unaffected by any changes made. We will ensure you receive a booking confirmation with your cabin number by 10 February.

Once again, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. We thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you on board.
Will be interesting to read if a cabin is affected for those that booked a select fare, rather than a saver fare, if there will be some goodwill gesture.

I would like to think so Ken if it were me traveling, especially if they put you in a less desirable location whether you've been upgraded or not.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

I wouldn’t class a change of cabin as a “slight change” I'd actually be annoyed, since we choose ours carefully.
Gill

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

GillD46 wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 10:42
I wouldn’t class a change of cabin as a “slight change” I'd actually be annoyed, since we choose ours carefully.

That's what I thought Gill when I read it again.
Last edited by Stephen on 02 Feb 2020, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

What do they mean by inventory changes? Fewer teaspoons?

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 10:59
What do they mean by inventory changes? Fewer teaspoons?
I am guessing that it is technical speak for adding or removing cabins or reallocating cabin grades.

My guess is the latter and if you have booked a particular grade and that cabin will be in a higher grade after the refit then you could be moved to another cabin that is in the grade that you have booked.

Pity that P&O do not show deck plans for each year any more otherwise we could do a comparison. Anyone got an old P&O brochure?

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I have one, how can I help.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Whynd1 wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 11:40
I have one, how can I help.
If you have the time, and inclination, compare the deck plans in the old brochure with the current deck plans and see if there are any noticeable differences.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

The deck plans are all on-line.
Gill

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

One would think that once a cabin was booked by cabin number (as in Select Fare) a contract had been made, and unless that cabin ceased to exist making one move was a breach of contract. Just because they've now tinkered with the grades, if that were the case, would not seem justification for such a breach.

We've actually experienced this once, with Princess, when we booked a Mini Suite on Sapphire Princess (or Superior Deluxe Balcony as P&O would call it) one door down the corridor to avoid paying an extra £500 each for what they call Club Class. We already get many of the benefits of Club through being Elite in their loyalty scheme. The only extra was Club Class dining. Then they moved the boundary one door along the corridor at either end and on either side, bringing four extra cabins into Club. We remained it the same cabin and enjoyed the Club benefits for no extra payment - effectively a free upgrade with no change of location. Great for us and it turns out a good move for them. We enjoyed the Club dining so much we'll always book it in the future if we can.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

GillD46 wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 13:14
The deck plans are all on-line.
Current ones are but not the previous year.

Before they decided yo "update" the main website when you went into the deck plans option you could choose 2020 or 2021 - now there is just the current deck plan.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Ah, ok. I understand.
Gill

Return to “About Oceana”