Booking Restaurants .

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Booking Restaurants .

Post by suespud »

I have paid the balance of our cruise for feb 2017, when will I be able to book the speciality restaurants ?

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Booking Restaurants .

Post by Stephen »

Check you cruise personaliser Sue

Topic author
suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

I have Stephen, I actually paid balance last week, but it's not due till the 19th.
I check it every day as I am waiting for the flight seats to be released.. They are not due to open till the 11th November, but I am checking now just in case they open early..

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Should you be a late bird Sue when they do release the bookings for the flight seats they go on line at midnight. I have, on occasion, stayed up when the flight seats were do in order to get what I wanted.

Carole

Topic author
suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

CaroleF wrote:
Should you be a late bird Sue when they do release the bookings for the flight seats they go on line at midnight. I have, on occasion, stayed up when the flight seats were do in order to get what I wanted.

Carole
Hi Carole,
I am on holiday from 3-10 November, fly back the night before they are due to be release, but I will be checking every day on my ipad, as I have heard sometimes they open a day or two early.
If not I WILL be online at midnight.
I am also on a wait list with P&O in case any premium seats become available.
Still very annoyed I never got the chance to book them when I booked the cruise...seemingly they were all gone by the time us minions could book !!

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Sue

The restaurant bookings are usually available about 8 -10 weeks before departure. We usually book at least on line before hand and then book one on board. If you go early on in the cruise sometimes they give you a free bottle of wine.

Lindsey

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Yes, if you can book online knowing you have a definite booking once on-board then great, but I wouldn't panic too much about online restaurant bookings Sue. The various restaurants staff are normally wandering around the ship each day or standing outside the restaurant touting for business.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

The speciality restaurants can be busy on the first night. People trying to avoid the same old, same old in the MDR. I reckon the first night menu hasn't changed for 5 years.....baked cod, tempura vegetables et al......!

Topic author
suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

qbman1 wrote:
The speciality restaurants can be busy on the first night. People trying to avoid the same old, same old in the MDR. I reckon the first night menu hasn't changed for 5 years.....baked cod, tempura vegetables et al......!
Gee thanks for that....something to look forward to on out first cruise for years :sarcasm: ..... :D

Topic author
suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

Its my 60th while we are away and I just wanted to make sure we get booked for that night..but that is a few days in.
But from your info..no need to panic.
Thanks for your help.
X

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Which one are you planning on Sue?
Gill

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Two points to be aware of:

1. If you book online then you will pay the price that it is online, but when on-board the price might be less. This happened to us in Sindhu on the first night - we paid £20 pp and that night it was only £13.50 pp (or something around that price) They were good enough to "move" our original booking to another night and then charge us the reduced price for the first night. basically it ended up with us going one more time that we had intended, or paying over the odds.

2. If you book online you will receive your Peninsular discount which you will not do if it comes out of your OBC.

Topic author
suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

david63 wrote:
Two points to be aware of:

1. If you book online then you will pay the price that it is online, but when on-board the price might be less. This happened to us in Sindhu on the first night - we paid £20 pp and that night it was only £13.50 pp (or something around that price) They were good enough to "move" our original booking to another night and then charge us the reduced price for the first night. basically it ended up with us going one more time that we had intended, or paying over the odds.

2. If you book online you will receive your Peninsular discount which you will not do if it comes out of your OBC.
Thanks David, don't mind paying for my birthday, but might leave the other nights till we get on board.

Topic author
suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

GillD46 wrote:
Which one are you planning on Sue?
Epicurean for my 60th :D
The rest..just whenever..but going to try them all at least once. :lol:

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

For sure. Am I right in thinking you're on Azura?
Gill

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi Sue, As it will be your first cruise for a a few years and it will be your 60th (congratulations for 2017) why don't you try and drop a few hints to hubby about ordering the special occasion (welcome on board package) l did this for my wife and she loved it. If l remember correctly it consisted of...champagne, chocolates and beautifully presented flowers (around £65)...It certainly did the trick cos my wife was nice to me for at least two days afterwards :lol:

Regards

Keith :wave:

Topic author
suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

Restuarants are now available to book !!
Iv booked Sindu, Epicurean and afternoon tea for the first few days. Going to leave the rest of the bookings till we board !!!!!
MEGA excited now !!!! Bring on the seat bookings !!!

Topic author
suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

Onelife wrote:
Hi Sue, As it will be your first cruise for a a few years and it will be your 60th (congratulations for 2017) why don't you try and drop a few hints to hubby about ordering the special occasion (welcome on board package) l did this for my wife and she loved it. If l remember correctly it consisted of...champagne, chocolates and beautifully presented flowers (around £65)...It certainly did the trick cos my wife was nice to me for at least two days afterwards :lol:

Regards

Keith :wave:
its done...lol !!!

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

I hope you have not booked Afternoon Tea and Epicurean for the same day

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”