upcoming cruises

Topics that are specific to cruising

cruisin_duo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: upcoming cruises

Post by cruisin_duo »

Suekersh wrote: 28 May 2020, 19:57
We have rec’d refunds this week direct to our credit card for cruise 17 May and 5 June. We didn’t chase P & O or speak to them. We did ask our TA what the position was last week and was told it was being dealt with and would have the money week commencing Monday 25 th May. That was a Bank hol so didn’t expect it then. On Tuesday we had one cruise refunded and the deposit for 2 nd cruise and today the balance came through.

Sue
Sue pleased to hear you've had your refunds. Hope you and Garry are both well?

bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

:lol: I'm staying optimistic, as we've had to cancel our July 2020 cruise, but still have the 2021 Adriatic & Aegean next May on Azura. We'll be 76 by then, but God willing, we'll be able to go. Who knows, it might be our last cruise. I sincerely hope we haven't already had it!

Topic author
kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by kaymar »

bassman67 wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 17:24
:lol: I'm staying optimistic, as we've had to cancel our July 2020 cruise, but still have the 2021 Adriatic & Aegean next May on Azura. We'll be 76 by then, but God willing, we'll be able to go. Who knows, it might be our last cruise. I sincerely hope we haven't already had it!
Only 76 :shock: Good heavens, half of the passengers will be on their first cruise at that age - you have at least 10 cruises left in you. :thumbup:

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

kaymar wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 21:49
bassman67 wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 17:24
Only 76 :shock: Good heavens, half of the passengers will be on their first cruise at that age - you have at least 10 cruises left in you. :thumbup:
:) :thumbup:

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

More cancellations then,I'm affected again was cruising on Arcadia in October. Only paid my deposit so far full payment was due at the end of this month.

Pam + Neil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Pam + Neil »

We have just heard on the local radio P &O have cancelled all cruises until 15th October!

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Just had an email through for my cruise.
Standard pausing operations email.

Topic author
kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by kaymar »

Yes, we've just had a email from P&O confirming cancellation of E020 in September and extending the suspension of all cruises until at least mid-October. This saves us cancelling and our deposit should be transferred into FCC, which I have already applied to have refunded!

Disappointing, but not in the least surprising and my contact at Bolsover Cruises says that he will be surprised if we see any cruises at all this year.

Ah, well, back out to the sun lounger in the garden and a nice cool beer. Who needs cruises?

LadyPCruiser
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by LadyPCruiser »

Yes I think the back garden it is this year - October’s cruise cancelled - fingers crossed for South America in January but I’m not optimistic !! - disappointing but health and safety must come first .

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Well, at long last we have received our refund back for the Azura cruise 19.4.20 which we had cancelled with our TA on 3/3/20 and received a confirmation from them on 4/3/20.

Having sent an e-mail to our TA at the end of April and phoning them again last week to chase, I was told that PO would be sending us a cheque any time soon as we had originally booked with them on board ship and then had it transferred to a TA. I then phoned PO and spoke to girl there who looked our details up and was informed that the refund had been made to the TA on 12.3.20 :shock: :shock: as it was a perfectly normal cancellation made before PO cancelled the cruise. Obviously I was now able to provide much more specific information in yet another email to the TA quoting what PO had told me and asking for the refund as soon as possible.

The next day a member of staff from the TA rang to request bank details so that they could do a bank transfer which would speed things up and it was paid in yesterday.

I do wonder how many other people are being batted backwards and forwards between travel agents and PO so slowing down the refunds.
Maureen

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

We had a cruise booked from Montreal to Boston in July.
We cancelled the cruise back in February as the American friends we were travelling with didn't want to end up being confined to an inside cabin on a ship. That meant we lost the deposit but at least saved the bulk of the cruise cost and Montreal hotel costs.
That just left the flights - we were flying into Montreal and back from Washington DC travelling down from Boston to Washington via "the scenic route" taking a couple of weeks to do so.
Anyway, yesterday BA told us our flight to Montreal was cancelled so I tried phoning several times during the course of the day to get a refund without success - lines extremely busy, please try later.
Then I tried again at 8am this morning as soon as the phone lines opened and managed to get through so all being well I will get the refund within the next 7 days - result. !

Topic author
kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by kaymar »

Kenmo1 wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 12:35
Well, at long last we have received our refund back for the Azura cruise 19.4.20 which we had cancelled with our TA on 3/3/20 and received a confirmation from them on 4/3/20.

Having sent an e-mail to our TA at the end of April and phoning them again last week to chase, I was told that PO would be sending us a cheque any time soon as we had originally booked with them on board ship and then had it transferred to a TA. I then phoned PO and spoke to girl there who looked our details up and was informed that the refund had been made to the TA on 12.3.20 :shock: :shock: as it was a perfectly normal cancellation made before PO cancelled the cruise. Obviously I was now able to provide much more specific information in yet another email to the TA quoting what PO had told me and asking for the refund as soon as possible.

The next day a member of staff from the TA rang to request bank details so that they could do a bank transfer which would speed things up and it was paid in yesterday.

I do wonder how many other people are being batted backwards and forwards between travel agents and PO so slowing down the refunds.
Maureen
A good result, Maureen, but not a good story.

Do you mind me asking which TA you used? We could possibly be having a similar problem with Bolsover - was it them by any chance?

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Hi kaymar, I prefer not to say the name as we still have a cruise booked with them for next year but it wasn't Bolsover.

If you have trouble getting through to any of the companies, I found I got an instant response if I ignored all the 'press 1 for this/press 2 for that and just clicked on the number for booking a new cruise. You get a speedy answer with that and then ask them to transfer you to someone if they can't help you. Good luck.

Topic author
kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by kaymar »

Thanks, Kenmo. On 27th Feb we cancelled an Arcadia cruise just before P&O did, in order to get back 50%, which we did. It is the remaining 50% with which we are struggling a bit. Still time, though, and thank you for confirming that your TA is not the same as ours. To be fair, we have always been very happy with Bolsover.

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Hi kaymar, you are probably now in the same position as us, with a large FCC for the amount that PO would normally keep (in our case they would have kept 60%). Our problem is we are both over 70, husband 77 and with a heart condition, so I think our insurance will probably cost so much that it won't be worth using the FCC for a new cruise. We have a Christmas cruise for Dec 2021 which was booked before the pandemic so I am hoping before renewal to ask the insurance company a whole load of questions about using the FCC for upgrading that and how that would affect the insurance.

Maureen
Last edited by Kenmo1 on 04 Jun 2020, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by kaymar »

Yes, that's exactly ther problem, Maureen. To the 50% from February, we have just added the deposit of £330 in respect of a cancelled September cruise so our FCC will be fairly substantial and we are far from sure that we will ever cruise with P&O again. We are advised by our TA not to chase any further but just to wait for the refund for which we have applied. We shall see!

Keith

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”