Future Cruise Operatives

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Future Cruise Operatives

Post by oldbluefox »

Could somebody enlighten me on the value of future cruise sales onboard ship.

On our last cruise we decided to have a word with future cruise sales. We already have a cruise booked for next year but could not remember when it was so we asked the question with a view to sneaking in a second cruise if there was one we fancied. To cut a long story short the girl could not think of a way of finding out and said she would ring P&O sales department and find out then let us know. Needless to say we are still waiting and a possible sale has been lost. Why do these people say they will do something and then not do it?

As it happened I remembered there is free internet access to the P&O website and I could also access my Cruise Personaliser on there, which, later in the cruise I did and discovered the information I was looking for. Maybe this is something we could have been pointed towards although I am surprised they could not draw up my details on their own computer anyway.

Are there really good deals to be had by booking onboard apart from a bit of extra OBC? This would be worthwhile if you already have something in mind when you embark on a cruise. However I did get confirmation that FCDs have been discontinued which does not surprise me as there were so many caveats attached to them it hardly seemed worth the risk. I'm afraid, at the moment, P&O seem to be doing very little to entice people to sail with them other than the mass market. I like P&O but there's quite a lot I don't like about the direction they are taking.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Re: Future Cruise Operatives

Post by qbman1 »

I think it depends upon the quality of the individual. We have always received good service and advice form the on-board reps. In fact, the girl on Adonia recently (Michaela) was on her first on-board mission as she usually works in Carnival House. We had an inquiry that involved Cunard's schedules and she actually went to the trouble of engaging in a web-chat with a friend in the office who checked on Cunard's database including destinations, price and availablility and passed back the info to us on board in real time.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

qbman1 wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 14:55
... her first on-board mission as she usually works in Carnival House
I have read somewhere that they are moving some staff out of Carnival house to add an additional Future Cruise Sales person on each of the ships.
oldbluefox wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 14:30
the girl could not think of a way of finding out
I have only once had a query whilst on board a ship and the guy had complete access to the P&O reservations system.

As for deals go I cannot really say as it is not something that I have been interested in doing but from the odd glance at the "offers" some have looked quite good. I think the problem with FCS is that you need to do your homework to know what you are doing or you fall into the trap of "impulse buying".

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

david63 wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 15:10
qbman1 wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 14:55
... her first on-board mission as she usually works in Carnival House
I have read somewhere that they are moving some staff out of Carnival house to add an additional Future Cruise Sales person on each of the ships.
I think that's a good idea as the Future Cruise desk is often oversubscribed with long queues, especially on sea days

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

I'm not sure if this still applies but on our last cruise P&O were offering cruises booked on board as requiring only a £50 deposit per person instead of the usual 15%. Does anyone know what happens if you cancel the cruise because you have had second thoughts - do you just lose the £50 or do P&O suddenly hit you with a bill for the rest of the normal 15% deposit?

Maureen

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Only booked a future cruise once. Unless it's for more than a week it's not worth it.

Just my personal opinion of course.

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”