Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
suespud
First Officer
First Officer

The Retreat on Azura.

Post by suespud »

Ok..who has done this recently?
I have read lots of reviews about The Retreat/Spa packages over the last few weeks , but lots are quite old.
What way is best to do it?
I want at least 2 full spa days, ideally about 5 or 6 ish half days.
anyone help?

Sue
eeek its getting real now... :lol:

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: The Retreat on Azura.

Post by MaureenB »

I have used the Retreat every time I have been on Azura, and that is quite a few times. What I do the minute I get on board is to go along to the Spa reception and book full access to the Retreat for the duration of the cruise. This means you can come and go as you please. As there is only a limited number of pax they can take (about 50 or so now) it is vital that you book it as soon as you board. After they have got a good idea of the take up of the passes they will then release daily passes, if any. The price is dependent on the length of the cruise and what sort of weather is expected. In April around the Greek Islands it was a reasonable £300 for the two of us. Later on in the summer it can come out more expensive.But have never paid more than £400 for the two of us. I think you are going to the Caribbean? And you have a suite with a large aft balcony? You may feel that you will not want the extra expense of a full cruise pass to the Retreat with your own facilities! But I too have an aft cabin (not a suite unfortunately!!) because they have super sized balconys and I still want the Retreat! The service is super the beds are so much bigger and you have shade as well as full sun.
It is an easy thing to book your treatments as you go along rather than committing to a timetable at the start.

Any questions please ask away

Regards

Maureen

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

Oh and one more thing, they stopped doing half day passes a long time ago!!

M

Topic author
suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

Thanks Maureen, that helped a lot.
Looking at it all in detail now.

Ohh we don't have a suite this time it's a SDL but it's as aft as it can be without actually being on the aft..lol

image.jpg
image.jpg

Sue.x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DEBBIEBUTLAND
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by DEBBIEBUTLAND »

I'm not sure about paying out for the retreat,we did on Britannia but on Azura it doesn't look so secluded is that right? And no private whirlpools?
Do you have to go straight away to book for the whole cruise or is there time to have a look around it before making any decisions? And maybe leaving it till next day to book or will they all be gone on a Caribbean cruise ?
For a caribean cruise will places go quicker? How full does the retreat get? Can you move sun bed through the day?
How much of it is in the shade?
Sorry for all questions.
Thanks in advance.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I'll leave those questions to those in the know, but welcome to the forum Debbie.

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

DEBBIEBUTLAND wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 21:53
I'm not sure about paying out for the retreat,we did on Britannia but on Azura it doesn't look so secluded is that right? And no private whirlpools?
Do you have to go straight away to book for the whole cruise or is there time to have a look around it before making any decisions? And maybe leaving it till next day to book or will they all be gone on a Caribbean cruise ?
For a caribean cruise will places go quicker? How full does the retreat get? Can you move sun bed through the day?
How much of it is in the shade?
Sorry for all questions.
Thanks in advance.
I'll try to answer.
No you don't have to book straightaway, and yes you can have a look around. Not sure how quickly the place go on a Caribbean cruise but I'm guessing pretty quick.
Unlike Britannia the wall sealing off the Retreat from the rest is glass so pax can see you whilst lying around in comfort! There are jacuzzis (2) but they are by the now public swimming pool on the lower deck of the Retreat. In the first years the pool was for Retreat use only.

As I said there is only a set number of places to sell so it is not rammed. A sea day will find more people in there obviously, but there still is the issue of the set number of places. It has never felt overcrowded.
About half is shaded.
You can move from bed to bed as you wish......................provided of course there is not a body on the bed you fancy :lol: :o
There are tables and chairs as well as the sun beds. If you have used Britannia you will have a fair idea of the facilites.

Hope this helps

Maureen

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”